Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
Engine talk
Moderators: Vefbl4
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [271 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bigger, please. Last I heard you didn't keep chrono in your pocket.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be frank, I don't like the sphere aspect of the chronosphere, which by the way was not introduced before Ra2. It feels like a shiny disco ball thing that looks cheesy rather than mysterious and it doesn't resemble the raw/dirty piece of top-secret experimental tech that it was in Ra1.
There needs to be a wholesome thinking in design.

But don't get me wrong, it's still a cool tank design!

Brotherhood of GOD
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still development?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this engine is going to be modder friendly, I want this to be possible:

Quote:
The Forgotten had evolved to draw energies out of Tiberium directly in order to power their "unique" abilities. You can think of them like psionics and such if that helps (or even X-men lite), but they were going to have a lot of control over the battlefield and all the flora / fauna on it, as well as being able to negate a lot of Scrin powers via their abilities.

For tech, they used stolen GDI and Nod gear that they modified to their own ends. While not as strong as GDI or as fast as Nod, they were intended to be a very finesse-driven side, since your power pool for every ability on every unit and every production facility was shared (i.e. piece a unit together for 500 energy, or call an ion storm for 2500 energy, use ability X on unit Y for 1000 energy, etc.)

To sum it up:

A credits system resource for constructing buildings and a separate energy pool system for unit abilities, special powers as well as building units from production facilities.

Building base structures costs money. Building units and using special abilities costs energy. A different resource.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want, I want, I want. Write your own.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Engine aside, what's your oppinion about the above mentioned gameplay system?

Quote:
Write your own.

Or I could build on his existing engine sourcecode.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep the sphere but, keep it concealed or behind something. Its just hanging out of the tank in an obviously targetable area. Any fool with half a brain is going to try to blow that sphere up with their first rocket/tank shell. Something that precious shouldn't just hang out.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Keep the sphere but, keep it concealed or behind something. Its just hanging out of the tank in an obviously targetable area. Any fool with half a brain is going to try to blow that sphere up with their first rocket/tank shell. Something that precious shouldn't just hang out.

It's a good tank design, but it's no "chrono" tank. Keep that as something else and make a different design for the real chrono tank. I suggest it to be about the size of a battle cruiser. That would be cool and believable, seeing as it carries a heavy generator that needs to be protected by tough armor. This unit would probably be the heaviest land vehicle for the allies.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Any fool with half a brain is going to try to blow that sphere up with their first rocket/tank shell

Unless they're the Japanese airforce.
But I agree, yeah.
Pepzi wrote:
I suggest it to be about the size of a battle cruiser.

I'm sorry, but is there anything about that which is sensible?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Volgin wrote:
Any fool with half a brain is going to try to blow that sphere up with their first rocket/tank shell

Unless they're the Japanese airforce.
But I agree, yeah.
Pepzi wrote:
I suggest it to be about the size of a battle cruiser.

I'm sorry, but is there anything about that which is sensible?

Perhaps not. I would be fine with a recreation of the original chrono tank.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see this as being an acceptable continuation of technology. Things have a tendency to get smaller as time progresses. The first computer was huge, and now look at it.

The original chronosphere is that big probably because of the fact that they parts that it is made of are spread out more for troubleshooting and ease of repair. Once they got the hang of building it they probably started making them smaller and smaller while increasing their efficiency.

Also keep in mind that the Chronosphere "superweapon" was designed to transport armies. The chronosphere on the tank is merely transporting one unit, so it doesn't have to be large if we are associating the idea that the bigger something is the more powerful it is.

But I feel that the exposure of the sphere is an important issue that needs to be addressed.

I think that having a homage to the original casing of the first chronosphere would be acceptable and possible at the time period that this is set. If you had a "damage state" for vehicles, you could expose the "sphere" after a certain percentage, while at full health the armor casing is present to protect it from those nasty back shooters.

So, in my opinion, the design only needs minor improvement. There is no real reason to make the chronosphere device stupid large.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, it's just the design. The round chronosphere looks more futuristic. It fits perfectly in the mid 60-70 allied retro-futuristic style.

Old RA1 chronosphere looked more like a experimental teleport device.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vefbl4 wrote:
Oh, it's just the design. The round chronosphere looks more futuristic. It fits perfectly in the mid 60-70 allied retro-futuristic style.

Old RA1 chronosphere looked more like a experimental teleport device.

I like that it looks experimental, that's the point. It's mystifying. It gives the impression that the allies have their limits like everyone else and must be resourceful and use hit and run tactics, theyre not some mighty-supreme-god-faction with endless resources.

The Ra2 chrono miner and legionnaire looked gay and cheesy, don't bring those back please.

Do you intend on bringing back the micromanaging gameplay aspect of the Ra1 chronotank, i.e recharge bar, select unit, deploy and select location?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'd like to. I like this stuff.

opoopo
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys.

I'm quite new on this site but i was looking at the progress of this project quite long. So any news? upcoming updates? or project is dead??

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

opoopo wrote:
Hi guys.

I'm quite new on this site but i was looking at the progress of this project quite long. So any news? upcoming updates? or project is dead??

Question: How did you find out about this project? Moddb?

opoopo
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.

I was searching for some good mod to TS:R and one day i found this forum:
http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1226&st=30&start=30
I was so amazed that someone make from TSR so epic game with so cool buildings and vehicles

Then project was moved to other one:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=lost+relic&t=14014
I was happy that project is still alive and its moving forward but on the end i saw its regrowing in other project.

And I was watching when it moves on the same forum but here:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/index.php?f=602

Cool that all buildings and vehicles are the same and history is changed even the name of project is the same but... i saw the last posts are from 2010 so i was curious is mod still alive and if not that would means all those years of waiting goes to nowhere.

Ofc I'm checking Moddb every single day to check if there is any updates but unfortunately nope.

thats the story ^^

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: engine Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to open dead topic, but this is a new engine for ra2/yuri?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By definition a new engine would not be for Yuri's Revenge. It would be a new engine. Hence the term "new engine".

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: engine Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, maybe i didn't word my question right....um.....well, will the rules be set up like RA2/yuri? easy to plug things in.....and if it is will there be a map editor? and have the ability to use all the modding tools we have.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poor guys. =( As I know Gangster is making a new engine. It's hard for me to keep up progressing in this direction.

Right now I am workingon some projects on IPhone. And probably you will see some my RTS projects on IPad.

And I hence they wount be lamer that the things I'w made here. Stay in touch. Wink

P.S it's strange no one still did not make a mod, or something, from my assets. =(

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [271 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon