Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Halo: Reach
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject:  Halo: Reach Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate it when I don't have Xbox, or any other console for that matter. So far Reach has had magnificent reviews and I can't say I wouldn't like to try it.

So what are your thoughts? Interested? Yes, no?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got the pre-order. While Halo 3 was a disappointment online, I loved the story and the conclusion to the war. And from what I've heard and seen in reviews, we've got nothing but greatness to expect from Reach. "Halo's Greatest Hits" all put together as the last game Bungie produces involving Halo.

I'll post up my own personal review when I get a chance to.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tested the Beta. Multilayer is actually amazing in my opinion, and there's so much more to expect from the campaign.

I'll be getting it tonight.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Single player-wise, none of the Halo games have really been that good but I've always got a good amount of entertainment from the multiplayer, at least the first two Halo games anyway. I'd rather wait until it drops to a reasonable price before I buy it though, anything about £38 is too expensive for my tastes, although I've been entertained by cheap games on PC for far too long.

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to hate the Halo series for all of its hype, but over time, I've found that I actually enjoy each of the other 4 fps Halo games. I may pick this up later today since locally, there's a sale which drops its price (if you tally the value of all the free swag and gift card coming with it) to US $35 (nearly half off).

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get it, the multiplayer is worth it.

Speaking of Halo, why the ztype don't we do a PPM play event through the campaign for us fellow XBL players? I know me and modder aren't the only idiots with Reach or X-Box 360s.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would if I had XBo 360x...and if I only could afford anything like that with a college student budget.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I managed to get it on the college student budget. The University Union at UNT had it for 39.99USD. It was great..

The campaign is short, but extremely well thought out. I really like it. Haven't tried multiplayer, but FORGE IS FUCKING AWESOME! Especially Forge World. huuuuge.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forge is awesome Smile

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really liked the ending

*********SPOLIER ALERT**********

I really like how you have to fight impossible odds. I mean the moment it said Lone Wolf and the objective was "Survive" you know exactly how its gonna go down. I liked that, it seemed fitting. It was also quite sad though, especially the dialouge by Halsey afterwards... Very evocative but very cool. They nailed the self sacrifice element very well.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can and you should hide spoilers in tiny text Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, I'd really love to play this. The video is funny too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2s4MLC-7JE&feature=fvhr[/youtube]

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude, I love Halo Reach. It's one of the most amazing games I've ever played. And I've played some pretty epic games. I went through and played (and payed attention to) every detail of the campaign. Every tiny little nook and cranny has it's purpose, and every detail is thought out very well. The ability to fight in space, on a ship, on the ground, and the explanation of cortana and the forerunners is just mindblowing. Multiplayer is really entertaining, although it gets aggravating when you get your ass kicked by a 9 year old because he lives on Sleep, Elementary school and Halo. By far, the best feature is the Forge World. The map-making abilities and possibilities are endless. I currently have a map where you're either defending (or attacking) an UNSC air patrol base, another where you're in an ancient style arena and not only is the central ring a pit of death, but the corridors underneath the stadium, and of course the stands, are all within play range. Also, the fun random stuff, like Mongoose racing, and even a Falcon racing (that's fun when you have to not just win the race, but not die when some of the team spawns at "checkpoints" that are armed to the teeth. Avoiding rockets is hard work when there's only a few meters on either side to move.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum