Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM Fall 2010 C&C1/RA/TS/RA2/YR .shp Building Contest
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [123 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the prizes? what is it?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since orac is unable to convert mine, and I managed to get shp builderworking, I. Can get mine done I think.

Posted on my Samsung Epic on Sprint, the "Now Network"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
But the prizes? what is it?

Cranium wrote:
Custom Rank" will not be issued by Banshee unless thier is a sufficient amount of entries. I am also going to include (2) pre paid Visa cards in the amounts of 20.00 and 10.00 US Dollars. Not much, but all I can afford right now. I am also going to extend this comp to 19th of January 2011. There will now also be 2 winners, 1st place will get "pending Participation" A Custom Rank from Banshee and a 20.00 pre paid visa, 2nd place will recieve a 10.00 pre paid visa. So now hopefully this will draw some more attention into this competition. Start Building guys.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

12:00 am EST (US Time) is deadline. You have 3.5 hrs to go if you want to enter. No entries will be recived after that time. Good luck to all who entered.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, the rest is up to you judges. There's no rush, so when ever you find free time, just dont wait till next fall. Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we hear how many and who entered the contest in the end?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, I dont see why not.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't manage to produce anything in the end. Ah well -_-

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Didn't manage to produce anything in the end. Ah well -_-

Same.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Can we hear how many and who entered the contest in the end?

I have 3 entries:
Cranium
Joshy
LKO

Unless I've missed some, these are the contestants.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

too bad, i hoped there would be more in the end.

Public SHPs

Tools

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I entered for the lack of entries. Oh well.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I let it run for 90 days. More than enough time to produce something. Heck I even opened it up to all the 2d games and c/p was allowed also. People just arent interested in contests anymore, so it seems.

***All you judges did get my updated version right? I sent out 2 entries, the first one sent is null just so you know.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: contest Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are those that aren't into these contests, but I like seeing the creative side of people, just like the barracks contest mentioned in this post

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11824

I couldn't believe when I went back to look for this. 4 yrs ago (assuming this was at the end of 2006). I feel having these contests can inspire people to create buildings on their own instead of just downloading someone elses work or can give people an idea of what to do with their own. There are alot of people out their with some great talent, I hope this contest doesn't go bust. Looking forward to the entries.

Um...90 days more, get my roads done, maybe I'll work a bit on a couple of my European buildings for my mod and enter one of them.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shit. I thought I'd sent in an entry.
Oh well, I'll hold out to the next contest.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do they have 90 days more or what?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, the contest is over. You may start your judging.

Note: Due to lack of entries there will be no custom ranking from Banshee..Sorry guys, there just wasnt enough entries for him to warrant it.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

perhaps you could set the month in the contest name, when I read fall I assumed it'd be open until Autumn, that being March April May (southern hemisphere), best not to use seasons as names in an international contest.

And yes I am aware a date is in the post but I didn't notice it until now Sad, thought I had more time

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, It's really up to everyone here. If you guys want to expand it a little further that's fine with me. Nothings set in stone yet. Smile

Heck I'm not even going to wait for an answer. Since there has been 2-3 people wanting to enter something we are going to expand it for another 60 days and maybe pick up a couple more entries during this time. Why not, every other contest has been extended multiple times, why not this one. Wink

Judges, new Deadline is March 20th, 2011 "this is the final date, no other extentions will be granted"

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Longest contest ever? Hahaha.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good, give them more time!

I have a nice thing to give! Is start with a P and I say nothing more.

A pack, or what it can be I never tell^^. But anyway give us more!

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: shp Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool............im gonna finish a building to enter.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope many will make some buildings Very Happy

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Very Happy, I'll be cracking open the modeler very soon Cool
Also, is it ok if I get help with the conversion to shp? I can model and animate etc no problem, but I haven't converted to shp yet Laughing

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
Also, is it ok if I get help with the conversion to shp? I can model and animate etc no problem, but I haven't converted to shp yet

Well, it's really not a condoned thing for such contest, but daTS had Orac help with his project, so yeah I dont see why not. But keep in mind, this is supposed to be an individual accomplishment. and really, points should be deducted for having others help with any of the process.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
Rico wrote:
Also, is it ok if I get help with the conversion to shp? I can model and animate etc no problem, but I haven't converted to shp yet

Well, it's really not a condoned thing for such contest, but daTS had Orac help with his project, so yeah I dont see why not. But keep in mind, this is supposed to be an individual accomplishment. and really, points should be deducted for having others help with any of the process.

I don't see why someone helping teach technical knowledge should induce point removal, that just discourages new people getting into the contest (which clearly has resulted in few entries)

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
I don't see why someone helping teach technical knowledge should induce point removal,

Sorry, I didnt make it clear enough. There will be no points deducted from this contest and I dont mind if someone helps you. I was just referencing that such contests should be on an individual accomplishment. Think of it this way. If it takes 3 people to complete your model to shp then its really not your work. It's the work of all 3 people. It maybe your model but not your work. Understand what I'm trying to say?

Rico wrote:
that just discourages new people getting into the contest (which clearly has resulted in few entries)

Not true, cause I've pretty much tried to open the door on every angle to get more people involved. Like I said I dont mind if people help each other on this, I dont mind c/p, i dont mind what game its for "2d games" just as long as it arrives fully ready for ingame in .shp form:D

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a reminder, 2 weeks till deadline.
We still need more entries......

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd start making something if someone could suggest something to make. Otherwise, I've got no ideas and would probably end up making some ridiculous GrandPsychicTeslaObelisk.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a similar issue Laughing
Hmmm ideas ideas

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy balls. Is this still on?

Steam

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it's still on. Razz

You guys can make whatever you want, faction or civilian.
and remember, it can be for any of the 2d C&C games.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a new Allied Grand Cannon, with SHP turret.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make a new Obelisk, CABAL-like.
Whatever. Just create anything #Tongue

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright well, I made something. But first, I can't get SHP builder to make a shadow frame even though I've either included the shadows in the first frame/ or made them a separate frame. What am I doing wrong?

For Example:

cabldg11.shp
 Description:
test bldg

Download
 Filename:  cabldg11.shp
 Filesize:  45.56 KB
 Downloaded:  63 Time(s)

Edge
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same thing happens on mine. Are the shadows the right color?

Edit: Didn't know this was extended again. I'll try and enter.

Last edited by Edge on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The shadow color your using is 0,0,237. It's to close to the 0,0,252 background color. So when you import it into shp builder it recognizes it as the blue 0,0,252.
So before importing the shadow frame into shp builder make sure to floodfill the shadow color to 0,0,196

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Cranium, though I think I'll try and get it to render shadows darker. Too many animation frames to open and close @_@.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your shadow is at the wrong angle. Just an FYI.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you use 3dsMax you could always use the RA2Script which renders the building and shadow seperatly.

Image7.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  251.44 KB
 Viewed:  7144 Time(s)

Image7.png

Image4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  254.41 KB
 Viewed:  7144 Time(s)

Image4.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
Your shadow is at the wrong angle. Just an FYI.

For Tiberian Sun, yes. For Red Alert 2, no.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 days remaining people, be quick if you want to enter.
EDIT: 3 days, not 13

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

13 days?, dont you mean 3 days?

Edge
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gotta be very quick, definitely.

Taking a very long bus ride tomorrow, so I'll finish mine then and submit it once I find free WiFi.
Only problem is my Laptop's battery runs out fast. Even faster with Max running.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well good luck on it rendering before the battery runs out, make sure it doesn't auto-shutdown at like 15% battery life or something stupid Wink

RA2Script really helped, don't know why I never seen the thread for it. Should be ready to submit once I figure out SHP turret firing animation logic. (32*7 / piⁿ * Ω³...)

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well if you guys want we can let it run till the end of the month, I mean hell, whats 12 more days Laughing

Edge
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha. I think we should let the last remnants of 2010 die off as soon as possible, so the 20th is fine with me.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
RA2Script really helped, don't know why I never seen the thread for it. Should be ready to submit once I figure out SHP turret firing animation logic. (32*7 / piⁿ * Ω³...)

You do know that TS and RA2 don't support turret firing animations on SHP units, right?

Public SHPs

Tools

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
13 days?, dont you mean 3 days?

Whoops, indeed. Sorry for the confusion #Tongue

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO Sure they do, you just make it an offset (or not offset if you want it to fire at 0,0,0) animation for the weapon. But you're right, and I gave up because figuring the offset is too much work.

Anyway. Submitted in all its terrible indignation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [123 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!