Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
RA2DIY reborn-we need you!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject:  RA2DIY reborn-we need you! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Our Redalert DIY Forum has been rebuilt cuz our unqualified administrator take our database away(or better to say,hijacked for some purpose) . According to him we will never have it again.And in no way can we recover it. Everything we once had is lost.But we still have those top modders,and you, our friends.
Wherever you come from, we welcome you to show your own work and share your resources here. Redalert DIY need you, and we hope together we can make our forum better!

Advertisements is a serious problem now. So to sign up, everyone has to answer a question about CNC. Like "what is similar between Yuri and Kane". But all in chinese.If you want to use our forum, two ways are available:

Specially created public account

Name:anonymous
Password:anonymous

PM me,tell me the name you want,then I send your password to you,which you can change later.

http://bbs.ra2diy.cn/index.php

Last edited by kenosis on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come on!

We will prevail!!!

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public Account:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting , that someone used this public account. But didn't post anything.
One of our administrators asks whether you feel it ok to visit a chinese forum.Maybe he'd post some english instructions of RA2diy.

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: RA2DIY reborn-we need you! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Our Redalert DIY Forum has been rebuilt cuz our unqualified administrator take our database away(or better to say,hijacked for some purpose) . According to him we will never have it again.And in no way can we recover it. Everything we once had is lost.

What all of them gone!? Dude that sucks!

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be more handy for us foreigners if there was option to switch language in the forum IMO.
I've been member on previous board but i don't exactly master chinese either, just forum layout to browse but thats generally workful.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it would be much easier..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
It would be more handy for us foreigners if there was option to switch language in the forum IMO.
I've been member on previous board but i don't exactly master chinese either, just forum layout to browse but thats generally workful.

THIS.

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use Google translate?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the post are all chinese.Only these boards' names can be in english.

However,all of you can understand INI (read posts in INI board ) and download VXLs & SHPs ,language is then not a problem.

Cyclone Loong
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although the language of our forum isn't English, the key words are all English, like VXL, SHP, INI, ZIP, RAR and so on.

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyclone Loong wrote:
Although the language of our forum isn't English, the key words are all English, like VXL, SHP, INI, ZIP, RAR and so on.

Come on, are you serious???

The problem is, this forum engine does not contain multi-language support. Adding English comments may be a good idea, however it may also lead to other problems such as corrupted display. Still, I will try.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah one can browse them but beyond that, all buttons in chinese usually so you'd be kinda clicking in random, only help is to check the address bar to see where it would go and that doesn't work always either.

I doubt the idea is just to have viewers in your forum and you'd want posts too...

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember RA2DIY. I made a account for PPM members too use. So the forum is gone and your restarting huh. Well I don't know what to tell you but failboat. We at PPM could donate voxels and such but it would be great too have a English section or button that converts things into English. What would be nice but most likely hard too do is have it so if in English mode it brings the data within the text field too google translate or whatever the hell you want as the translater and then display it on your site in English.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This?

未命名.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.05 KB
 Viewed:  7925 Time(s)

未命名.PNG

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it helps but I mean like a script that brings the data within the said text field too the Google tranlater then brings back the tanslate.

I mean like
Poster said
"你好,我是新"

(User browsing forum in English mode.)
(User goes too page)
(Script runs too bring data too Google translate.)

Poster said
"Hi I'm new" (translated)

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is too difficult for the forum engine……
Maybe you can help yourselves using Google translation.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use a better forum engine.

Steam

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is a simple PHP code setup. It just requires that it checks if the user is in English mode. Then it copy's what is in the text field of the poster(s). Finally it brings the data back in English. If I was that far in my web class I would give you a hand.

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nearly impossible.

There hasn't been a second forum that supports multi-language interface in China yet, thus no such an engine is avaliable.

We will prevail!!!

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LH_Mouse wrote:
Nearly impossible.

There hasn't been a second forum that supports multi-language interface in China yet, thus no such an engine is available.

That's great. You should be the second forum to support multi-language so that the forum will gain more popularity. You should at least try to create that engine right?

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Untrue wrote:
LH_Mouse wrote:
Nearly impossible.

There hasn't been a second forum that supports multi-language interface in China yet, thus no such an engine is available.

That's great. You should be the second forum to support multi-language so that the forum will gain more popularity. You should at least try to create that engine right?

Hey, you misunderstood me. I mean RA2DIY is the "first", no "second". Besides, I know few PHP codes and cannot do anything yet. - -

SightHawk
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Public Account:

Why can't I use the public account?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SightHawk wrote:
kenosis wrote:
Public Account:

Why can't I use the public account?

Cos it's 8 years old?

snmiglight
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. I was able to login just now.

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:

Yeah. Google Chrome can even do that for you. Just right-click on the page and click "Translate".

hotrods20 wrote:
It is a simple PHP code setup.  It just requires that it checks if the user is in English mode.  Then it copy's what is in the text field of the poster(s).  Finally it brings the data back in English.  If I was that far in my web class I would give you a hand.

I might be. Do you think it could link to an HTML file that contains the China->English translation and swap the text like that, either in the HTML/CSS or in the JS?

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SteamsDev wrote:
kenosis wrote:

Yeah. Google Chrome can even do that for you. Just right-click on the page and click "Translate".

hotrods20 wrote:
It is a simple PHP code setup.  It just requires that it checks if the user is in English mode.  Then it copy's what is in the text field of the poster(s).  Finally it brings the data back in English.  If I was that far in my web class I would give you a hand.

I might be. Do you think it could link to an HTML file that contains the China->English translation and swap the text like that, either in the HTML/CSS or in the JS?

You're answering 7 year old questions FYI.

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh...

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon