Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mechs Oh noz!!!
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject:  Mechs Oh noz!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I go about adding mechs? Dear god I hate animating!!!!!

Anyone know where I can get a w3d mech model with bones and animation so I can just add my model to ze bones and mess with animation?

Are they supposed use infantry coding or just the same as vehicles but with an animation? The latter hopefully...

Oh and doesn't anybody know of a turorial on how to make mechs for generals by any chance?

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting a mech model would be difficult, they're not the most used units in mods, if if they're used they're not likely to be community property.

Animation code for mechs is what i think same as tanks, but with transitionstates and more code.

The way i'd make a mech is by dividing the mech in several parts: upperlegs, lowerlesg, feet, cause mechs get a robotic feeling by this, and using a w3d skin is a lot more work.

As for animating mechs there's some tricks:

1- before starting on your 3d model focus on drawing it think how it'll look like, in this stage think of it's movements.

2- after you've made your model and figgured out some ideas for its animation we prep the parts by aligning their pivot. try to align the pivot so the animating will be as simple as possible. you might ask DaFool if he can sent you a prepped model from IC.

3- now we make the animation, start slowly, and do one full part at a time, like doing the entire right leg, rather than just doing it's feet.

I hope this helps you a bit on your way.

If it doesn't work at all, just make your model and i'll see if i can animate it for you, however i am rather busy outside the summer vacations.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah right thanks.

Could I add you on msn? I already have the model made, the problem I have is with Gmax and how to add bones and make it work as a W3D in the game.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't use any bones besides the ones I would normally use for a tank, I directly animate the moving parts.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried the direct animation method. It is just pressing the animation button and moving parts frame by frame right? Didn't show up ingame...

What must the coding be like?

What must the export options look like? Hierarchical model or Hierarchical animated or is it one of the others?

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the animated Hierarchical.

You need to make sure you have the animation coding, just look around at other buildings/units that use animating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon