Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some bugs in TSR.
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aquastorm
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject:  Some bugs in TSR.
Subject description: Found them playing the missions.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently downloaded the mod and found it to be pretty good, but found some bugs along the way.

GID Mission 6 - Dr. Boudreau becomes a trainable unit, acts like Tratos. Kinda strange, is this intentional?

GDI Comm. Centre (Radar) - uncapturable on Mission 6. I think it's uncapturable in any situation. Kind of game breaking since the objective is to capture the damn thing.

Mammoth Tusk missiles - not sure if this is intentional or not, but 2 tanks firing 5 salvos each did not harm a Harpy all that much.

Harvester doesn't belong to new owner when it's unloading at a Refinery captured by an engineer.

Stealth Tank's firing angle MAY need slight adjustment, the smallest of hills (not a cliff, just a bump in the terrain) blocks the missles and nulifies the attack. They also do awful damage against air units.

Attack Bikes don't seem to attack air (Unit Description that came with the mod says it does), maybe it was just my bike's bad luck, but so far, it's not doing anything against that Orca fighter shooting at it.

NOD Sam Sites don't attack jump jet infantry, rendering some missions very, very easy.

And I also have some questions about the mod:
What's the point of having a NOD Flame Tank if it's just a cheaper not earth-dwelling variant of the Devil's Tongue? It travels slow as heck and although looking impressive, isn't all that useful in situations.

The NOD Light Tank I kinda get why someone would buy it, for the anti air and anti-ground power, but it's still pretty slow for a light tank, is there any chance of it being faster?

NOD seems to be pretty armour heavy, with the light tank, heavy tank and classic tick tank aw lower-tiered tanks while GDI only has 1, the Titan, is there something planned to make GDI's armoured force more varied?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mod is not in progress anymore - so no bugfixes will be done. The mod is skrimish-only anyway. Campaign problems are not to be solved.

Aquastorm
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew that...but I guess I can make a hotfix for it myself then.

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another problem: The cutscenes of the Firestorm missions are missing somehow. I've done some research myself but I haven't found any answers.
Do you have one?
My TSR installation has:
German TFD Version of Tiberian Sun
ETS 3.40
TSR 1.21

Without TSR, the videos work.

UPDATE: Good news: I found the cure: Just make a copy of your movies01.mix file and rename it into movies03.mix.
Of course, you can also try to extract the firestorm movies from movies01.mix and pack it into a new mix file called movis03.mix.

jef21
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I am new here just registered in order to ask for help.

First of all, this is a very good mod and I enjoy it a lot in MP, now I just started playing SP with it.

Now for my problems. First one is missing NOD intro cutscene in TS. Second, harvesters aren't capturable with rafinery while unloading, needed to make two missions easier (especialy NOD mission 3 Rescue rebel commander). Anybody knows how to fix any of them?

Radar fixed in rules.ini as writen elsewhere hopefully the NOD infiltration mission (infiltrate GDI center with spy to locate Mammonth Mk II.) will be comletable now and one for GDI (can't remember which one).

I have XCC untility instaled so I can modify the .mix files if someone tells me which parts and how I have to modify in order to get the the problems solved.

Thanks for your help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon