Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Pictures from 1.5 October Update
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject:  Pictures from 1.5 October Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets start with Gdi
Updated Gholiath apc, Falcon and Hover mlrs with possible new name (if you like it) - Tempest

TEManual_GDI_Goliath.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.2 KB
 Viewed:  14764 Time(s)

TEManual_GDI_Goliath.jpg

TEManual_GDI_HoverMlrs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.63 KB

TEManual_GDI_HoverMlrs.jpg

TEManual_GDI_Falcon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.09 KB

TEManual_GDI_Falcon.jpg

Gdi_HoverUnits.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.46 KB
 Viewed:  14767 Time(s)

Gdi_HoverUnits.jpg

Gdi_Goliath_V2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  276.61 KB
 Viewed:  14767 Time(s)

Gdi_Goliath_V2.jpg

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod
Before anyone ask Nod commando is women like vanilla nod commando, we dont have much girls in this game so why not.

Nod harvester is based on Tiberian sun harvesters, i just want to make it looks "stealth", that is why i used simple square design. Also, im not much in favor of vannila cnc3 design, it reminds me F1 racer on tracks more than harvester of any kind.

TEManual_NOD_Harvester.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.01 KB
 Viewed:  14757 Time(s)

TEManual_NOD_Harvester.jpg

TEManual_NOD_Commando.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.92 KB

TEManual_NOD_Commando.jpg

Nod_CommandoIngame01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.22 KB

Nod_CommandoIngame01.jpg

Nod_HarvesterIngame02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  284.58 KB

Nod_HarvesterIngame02.jpg

Nod_HarvesterIngame01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  235.42 KB

Nod_HarvesterIngame01.jpg

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod Secret Shrine, crates and some new mutants stuff

TEManual_MutantMastodont.jpg
 Description:
This unit is based on mammoth prototype from Tiberium down. How cheap it might sounds there is strong logic behind it. Remeber tiberian sun? Mutants use prototype mammoth from time to time as heavy support. Also i believe that original mammoth belongs in
 Filesize:  161.78 KB
 Viewed:  14749 Time(s)

TEManual_MutantMastodont.jpg

Mutant_hovel_Vehicles.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  302.84 KB

Mutant_hovel_Vehicles.jpg

Mutant_Mastodont.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  205.85 KB

Mutant_Mastodont.jpg

crates.jpg
 Description:
Crates now have different models for each type - heal crate, money crate, unit crate and veterancy crate. If you like surprises in multiplayer I can do it so that this feature will work only in single player, but I personally prefer this feature in multip
 Filesize:  291.76 KB

crates.jpg

Nod_ShrineTE.jpg
 Description:
One note, fancy lanterns will be NOT add after upgrade, i hope no one miss them xD
 Filesize:  207.85 KB

Nod_ShrineTE.jpg

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't wait for 1.5 Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's all pretty cool, I like the Nod Commando especially. I'd maybe make the Harvester either a bit bulkier or look more like a Harvester by having some sort of clear Tiberium vats on it.

Please correct "Mastodont" to "Mastodon".

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I MISS THE FANCY LANTERNS!!! Crying or Very sad

Na, I'm kidding. Good work on that Secret Shrine, fits in more than the old one. My only issue, does the garage thing on the mutant hovel open or do the units just phase through the wall?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh My God. A good looking Secret Shrine? Brilliant.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
My only issue, does the garage thing on the mutant hovel open or do the units just phase through the wall?

Of course it does Cool

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey fellas. 1.5 concepts look nice.

2 things: the Nod commando is fully armored up...except for her head. No helmet? That's insanity! Why go into battle with the best possible body armor if you're not going to protect your head? Remember that scene in Saving Private Ryan?

And, when we speak of the Mutant tank, do we mean "Mastodon," the big-ass creature? It looks like it's spelled "MastodonT," which...don't look right.

Something I just noticed...the Mutant faction logo screams "Splinter Cell." I'm trying to remember if the Forgotten had any such logo...

Otherwise, it looks great. Just send me that text file when you're ready, and I'll get right to work.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The logo appears a couple of times in TW - its basicly a warning sign that the object (a barrel or a building) contains Tiberium.

The Mastodon tank is a cool idea, but it still reminds me to much of the Renegade Mammoth. Maybe some armor plates to indicate that the tanks was salvaged and repaired by the mutants?
I also dislike the idea of mutants using green/tibeirum based weapons, but that really depends what motivations the mutants have. Razz

Last edited by Stygs on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like Hover MLRS new model, it look more detail compare to old one.

for helmet of Nod Commando, I saw most of commandos lack of helmet or armor for easier to movement and avoid bullet, don't forget that your vision will less when ware helmet. IMO, Nod commando shouldn't ware so much armor may be only at chest and body to protect a critical point. She need speed, and make him less armor will more make sense.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wasn't there already a "Mastodon" unit in C&C somewhere? Wasn't it in C&C4?

you could rename the Mastodon as a "Looted Mammoth Tank" or "Mutant Mammoth Tank." I agree, it does resemble a Mammoth Tank, and likewise, it probably is, so it should appear busted, broken, cobbled together, as though it was looted off the field and patched back together.

Fair argument on no helmets for the Nod commando. Speaking of which, is that Nod commando replacing the Cyborg Commando?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, "Tempest," nice touch.

And there is nothing wrong with Mastodon, the C&C4 Mastodon was just a cheap ripoff of the Mammoth Mk2.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

White Wolf wrote:

Something I just noticed...the Mutant faction logo screams "Splinter Cell." I'm trying to remember if the Forgotten had any such logo...

you could rename the Mastodon as a "Looted Mammoth Tank" or "Mutant Mammoth Tank." I agree, it does resemble a Mammoth Tank, and likewise, it probably is, so it should appear busted, broken, cobbled together, as though it was looted off the field and patched back together.

Stigs wrote:
The logo appears a couple of times in TW - its basicly a warning sign that the object (a barrel or a building) contains Tiberium.

The Mastodon tank is a cool idea, but it still reminds me to much of the Renegade Mammoth. Maybe some armor plates to indicate that the tanks was salvaged and repaired by the mutants?
I also dislike the idea of mutants using green/tibeirum based weapons, but that really depends what motivations the mutants have.

Logo used here is indeed generic tiberium logo as is used in cnc3. Im using this logo for neutral / tiberium stuff until i get better idea.

I dont want to use another variation on name mammoth here, its not quite the same unit as mammoth tank, it lost some remarkable features of mammoth - missile pods and gain some new. Also it would be third unit with name mammoth in this game so i thought it would be better to name it different. I dont insist on name Mastodon though, it was at hand so used it. Im rather surprised that most people accept it so quickly Very Happy

You right guys, i should put some more armor plates on.

I think mutants should use tiberium based weapons. They are immune to tiberium radiation and they have very close to tiberium so it feels natural.

White Wolf wrote:
Fair argument on no helmets for the Nod commando. Speaking of which, is that Nod commando replacing the Cyborg Commando?

No, its new model for ordinary commando.
White Wolf wrote:

Just send me that text file when you're ready, and I'll get right to work.

Sure, good to know you are still wiling to help Smile

Rygar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, do you know you could even do a 4th mutant faction in future? Shocked

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mutants are always best as just rebel groups and warbands IMO, can't imagine they'd ever muster a force organised enough and big enough to rival GDI and Nod. Plus what would their agenda be? They're just outcast survivors in the wastelands.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are like the Fremen from Dune. They understand that their survival depends on them staying unified.

You need Tiberium Power!

Rygar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To give an answer, someone has made an entire mod to make mutants playable as 4th faction. It's a nice mod but doesn't add nothing more.

http://theforgotten.cnclabs.com/

Last edited by Rygar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry I missed this thread, but thats a nice edit of the Ren mammy. It looks gorgeous ingame. How many tris is it?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rygar wrote:
To give an answer, someone has made an entire mod to make mutants playable as 4th faction. It's a nice mod but doesn't add nothing else.
Yeah I know about that mod and I fundamentally don't agree with it. #Tongue

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the story is ok but adding to what OmegaBolt said. It is fairly unlikely that the Forgotten could seriously rival either faction. That said, I don't think that they couldn't pose a threat in a conflicted region but, in general, an all out strike by either faction would cripple the Forgotten.

Rygar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess everything is possible. It depends by some factors. The "history" of the faction, the history of the mod, the "willpower" (ex: does Carnius want to make a 4th faction or continue to keep them as neutral side?), the abilities/technologies, etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon