Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
Dawn of War race discussion
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm actually playing DoW too now, so that makes how many of us?

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least 3, and as we're talking about Dawn of War now, what's your favorite Dawn of War faction?
Mine would probably be either Eldar(for their hard counters) or Chaos(for the Defiler and Predators).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the Necron. The remind me of Cyborgs, only thougher and with groovier weapons #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've always been Chaos as I used to have a Chaos army and they're just Space Marines but cooler. If Soulstorm is in the equation then I do like the Sisters of Battle/Witch Hunters.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i play DoW topo, battle sisters and tau are my fav's, even if i have a few probs with taus slow eco.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those who wonder where this thread came from all of a sudden: I split it from the IC forums #Tongue
Also, DC player here (don't have Soul Storm).

undermannen
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I play both DoW and DoW II, my favourite race is Chaos as they are EVIL! and i like that.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Space Marines, fool. This game is probably the best way to do a squad-based RTS ever. I've got DoW, with Winter Assault (Gold Edition) as well. My copy of Dark Cruasde is on the way, and if I get the cash for it I'll work my way to Soul Storm too.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SPACE MARINES! And my favorite chapter?! GREY KNIGHTS!!! (Then Black Templar)

Seriously, the Terrans in any game are my pic of choice. Conventional tactics that STILL roflstomp all in their path.

Imperial Guard is a close second.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Imperial Guard is where it's all that, even if lore doesn't really cover them beyond CIAPHAS CAIN DEFENDER OF THE IMPERIUM!

Beside, there is always the tank goodness, in case you go a few million deaths too far.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very well, I suggest we all have a game sometime soon, Winter Assault being the common Denominator?

I am most use to the space marines, as they were featured in the campaign. I like the imperial guard, as to me they have a lot of strategic options that don't include chainswords. Orks I just hate, I still don't understand the Waagh system.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAU For life!!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
TAU For life!!

Bunch of space commies.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chaos Marines beat the Space Marines in the game between m7 and me. It was a close battle, with maxed our armies marching up and down the map, only to be turned into ashes and corpes. SM Dreadnoughts made for a powerful attack, but the sheer onslaught of Chaos pushed back and eventually showed the SM that they did in fact worhsip the false emperor.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to play you guys at some point, I was a pretty nifty Ork player back in the day....dabbled a bit in ESL but decided competitive isn't that fun.

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't played in so long, I don't even know if there is enough oil to derust all these joints.

Schwarzer SchmetterlingV1
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been a massive Chaos fan, but I find myself playing the Spess Mehrens a lot more often... I play on Soulstorm? The campaigns just abysmal though... it's more fun to just make my own colour schemes and watch them Boss Smack the enemy to submission... What's your favourite tactic?

C: Run around
D: Desert you.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started playing Dark Crusade, and holy shit that game is teh awesome. I'm an Imperial Guard player, and in the campaign (Risk style campaign, which is perfect for the game's 7 factions) I've defeated chaos and am assaulting the necron home base.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum