Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
VenomRage Mod [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Cranium
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 9 of 12 [558 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

Also, for a stable release - dear dude, you're really far far away. The new faction might be done, but the AI, music, sounds, other graphical shiz - its a lot.

he doesn’t need any of that for a Stable release (it helps though) just a few bugs as possible (hence stable) and a basic set up showing what to expect. In the real world of games this would be equivalent an early beta version judging by what done so far.

He would need all that stuff for the release to get the attention this mod deserves which is something I never say about RA2 mods but he has done a good job and his improvement alone with the graphics makes it worth playing...
As for the power plant, I like it and it looks different from the bulk of power plants which games have. Perhaps a nice fancy terminological should be put in-front of the words power plant so people can work out that its looks are functional. Smile

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
Also, for a stable release - dear dude, you're really far far away. The new faction might be done, but the AI, music, sounds, other graphical shiz - its a lot.

I have alot more done than you realize Deformat, The Terrain is also done, My AI is like already 90% done and mean enough already that if you blink to long or lose focus of your surroundings, they're gonna tear you a new "bleep"hole.

I guess I should have mentioned it as a pre-beta release and not a final.
I think the only things I really havent touched yet would be the GUI and Music/Sound/video files. Though I do have alot of war sounds, just havent converted them to .wav yet.
I dont know where I'm gonna get some new Theme Music from without infringing on copyrights, Maybe Aro and crew of TI have some leftovers I could possibly use? "hint,hint"
I've also tried making some new video's for the loading process, but for some reason FRAPS crashes the game when it's actvated, so I'll have to figure something out on that. Anyone know why it would crash the game?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fraps doesnt work good with 2d games... especially not RA2

try hypercam or camtasia.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HyperCam works great, Thanks Apollo!

I've run into another set back #Cussing out I have to rearrange some buildings in order to accompany thier anims. For some reason I just could'nt get them to work as planned. Thank god there is only a couple that need it.

So here's what the new RF airport shall be. It will only support 3 aircraft and they will line up in middle of runway.

a271.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.6 KB
 Viewed:  9812 Time(s)

a271.png

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it looks a bit like a conveyor belt (hope it's the right word).
I suppose something could be done at the start and the end of the runway to counter that,but I don't know what Confused

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it have to be a runway?
I realy dont understand which RA2 mod add in Runways when the game doesnt support them properly. Would it not be better just to put 3 landing pad/area markings on it.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o.k. well how about this one?

rfaircc.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  482.49 KB
 Viewed:  9762 Time(s)

rfaircc.gif

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it's better

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you think of this as an alternative to the CAOILD?
The oil pit"oil" and drill are animated, well in the process of being animated.
The oil is gonna have a thick liquid type movement.

a279.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.85 KB
 Viewed:  9682 Time(s)

a279.png

[TiberianPast]
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like it. Smile

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks odd. As in...doesn't look how it could store oil.

In fact, I don't even know with what is similar to O_o

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks a bit strange, but alright.

-Add more details, which are diverse
-Work on the texture for the top of the cylinders, the square texture curving on the round surface is weird.
-a GIF of animation would be great

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
In fact, I don't even know with what is similar to O_o

Why does it have to resemble something else? Use your imagination man.
But I will definitly add something to make it look like it can store oil.

MT wrote:
Work on the texture for the top of the cylinders, the square texture curving on the round surface is weird.

I kind of intended it to look like that, kinda like a patch with the oil leaking from the seams. I dont know I'll see what I can do to make it look better.
I'm working on the .gif but wont be done till maybe tonight.

So here is the results of the new VenomScudLauncher, it will take the place of the existing V3.

a280.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.07 KB
 Viewed:  9647 Time(s)

a280.png

a281.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.2 KB
 Viewed:  9647 Time(s)

a281.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of you have already seen this Miner, but it's been textured and updated.
I have some cool ingame war scenes for ya, but my internet is experiencing technical difficulties uploading a large file Confused

a282.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.94 KB
 Viewed:  9623 Time(s)

a282.png

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well only concern that comes to mind is the foundation size of your structures.

In most long games, people build multiple factories, etc and my concern is players will have limited build space on smaller maps due to huge buildings.

It also makes balancing splash damage weapons more difficult due to the multipler effect on big foundations.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably the only thing I will scale down at the moment is the RF Power, There is an alternate airport, for the smaller jets, and I think Ares will implement the use of multi factory types in the future which should solve alot of this. Besides my maps are pretty big in size, not extremely big, but big enough to handle lots of building. Lagging shouldnt be a problem either for the most part as I've toned down or cut out the "middle man" things that tend to lag the most. So playability should remain somewhat constant.

Here is a new addition to the RF Faction, it boasts "8" 60mm anti air cannons, has radar and guided "lock on" technology but has a weak armor, and vulnerable to most tanks. These will be best utilized as flankers to protect the main battle tanks from any air attacks.

RF Anti Air.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.02 KB
 Viewed:  9484 Time(s)

RF Anti Air.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your vehicles are really good, your buildings just need more detail IMO.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That AA Tank looks great, though the cannons need more detail, like the box where they're attached to

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying my best to keep improving on the existing things, though it can be really hard to keep up with a Million and One things going on Very Happy

This here is the Vehicle that will deploy into the FieldRadar I had shown earlier. Venom dosent have the Radar capabilities as the RevengeForce, so this will help to "Reveal" extra portions of the map and radar. I havent decided whether to put a build limit on this yet.

a305.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  321.16 KB
 Viewed:  9350 Time(s)

a305.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another late add-in, the Venom Plasma Tank. Uses powerful plasma lasers to cut thru it's enemies toughest armor. Though it has a weak armor itself "because most of the laser producing equipment is exposed", it's bite is worse than it's bark! Razz

a308.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.34 KB
 Viewed:  9221 Time(s)

a308.png

a306.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  160.66 KB
 Viewed:  9278 Time(s)

a306.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did some updating to this conyard, and looks like I will now use this one for the RF in place of the other. So once I get it textured "most likely tonight" I'll show some ingames with it in action.

cnst0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  311.83 KB
 Viewed:  9173 Time(s)

cnst0000.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful. Wow, you're really improving, compared to page one #Tongue

Really good stuff!

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These textures look alright? or do you think there's to much metal? Dont hold back, if you think they suck tell me.

RFCnst.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.67 KB
 Viewed:  9129 Time(s)

RFCnst.png

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume the texture is unfinished? becuse its almost all grey. but nice model

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to much metal #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Harv wrote:
to much metal #Tongue

Lies! Its finally a model on which I don't have any major complaints. Nor minor, probably just the base textures, they mix a bit weird, but that isn't such a major problem.

YET it must be seen at its normal size.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know, I really dont think I like this. It's kinda too Black and White, Kinda like a 1950 Black and White TV show Laughing which would be fine if the RF was B/W but there not Confused I'm just gonna have to re think this one.

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe add more remap part.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The WarFactory driveway cement needs to be darkened to match the conyard's and Refinery's... other wise i cant wait for this to be released

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just a basic defense structure.

a318.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.47 KB
 Viewed:  8988 Time(s)

a318.png

a317.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.23 KB
 Viewed:  8989 Time(s)

a317.png

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, but that middle piece looks way too weak.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a317.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.18 KB
 Viewed:  8939 Time(s)

a317.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working on a new style Refinery, gonna go something like this. This isnt the actual anim, was just just testing to see how things would work. There will be other anims dealing with tiberium/Gold moving and dumping as well. Concept look alright for the most part?

Refinery.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.53 KB
 Viewed:  8899 Time(s)

Refinery.gif

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The refinery is fine. The only thing I would change is where the two pipes merge: this may be just personal preference but it'd look cooler less curved there (I'm thinking as a "T" intersection, with 90 angles).

Also I'm not a fan of the bright gold being used so much on the model.

But overall great job, keep it up.

P.S. Cranium do you never go on MSN anymore? :p

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote:
There will be other anims dealing with tiberium/Gold moving and dumping as well

So, yeah it's the main reason I chose the Gold color, when melting down gold things tend to get "Gold Plated" after awhile. Razz

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've splited some of the crap posted in this topic. Anyway, Deformat, keep the obscene ideas to yourself, specially when they are foolish and immature. PPM is a place for everyone, including young people. It's not cool to get the site blocked by parental controls from some computers. It's the second time in less than 2 months that you've caused troubles here. Please, stop with them to prevent being punished for stupid reasons. Take this post as serious warning.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Banshee. But what happened to my textured image of the Refinery?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It probably got fragged when Banshee cleaned up a bit. Just repost it, as it'll be a fresh new start.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat...? Did I miss some drama...? Shit.

Anyway, I haven't checked this topic in a long while, and I gotta say, that Conyard is mighty damn fine, The top part is great, it just needs some more polishing here and there imo.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@inzane krazy:
Na, you didnt miss much, just Deformat being Deformat. "PPM's Class Clown" Very Happy

On the conyard, yeah I've seen a couple spots that need poloshing, havent had time to get back to it. "same thing with a hundred other things" Laughing It's very very hard doing a TC all by my self, but I'm already so damn far into it, I'm not giving up for nothing. Only thing gonna stop me from finishing this thing is my death bed. Wink

Here's a repost of the textured Refinery.

a319.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.9 KB
 Viewed:  8669 Time(s)

a319.png

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eewww the gold. :S

Quick Banshee remove it again!
Very Happy

Retexture the gold parts they don't fit tbh.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well thats the second complaint about the gold color, so hmmm, o.k. I'll try another texture.

I finally got my bridge heads to lay right, Yay! now I just have to add the secondary posts and stabilizer wires.

Image1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  8641 Time(s)

Image1.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see blew dotz. On zhe bridge.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, when I updated my isotem.pal for the new water I removed some colors that were being used, problem will be resolved before release. At first I didnt realize that overlay objects use isotem.pal as well. I thought they used the temperate.pal. Confused

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better?

I accidently saved it as an alpha image, thus the white background.

a325.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.4 KB
 Viewed:  8624 Time(s)

a325.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats going on with my slopes? is there something I'm not aware of? they should be like pic 2, this is how they are layed out in fa2.

Image1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Viewed:  8611 Time(s)

Image1.png

Image5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  403.27 KB
 Viewed:  8610 Time(s)

Image5.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Replace the "RMPFX*.tem" files too.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhhh yes, the Ramp fixes. Why in the world would they tie those in with the slopes? I guess there's some odd reason behind WW's madness. Smile

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the progress dude. Keep it up. I'm sorry I missed Deformat posting dildos but ztype it. I'll trump him one day.

Texturing is good, but the soviet green texture is just... green. Rust it or something, add a little grain and depth to it. Especially for a refinery where stains should be commonplace due to belching smoke and other things.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep up the good work lad, you have certainly improved a lot since you started Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 9 of 12 [558 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon