Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
An archive of some sort?
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Should we have complile a list of tricks, coding researchs, do's and don'ts?
Yes, I think it's a nice idea.
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
I don't know if we should, generals doesn't get that much attention to waste time on compliing info.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No, we shouldn't, not worth the time or effort.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject:  An archive of some sort?
Subject description: I got to thinking...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, I've seen it on another forum and a few websites as well.
I'm thinking we could do the same and before I keep babbling on about what we should do, I was thinking we could make a "Archive" or a topic of FAQ's I suppose? or a continuous topic/thread about workarounds, secrets, coding research, etc. That way, we can eliminate some posts. In the archive we could have some coding secrets others have found and shared, some of the easier stuff as well maybe some advanced stuff, just so there is a "look-to" post with most of the things we've found and can do and maybe we could add the things we Can't do or haven't tried. That way, instead of digging through the topics, it could all be in a one post which we could then sticky and have it at the front of the generals editing forum so once you go here, youll see "Generals Coding Research and tricks" or something like that.

Anyone's thoughts?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is an index of tutorials, and the Generals forum here isn't developed enough that your proposed thread would be shorter than actually going through the threads. To look at how to do something, there's really only three places one has to look: the index of tutorials, the actual Generals forum, and finally the research forum of Invasion Confirmed. Speaking of which, I should actually write a couple more tutorials...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A better question: If I create a research forum for Generals here, would you guys use it?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least we would have a central place to put all of our research/discoveries in then.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say its better to have one. Since even if it wouldn't be that active - a new member can always come and be interested into Generals. And the information he'd get could be useful.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right at the moment, most of the Generals research on PPM seems centred around the IC forum... which is to be expected, I suspect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon