Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Anyone has any official (.yro) maps for yuri ?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
e8xw3
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject:  Anyone has any official (.yro) maps for yuri ?
Subject description: Anyone has any official (.yro) maps for yuri ?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
Anyone has any official (.yro) maps for yuri ?
And: how to edit them (editor won't see them in folders) ?
Sad

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use FA2 for editing maps. Just search the download in here somewhere.

e8xw3
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: FA2YR won't see .yro maps... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried...
FA2YR won't see .yro maps...
dunno what to do...

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: FA2YR won't see .yro maps... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

e8xw3 wrote:
I tried...
FA2YR won't see .yro maps...
dunno what to do...

Turn the anti-rip mode off.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, dunno why you want yuri original maps, but anyways, you can just change the .yro extension to .yrm,if i remember wokrs pretty much like that.

Seriously, why you need YR original maps?... >_>

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nonsense, the YRO files are mix files, you need to use XCC mixer to extract them.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: yro Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where do you finds these maps? or these yro mix files?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh? Since when are they mix files?

If you want to open them simply type in the full name (including extension) when trying to open the file. It'll open fine. Remember if you want the file to transfer online change Official=yes to Official=no.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Huh? Since when are they mix files?

They are actually mix files just as Blade stated, if you attempt to open one in XCC Mixer, you'll see that it contains a .map file and a .pkt file. FA2 can open them just fine too though, presumably because it just ignores all the junk in the beginning and the end of the file and just loads all the map file sections etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can just open them. Type the first part of the name, then you will see Windows finds the file, select it, done!

Its like Starkku said, but easier

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, never knew they were mix files...LOL.

Anyways, i just do like that, change ther extension and works just fine...>_>

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter wrote:
Well, never knew they were mix files...LOL.

Anyways, i just do like that, change ther extension and works just fine...>_>

i am going by this

Blade wrote:
Nonsense, the YRO files are mix files, you need to use XCC mixer to extract them.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FA2 can open them since it has mix reading functions built into it to read all the other mix files for art assets and the like. Who knows what Untrue was going on about with "anti-rip" mode though, anti-ripping is added by modifying the map after you finished it and has nothing to do with FA2 and even then is only obfuscation rather than real protection.

You used to be able to download them as an official map pack from EA though I don't know if you still can. They are provided as a plugin by LaunchBase if you want to get them that way. The map name strings for YRO files need to already be in the strings file BTW, so the developers must have had the maps in development prior to shipping the game at least patch 1.001 to know to put the strings in there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon