Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
Curbing the crush
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject:  Curbing the crush
Subject description: or how I learned to stop worrying and love car fu
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a quick and easy question for veteran Generals/ZH modders.

How do you turn off that pesky AI from deliberately trying to crush things all the time even if the main weapon is better at killing the target being crushed? (For example, Quad Cannon vs Ranger)

I want to know is there a general way to just shut it off for the game without having to make trees immune to crush, infantry immune to crush, vehicles immune to crush or making vehicles in general unable to crush anything? Crushing things during transit is fine, the AI going out of their way to crush things deliberately is not.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
AIData
  AICrushesInfantry  = No
End

That goes in the map.ini of your map if you want it to just take effect in the one map.

The same tag is in AIData.ini if you want it to take effect in the whole game.

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I was looking for!

I assume AICrushesVehicles is a proper tag too?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, I'm afraid not. Although the amount of vehicles that can crush other vehicles is very small. Just the emperor and overlord IIRC (unless of course you are making a mod #Tongue).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon