Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Few more unit ideas
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject:  Few more unit ideas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking of a secondary money source for the Forgotten since GDI has their supply drop and Nod stealth harvesters. This idea might be too weird to work, but once you have a logistic center you could build supply trucks for 1000, then deploy and sell them for 1250. This would basically give Forgotten unlimited resources. But on the downside if you just queud up tons of supply trucks you would halt all other vehicle production. Not to mention your attention would be in deploying / selling them, which would make it harder to keep doing it while eg. attacking. You could still order alot of them and come back only when you have like 10 ready. But that would leave them open for enemy to take out. Does this sound unbalanced, or simply too much of an annoyance? Think I might feel obsessed to constantly buy them. Maybe give them BuildLimit=1, so you can't just queue up tons of them?

I'm also thinking of replacing the Nod gas mine with an anti-air mine. The gas mine has limited use tbh, you can't use it near your own base, and vehicles can just run out of the gas clouds before they get hurt too much. I'm not sure an anti-infantry mine that you can't even have near your own base is worth all that much. The anti-air mine would remain hidden and release a barrage of rockets on any aircraft that came too close. Not sure if a single mine should be able to take out an airplane alone. Maybe 200 damage? That would be enough to drop a basic Orca, and put other aircraft in red health. They would work well with samsites too, enemy might underestimate your base's AA defences. Just need to balance them to make sure they don't replace samsites altogether. AA Mine costs 320, samsite 500. They are single use though.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I thinnk that you should keep that gas mine, but trying to fix what is missed, to be more used. Gas mine is unique idea, I like it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not a fan of the deploy-for-money trucks, because it seems too convoluted to me.
Yes it gives money, but it does so in such an round-about, ungainly way.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, the supply truck would have been too much of a mess so I scrapped the idea. I've kept the gas mine in too, I'll try to increase the initial damage so it at least works very well against infantry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon