Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mobile stealth generator idea
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject:  Mobile stealth generator idea Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As it is, I'm not too sure how useful the mobile stealth generator is against human players. It's visible while moving, so theres a very high chance enemy player will see it before you deploy it. So I was thinking, what if the mobile stealth gen was invisible even while moving (like a stealth tank). And when you deploy it, it casts the cloak as usual, allowing you to hide other units as well. This would allow you to move them out in the field, then move in with subterranean APCs without ever giving out your position. Very good for setting up ambushes.

Only thing I'm concerned is would this change make the unit too powerful? Can you think of any exploits it could lead to? I guess you could move to enemy base unseen by building 2 generators and deploy / move them with your forces. But the units do cost alot (1600 a piece) and have very high prerequisites. And any decent player would have at least 1 sensor array in their base. Would it be fair to increase the cost of the mobile stealth gen to 1800 if this change was made?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt it'll make the MSG overpowered, as it will be visible for a few seconds everytime it (un)deploys (along with the trademark "woosh" sound). In my opinion the cost is enough, too.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep it still flashes visible for a short moment when you deploy / undeploy, even with Cloakable=yes. But I reckon it's still alot harder for the enemy to notice where they are exactly, since you have only 1 second to spot them. I'll keep the cost at 1600.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But I reckon it's still alot harder for the enemy to notice where they are exactly

Not really, because if you intend on moving a small force with 2 MSGs by deploying and in turn undeploying them, every time they do so, the whole group is revealed. And if you keep doing this for a while, the enemy will surely spot you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon