Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Generals Power
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject:  Generals Power Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You see on the screenshot that the Mines and Scrambler are unavailable, is there a way to make them only available that early for the Boss General? Without cloning / creating new powers.

And how can I make a General Power like an upgrade, I have seen tutorials for an Artillery Barrage clone, but what I desire is some sort of cloaking upgrade, just like demolitions. Making it purchasable (?) at game start. Only infantry can be able to buy cloaking. Is that clear enough #Tongue ?

Power.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  2071 Time(s)

Power.PNG

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The method IS cloning.

You need clones of the entires in:
Science.ini
Commandbutton.ini
-Purchase Science
-Support Power
-Support Power From Shortcut
Commandset.ini
SpecialPower.ini

A simple clone will do the trick. You can see this is what the devs did because some of the Sciences are named "XXXEarly"

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used this for my upgrade:
Code:
Behavior = StealthUpdate ModuleTag_09
    ScienceRequired = SCIENCE_Cloak
    StealthDelay                = 0           ; msec
    StealthForbiddenConditions  = MOVING ; stays stealthy while attacking
    FriendlyOpacityMin          = 30.0%
    FriendlyOpacityMax          = 80.0%
    PulseFrequency              = 500   ; msec
    MoveThresholdSpeed          = 3
    InnateStealth               = Yes
    OrderIdleEnemiesToAttackMeUponReveal  = Yes
  End

It gives me an error at startup of the game. It is the code from the Pathfinder. I added them onto the Ranger, Tank Hunter and Hacker
Can I use the science icon on the unit itself too?

Like:
UpgradeCameo2 = SCIENCE_Cloak

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop adding lines to modules that don't belong in there. ScienceRequired is NOT one of the tags associated with StealthUpdate. You did this before in that other thread.

Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, I guess in my entheusiasm (?) I added the ScienceRequired line which came from the RedGuardTraining...

But, I wanted them to become stealth when you select the General ability, they become stealth as soon as they come out of the barracks, with or without the power

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modules only can use a certain set of tags, while whole objects you can treat like frankenstein and add whatever module you want, you can't just add whatever you want inside the module.

Sciences are used for four things: Support Powers (command buttons too), Veterancy Upgrades, and Unit Prerequisites. If you want to use a science that grants an upgrade, you'll have to use a work around like making a unit require the science and then having that unit grant the upgrade, or having an upgrade use the ScienceRequired Tag. Both of which require you to click on a button after buying the science.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon