Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Outbreak
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
xXHunterKillerXx
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun Outbreak Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I know it's cliche. And, the logo is ridiculous. Not to mention my lack of serious modding skills. Laughing

Most of you probably don't know me, I've been floating around ppm for quite a time now. If you've been on the TS forum you might have seen me.

Now then, on to the mod..

Tiberian Sun Outbreak. As the name should imply, it's a zombie mod. Partly inspired by EVA-251 and his Yuri's Revenge Zombie Mod. To be honest, I've had hopes for something like this long ago, but nothing ever appeared on the net. (As far as I know.) So, here I am, and I'm giving this a shot.

I'm not here to really impress anyone, since right now, I doubt I could. I really hope I can be accepted by this community and gain some support in this endeavor.

All you'll see for a while will probably be voxels. But everyone loves those right?

Here's the Scavenger Truck I made a while back. It's basically the apocalyptic harvester. The name is subject to change, and so is the voxel itself.
What do you think?

horv_000.jpg
 Description:
The 'HORV' counterpart.
 Filesize:  9.38 KB
 Viewed:  6158 Time(s)

horv_000.jpg

harv_000.jpg
 Description:
Scavenger Truck.
 Filesize:  8.63 KB
 Viewed:  6158 Time(s)

harv_000.jpg

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good so far. Keep it up.

1. It's hard to tell how this really looks like from only voxeleditor shots
2. Ingames would be also be really good to see how it matches TS atmosphere
3. Scale?
4. Can we have some more details please. Yes its a zombie mod, but how about the factions? Are there more than one type of side fighting the zombies? (I've seen 4 sides in TS before)

xXHunterKillerXx
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I'll post in-games as soon as possible.
Scale? As in size? Slightly smaller than WW Harvester.

About the Factions.. I'm not sure really. I was planning on just two for now. Survivors vs Undead.

Though I'm not planning on the zombies being playable. XD
I'll see. For now, I'm just working on units.

xXHunterKillerXx
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump. Very Happy

And, In-game.

Sorry for the big white space surrounding it. O.o

I'll have to admit, It's a little bright.

Upper right is the unload anim.

Harv.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.51 KB
 Viewed:  6128 Time(s)

Harv.jpg

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would suggest just print screening ingame and pasting into graphics programme.

Also save as .png as JPG results in noisy and loss of quality.

I think you need to improve the planning of your mod and the setting.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
xXHunterKillerXx
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm. That's pretty much what I did. And, I hear a lot of contradictions around here. Some people say jpeg is better than png, while others say the exact opposite. So, I'm at a loss for words in that area. Laughing

Planning is no good, since plans were made to go wrong, and the setting will change.

Thanks for the tips.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think this could be interesting, a horror themed mission. like a small town of survivors battling creatures. I am not sure if this could be 2 player, where one player acts as the survivors and another as the creatures.

If you where to further expand upon this idea you have several villages each with different "technologies" so they would have to band together to defeat the creatures, that come out at night, mostly.

xXHunterKillerXx
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I was planning on the Zombies being AI controlled. And Human players were always Survivors. Ive had a few glitches with trying to get that working.

About the zombies only being around at night. That could be done, I'm assuming, with map triggers. I have never played around with mapping before so I couldn't say.

I also have no experience with AI modding. All I'm really able to do is some artwork, mostly voxels. I'd need help to get this whole thing done, as with any project I suppose.

Anyone is welcome to help with SHP's, as I suck majorly with those.

Updates for this will be slow, I'm being honest. I have a lot of stuff I have to do in real life right now, but I'll try and show progress from time to time. I'll also be updating the OP occasionally.

Cheers.

Last edited by xXHunterKillerXx on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, mapping its not too difficult. its easy to understand yet is complex enough to do various things.

I think its the best way to go about this project is get a prototype "mission" per say to introduce what you are trying to achieve, as far as gameplay.

don't worry now about graphics, you can use place holders for now, such as mutant images, maybe fiend and visceroid. plus public shps out there, to get better representation.

Just focus on planning and layout, as wells what i would consider storyboarding up your maps, where would certain triggers be and such. Yea daylight effect would be lighting triggers and cues, mostly illusion.

but scripted up and set up right like could make up for a good experience.

xXHunterKillerXx
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the tips, Ickus. Much appreciated. Very Happy

I'll work on that 'prototype' first-thing tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon