Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Campaign] Urban "Enforcer" APC
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject:  [Campaign] Urban "Enforcer" APC
Subject description: Anti-mutant/Anti-riot vehicle
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enforcer A.P.C

(pictured here next to the "Pacifier" Urban Tank, the Enforcer is a large vehicle, designed to strike fear into the hearts of any rioters it should meet)

Unit Stats
Strength: Medium
Weapon: Net Launcher
Advanced Weapon: N/A
Speed: Medium
Requires: N/A

Description:
The "Enforcer" urban APC is used by GDI in regions not under direct threat of incursion as anti-riot measures. In order to prevent armed uprising by disgruntled civilians living in Super City development zones, GDI began phasing out the use of standard military units in civilian zones, swapping them for 'civilian friendly' vehicles. The Enforcer is one of such projects. Its large size and engine power, coupled with decent armour, makes the Enforcer an important part of law enforcement in the rougher parts of GDI's domains.  The net launcher mounted on the vehicle's back allows the Enforcer to defend itself against infantry targets, but other than this the Enforcer is unarmed. Despite orders not to harm rioters, it has been known for squads to outfit their vehicles with more fatal weapons than nets.

Last edited by Orac on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like this vehicle. Cool design. Any chance of seeing a 360 vxl viewer shot?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I honestly think it could use a better colour scheme. Bright blue is all but fit as urban camoflauge.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grey would be better for an urban enviroment but then it would just be blurred into the grey pavement and buildings so we decided it would be better with actual colour, it isn't really trying to camoflauge in with anything.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well how about a combination of gray and brown, as there seems to be a selection of old, rusty buildings? Whatever, it just seems that the allied scheme is today's fashion, if you know what I mean.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, just make it darker.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its perfectly fine. These are Anti-riot-vehicles as I understood the concept - theres no need for camo and therefor the grey-blue, i think, should be fine.

Id even suggest spilling a bit more blue at the vehicle and maybe tone it a little darker, to give it some contrast. Right now is indeed kinda grey.

How about some blue stripes in Homeworld2-style?

yup, neptune size!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a personal peeve, but... The yellow parking spaces and the white ones are annoying. Can you make a unified set? Like, what the hell, if you park in one direction all parking slots are the same color?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe.. Yeah, I guess it could be done at some point.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's common in a lot of countries to have different coloured parking lines depending which way you are facing as it's pretty important. Anyway, now that I'm not talking garbage, we could simply recolour them and have them facing both ways in white and yellow.

Or just flip them both, since they're not very lighting sensitive
~Orac

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, those are different types of parking lines. How about making rotated ones ,of each?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
I really like this vehicle. Cool design. Any chance of seeing a 360 vxl viewer shot?

Always happy to oblige. Smile

Enforcer.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.48 MB
 Viewed:  7722 Time(s)

Enforcer.gif

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, nice indeed.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the off-center weapons placement

yup, neptune size!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice job on this one. Conservative, but appropriate design

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Versace
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't take my eyes off it Surprised Cool!! Razz

EDIT: Reminds me of the Batmobele from Batman Begins!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon