Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
SC2 modding progress?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject:  SC2 modding progress?
Subject description: Any?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Granted, Sc2 Mapster or Hiveworkshop would be *the* places to go, but seeing invested interest and now tumble weeds?

Well, I guess I post something. I was just mucking around with the editor, and all the pretty shiny things #Tongue, nothing fancy like custom units like Omegalisks and Psionic Hydralisks.

Screenshot2010-08-25 02_24_05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  371.34 KB
 Viewed:  8011 Time(s)

Screenshot2010-08-25 02_24_05.jpg

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I understand, SC2 modding is limited to map-per-map basis, which has kinda killed a lot of interest in my behalf. Mod support is supposed to be coming in patch 1.1, but then again it's probably not on the top of the list over the cross-region play demand and overhaul of the custom map system that's being demanded for as well.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
From what I understand, SC2 modding is limited to map-per-map basis, which has kinda killed a lot of interest in my behalf. Mod support is supposed to be coming in patch 1.1, but then again it's probably not on the top of the list over the cross-region play demand and overhaul of the custom map system that's being demanded for as well.

Wrong.

IIRC Galaxy Editor has a "mod" option as well.

I don't have yet a enough good computer for SC2 sadly.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep. Modding been going down since they added GE back in Beta.

It just a lot different than WC3's approach. It so insanely modular that it could be daunting to figure out how to make a custom unit. Although once that's through there are a ton of possibilities.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've messed around with the makings of custom units... even went as far as remaking the Jim Raynor vulture unit. Other then that, yeah SC2's modding has gone a lot further then WC3's. Sure, WC3 does it per map basis with the mod option being the campaign thing. I understand a bit of it, though the map triggers themselves I'm still trying to learn. I just now some very basic triggers like making units move from here to there and making a transport that holds another player's units x.x

Edit
I also just looked, and Omegalisks are a campaign units :p
Though they really are just overgrown Ultralisks

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yea those,, but I'm talking about the one shown in the GE preview by dustin browder. It had six fully functional spine crawlers on its crest/back. Although it has been recreated. Ah, it was called the Uberlisk, but it was the original ultralisk concept.

Also the tut seems to be missing. =/

The psionic hydralisk is a unit on sc2 mapster that someone made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum