Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FAQ: "I flamed a n00b and my post disappeared!"
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [106 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject:  FAQ: "I flamed a n00b and my post disappeared!" Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently, I've been noticing a growth of 'n00b' bashing here. I'd like to repeat and get it straight: FLAMES are forbidden in PPM. It doesnt matter if the person you flame is a n00b or not or acted like one. If you are pissed off at a person due to his/her behaviour in the boards, make a good use of a tool called comunication. Explain the person why he/she is acting bad and what should be done to this person adapt to this community or act better. If dialog doesnt help (person acts in bad faith), talk to me through PM or MSN. By flaming the person, you also act like a 'n00b' and loose the reason. Registering a new account just to insult someone is even worse (I won't mention names here, really). The point of this 'philosophy' is not to support 'n00bs', but it's to convert today's 'n00bs' to future good modders and friends. So, please, let's continue to be a friendly community as we used to be.

Last edited by Banshee on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, sometimes n00bs can be annoying, but almost everybody has once been a n00b in modding...

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like I was almost recently a nOOb

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just i think the reason why some people flame n00bs is because the same questions have been asked, over and over again.
A good example is at the Wagnerma forums, because people ask "how do i edit a map" over and over again... *sigh*

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have a problem with n00bs... but I do have a problem with "n00bs that are assholes". seriously, I like to help n00bs whenever possible (I'm working on a generals tank with this guy to help him with his modelling and skinning) but if they are going to be an asshole about it they get on my: "what an asshole! list"

I feel this whole thread is based on my post to that one guy when he got all pissed off because I told him to put his image in his sig instead of uploading it for every thread... (which he hadn't done yet, I was just trying to prevent)

I'm sorry for being a asshole. (I don't mean that sarcasticly... seriously)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah well a lot of nOOb's aren't familiar with a lot of the modding terms so they get all pissed off when you say somthing that they don't know

no offence

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't mind helping n00bs either, but like what kid said, if theyr'e @$$holes, or if they ask the same question that's been answered so many times (then you tell them to look in the forums, and then they say they can't find anything... *sigh*) then it gets frustrating...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem with noobs is mostly, they don't talk correct english (OR THEY DON'T USE CORRECT PUNTUATION!!! (glimps at certain native english speakers))

or they don't look around before asking.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still, have i ever been unfriendly to a nOOb? i guess the only time was when that guy wanted all our voxels and stuff and copy TSR units etc..

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Problem with noobs is mostly, they don't talk correct english (OR THEY DON'T USE CORRECT PUNTUATION!!! (glimps at certain native english speakers))

I think you forget that not all noobs are English or from a country that doesn't have difficutly with it. Now I know that every body makes a slip in their grammatica somethimes. But think about it: you can't expect a chinese to speak perfect English?? Or an English to speak perfect Chinese niether. People learn from practicing it often. And noobs can sometimes never have spoken english before. Even my English has improved in the short time that I've been active on modding forums. Think about that. And also keep in mind that can be young so they can't have English on school but the basics of it.

But for the rest I agree with you all that they should learn to search first and then ask the question. Maybe a link above to a page with links to basic editing stuff can help?? Just a thought.

Quote:
Still, have i ever been unfriendly to a nOOb?

Not that I'm aware of. You even helped me often with stuff. Same goes for Banshee, Smiff and The Kid. You all are never really unfriendly to a noob. Only sometimes annoyed (maybe mis spelled) for them asking the same questions over and over again.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well what i meant that i am seeing tons of people here that are from USA but that talk a whole lot worse that i do, maybe they're only 12 orso but come on, you can use some puntuation?

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I try to use correct grammer, it's just I'm not good at spelling...

Quote:
Still, have i ever been unfriendly to a nOOb? i guess the only time was when that guy wanted all our voxels and stuff and copy TSR units etc..

I think the only time i've been unfriendly was to that guy your'e talking about, and some n00bs at wagnerma.de who were spamming (flat out spam, like theyr'e message is just a qoute of themselves *sigh*) and insulting people...

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Well what i meant that i am seeing tons of people here that are from USA but that talk a whole lot worse that i do, maybe they're only 12 orso but come on, you can use some puntuation?

True, but not all noobs are 15 or so and yes they could use puntuation. That I totally agree with you but for some people talking English is like for a American talking Chinese all of a sudden. I mean that not every body can speak proper English... if it was so, than why isn't it a international language to prevent mis communications??? And if they can't speak proper English how can you expect them to use puntuation?? Or read the other messages in the forums??

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeeeeesssss,, but i'm talking about Americans, i'm starting to believe they're really that ignorant, if they can't even write properly in their own native language..

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's not ignorance, The DvD. They just try to shorten its words to express what they want in a smaller ammount of time....

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question. What does "flamed" mean?

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
it's not ignorance, The DvD. They just try to shorten its words to express what they want in a smaller ammount of time....

Well, they could save -me- some time by writing properly, so i don't have to read it like 5 times Rolling Eyes

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And besides, it makes them look more stupid/n00b than they probably are...

btw, 1601st post! I give a round #Silly #Popcornsmile #All_Coholic

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NW4ever wrote:
I have a question. What does "flamed" mean?

to flame is to insult a person.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to wrtie really correctly, with full sentences and all. #Tongue I have been slacking off lately though because i just try to get my thought across quickly. I do agree that it is easier to understand with punctuation! haha

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Yeeeeesssss,, but i'm talking about Americans, i'm starting to believe they're really that ignorant, if they can't even write properly in their own native language..

stereotypes, DVD... Wink

The reason why my grammer is so bad is because I'm not very good at spelling and I often miss keys on my keyboard 'cause I'm typing fast while not looking down...

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:

I'm with you dvd I hate americans

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe i though you were an American (looking at your spelling/grammar/punctuatio #Tongue#Tongue)

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL Are americans so dumb? I can't belive that. It's an ironic thing: To be an american and not knowing to write in english... :LOL:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rogue4567 wrote:
The DvD wrote:

I'm with you dvd I hate americans

I think you shouldnt stereotype that much. Likewise you people, I also hate the yank govern, but I cant discount it in its population. Many people from USA are nice people, like Sk8erkid, Fremen5 and many others. Btw, there are inumerous americans who cant write in english... go to Cuba, if you wanna see loads of examples... they do live in America (continent) like I do and I'm also NOT dumb #Tongue

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

I think you shouldnt stereotype that much. Likewise you people, I also hate the yank govern, but I cant discount it in its population. Many people from USA are nice people, like Sk8erkid, Fremen5 and many others. Btw, there are inumerous americans who cant write in english... go to Cuba, if you wanna see loads of examples... they do live in America (continent) like I do and I'm also NOT dumb #Tongue

Yay! i'm nice! Very Happy

it's all steriotypes, people!
not all Americans are those people who think that the usa is right and everybody else is wrong. Far from it, actually. I think the USA did very wrong things, like the "Concentration" Camps that they had for Japanese in WW2. (I called them concentration camps because I couldn't remember what exactly they were called.)

Think about it Rouge, when you say that you hate Americans, that means you hate people from the Americas. That includes Native Americans, Canadians, French Canadians, People from the USA, Mexicans, people from Haiti, Jamacians, Dominicians, Gautamalens, Nicaugurans, people from El Salvador, Costa Ricans, Hawaiians, people from Panama, Columbians, Venezuelans, Guianans, Surinamans, Brazilians, people from uruguay, Argentines, Chilieans, peple from paraguay, Bolivians, people from peru, people from equador, and all of the other peoples I forgot to mention...
*sigh*

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ummm.... I'm confused. How long has American referred to everybody in North and South America?

I thought American only referred to those who live in the USA.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm talking about the Americas
it's just my point of view, that it is a large region with smaller regions in it...
kinda like "European" or "Asian"

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, American generally refers to a person who lives in the USA. People who live in Canada are called Canadians, then there are Mexicans, Brazilians, Ecuadorians, Argentinians, etc. If you want to refer to America and Canada, it's North America while the soutern half is South America.

And, as far as I know, the Caribbean is not a part of the American continent. So Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic and all other islands are Caribbean islands.

Andway, we've moved far off topic here.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, Clazzy. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Errrr... Caribbean Islands are part of American continent. The right word that represents those who live in USA is 'yanks', however, due to their lack of knowledge about the rest of the America as well as their centralized arrogant egoistic culture made them call themselves americans ignoring the rest of the American Continent...

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exactly!

Well i'll call them 'yanks' from now on!

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
...however, due to their lack of knowledge about the rest of the America as well as their centralized arrogant egoistic culture made them call themselves americans ignoring the rest of the American Continent...

I usually don't call my self an American...
I usually call myself an Ohioan or an Illinioan... Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then, it's correct... I am a carioca (name given to those who were born in the capital of the state of Rio De Janeiro).

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee: In my language, the word "carioca" means "the marker" (It's something you write with)

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, an admin/webmaster's a marker. Laughing

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if u hate peeple being evil to n00bs then why do you have the smilie eh? Rolling Eyes Noob! and Banshee has even been evil to a n00b (yes me, i can face that fact, when i first posted here with that stupid overly rehersed post)
tut tut tut be ashmamed Razz

[/sarcasm]

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:

would that be Zed you're talking about?

"Banned" RP here

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er...
Quote:
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:16 pm

Need I say more?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Er...
Quote:
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:16 pm

Need I say more?

However, this topic is still actual...
I realise my mistakes and I will try not to act so anymore...

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

However, what he posted wasn't exactly productive.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It takes time. Noob A may use improper grammer like...: "h3y dvd! y0u @r3 s0 1337 My s0c|<s 7r3mbl3 in ph3@r from u!",and be a great modder. where as,Noob B may type perfect english,and be a stuckup jackass. eg: "Your really taking my patience with your egomaniacal personality,Clazzy,your little bouncing,single celled organism in your avatar pisses me off so much,that if i ever meet you,i will hack you up and bounce on you for that." but eventually,you either change,or ban them. Neutral

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^LMAO Laughing

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope you don't actually think that #Tongue BTW, it should be You're in the N00b B sentence. So much for using correct English Wink.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i want the first example somone like that would ROCK!

The Wicked Flea
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never flame n00bs, chemical missles are so much more effective! Laughing (jk)

I have seen both sides of the proverbial n00b 'coin'.  I've had to explain to both, and I vastly prefer the first.  I also try my hardest not to be the latter...

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Errrr... Caribbean Islands are part of American continent. The right word that represents those who live in USA is 'yanks', however, due to their lack of knowledge about the rest of the America as well as their centralized arrogant egoistic culture made them call themselves americans ignoring the rest of the American Continent...

that sure as hell made my day. Laughing
the thing that's so sad is that it's the truth.

ok now people i'm gonna ask you a simple question( i already know the answer ) what EXACTLY does foreigner mean?
the ENGLISH NOT the AMERICAN meaning of the word.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my big bump of this topic for:

VM x frt, Tyler Adams, Morpher, Ackron and DaTschikinhed.

And a nice quote from Batman Begins (great movie, heh?):

"It’s not who you are underneath but what you do that defines you." -- Rachel Dawes (performed by Katie Holmes).

In short, if you act like a n00b, you define youself as a n00b. Think about it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo bansh.. you an me both know that mod was ripped.. but Im sorry.. this aint against you or nothing but I speak what I want about who I want at any time... I spoke what I thougt would get him to realize that he needs to help himself to his own creations.. not throwing other peoples stuff together in a stolen manner to get credit on what he calls a mod.. Dont call me a "n00b" when I was trying to disconcearn him from using other mods for his own glory.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally argueing with bansh,well..Banshee has said what he thinks,im not going to argue.
From now on when we see a mod we do not like we will not bother with telling the person who made its flaws or bad bits only its good points.
Becuase some people can not take advice which indicates bad work,so why bother with them and get into trouble.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!