Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Aircraft team
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject:  Aircraft team Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to create an aircraft team that will destroy the allied construction yard and I wrote in the team's script 3 actions: attack enemy building(construction yard), move to waypoint, and remove team. There are four harries in the team, three of them just moved to the waypoint and committed suicide and the last one attacked the construction yard and then moved to the waypoint and committed suicide. why the three others didn't attack the construction yard?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it might help if you post your code for script

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team code:
Code:
[01000025]
Max=5
Full=yes
Name=airstrike
Group=-1
House=Alliance
Script=01000026
Whiner=no
Droppod=no
Suicide=no
Loadable=no
Prebuild=no
Priority=5
Waypoint=A
Annoyance=no
IonImmune=no
Recruiter=no
Reinforce=no
TaskForce=01000024
TechLevel=0
Aggressive=no
Autocreate=yes
GuardSlower=no
OnTransOnly=no
AvoidThreats=yes
LooseRecruit=no
VeteranLevel=3
IsBaseDefense=no
UseTransportOrigin=no
MindControlDecision=0
OnlyTargetHouseEnemy=yes
TransportsReturnOnUnload=no
AreTeamMembersRecruitable=no

Taskforce code:
Code:
[01000024]
0=4,ORCA
Name=airstrike
Group=-1

Script code:
Code:
[01000026]
0=46,2
1=3,99
2=37,0
Name=airstrike

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you might need to toss in a line. I have seen it in the original AI.

47,n = Move To Enemy Structure, n = structure number (see note below)
Members of this TaskForce move and stay adjacent to the enemy structure specified by the second parameter.

or

53,0 = Gather (at enemy base)
This causes the TaskForce to gather together (sometimes used when members of the TaskForce move at different speeds and you want the faster ones to stop while the slower ones catch up) after the previous action has been executed. If the TaskForce is in an attack mission and moving towards an enemy base, this command is usually executed when the first member of the TaskForce reaches the distance from that base defined by the AISafeDistance= statement in RULES.INI - see the RULES.INI Guide.

then your attack line. just a thought. i never had an issues with my teams attacking when I had either line first then attack

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't work.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if planes can use waypoints. I'll copy your stuff and try it out in my aimd file and get back to you.

what if you removed line 1 and used

Quote:
11,n = Assign New Mission, n = new mission type
The objects in the TaskForce are all assigned the new mission defined by the second parameter. Not all of them work, some are made obsolete by other action commands, some do not work because an object in the TaskForce may not support that action. Because these are the same 'behaviours' to which objects can be assigned when initially placed on the map some apply only to structures. The following are valid settings for the second parameter, you should refer to the Mission Control section of the RULES.INI Guide for a more detailed explanation of the missions and how they work;-

0 Sleep object sits around and plays dead, will not acquire targets
1 Attack special attack mission used by AI team types (utilizes threat rating logic)
2 Move simply moving to destination
3 QMove special move to destination after other queued moves occur
4 Retreat object runs away (may even leave the map)
5 Guard object sits around and will engage an enemy that falls within its weapon range
6 Sticky just like guard mode, except the object will engage enemies but not pursue them
7 Enter enter building or transport
8 Capture engineer entry logic used by MultiEngineer
9 Eaten when object is being repaired (applies only to structures)
10 Harvest the loop controlling harvesting of Ore and dumping at a Refinery
11 Area Guard guard the general area where the object starts at
12 Return return to co-ordinating object (e.g. spawned object returns to the spawner)
13 Stop stop moving or firing at the first available opportunity
14 Ambush force fire (units with Infiltrate=yes will enter target if possible)
15 Hunt scan for and attack enemies wherever they may be on the map
16 Unload while dropping off cargo (e.g. Landing Craft unloading passengers)
17 Sabotage unit runs to place C4 on a building or Ivan goes to place bomb on object
18 Construction structures use this when building up after initial placement
19 Selling structures use this for deconstruction after being sold
20 Repair used when repairing an object (e.g. Service Depot)
21 Rescue special team over-ride mission
22 Missile Nuke Silo special launch missile mission
23 Harmless object doesn't fire and is not considered in any threat scan
24 Open while opening or closing a gate to allow passage
25 Patrol patrol a series of waypoints
26 Paradrop Approachobject is approaching the paradrop site
27 Paradrop Overfly object is flying over the paradrop site (i.e. dropping the paratroopers)
28 Wait paused and awaiting next mission
29 Move (special duplicate) used when Chrono units are moving to destination
30 Attack (special duplicate) used when units are deployed to fire (e.g. weapons with an area fire effect)
31 Spyplane Approachobject is flying towards target (YR)
32 Spyplane Overfly object is flying over the target (YR)

11,1 (or2)

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't work. Do you want me to send you my .map file?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, last time i remember i did an AI controlled Harrier attack, i let some airpads in map boundaries (where nobody can see) and then you make them spawn from wherever waypoint you want, then, order them to attack the CY (or the waypoint in like, the center of the CY) and after the attack, tell them to go back to the first waypoint you did for them, and THEM make them either dissapear or just let them dock in the airpad.

BUT, as it's been an long time, i don't actually recall exactly if it works as i said. XD

Notrd: The airpads are used, soo aircrafts that need one like the harrier don't suicide instantly.

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They go to the waypoint but then they don't attack the CY, they go to the airpad.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that's how you do it. Last time I checked, Harriers die unless they have an airpad. I don't know a thing about scripting, but try having the four of them on an airpad outside of the map, with a simple attack order on the construction yard.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that the reason they don't attack it's cause the waypoint isn't centered on the building.

Like:

####
####
####
####

That's the foundation of the conyard, you can see you place in final alert the CY with the cursor in one of the four-central blocks, the one that's facing you actually, try putting the waypoint exactly there, i think it will work...

Like:

####
####
##x#
####

---------(O) "O" = your vision angle in game and final alert.

PS: If that actually makes any sense to you. XD

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is is for a SPM or MP you are trying to do this for?

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter wrote:
I think that the reason they don't attack it's cause the waypoint isn't centered on the building.

Like:

####
####
####
####

That's the foundation of the conyard, you can see you place in final alert the CY with the cursor in one of the four-central blocks, the one that's facing you actually, try putting the waypoint exactly there, i think it will work...

Like:

####
####
##x#
####

---------(O) "O" = your vision angle in game and final alert.

PS: If that actually makes any sense to you. XD

It doesn't work, I tried to make them attack the waypoint and it works but they don't attack when the script is to attack the CY.
it's for a SPM.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I noticed is that I had to make all scripts at one time and put on the map. I made 10, tested the map and everything worked fine. I added 10 new scripts and the game ignored the new scripts.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly is this for? Is this the AI doing this? Does destroying the CY trigger other triggers? Does your AI have a pre-built base on the map? Just curious as to how you want this to work. Let me know and I can tell you how to make this work.

and you really should be using an aircraft with,

AirportBound=no
TechLevel=-1
Landable=no
Spawned=yes

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
and you really should be using an aircraft with,

AirportBound=no
TechLevel=-1
Landable=no
Spawned=yes

It doesn't work.
The AI doing this, destroying the CY doesn't trigger other triggers, the AI doesn't have a pre-built base on the map.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

never say never, and yes it does work. But one more thing. Is this event supposed to happen right away when game starts? or is there a delay for it?

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is supposed to happen after the timer expiration.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a map trigger right?

If so tell the teamtype to attack a waypoint

Its how the black eagle allies work in the YR allied Australia mission

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's a map trigger.
but if I don't know where the building is(the player will deploy it where he wants to) how can I order them to attack it?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

use this setup and it will work just fine. Just remember to replace my aircraft with one of yours. Also replace House=Venom with one of yours.

[01000002]
0=3,PROPBOMBER2
Name=const bombers
Group=-1

[01000003]
0=46,2
1=3,11
2=31,0
Name=Const Attack

[01000006]
Max=5
Tag=01000005
Full=no
Name=Prop Bomber Attack
Group=-1
House=Venom
Script=01000003
Whiner=no
Droppod=no
Suicide=no
Loadable=no
Prebuild=no
Priority=5
Waypoint=A
Annoyance=no
IonImmune=no
Recruiter=no
Reinforce=no
TaskForce=01000002
TechLevel=3
Aggressive=no
Autocreate=yes
GuardSlower=no
OnTransOnly=no
AvoidThreats=no
LooseRecruit=no
VeteranLevel=1
IsBaseDefense=no
UseTransportOrigin=no
MindControlDecision=0
OnlyTargetHouseEnemy=yes
TransportsReturnOnUnload=no
AreTeamMembersRecruitable=no

[Triggers]
01000004=Venom,<none>,PropBomber Attack Wave,0,1,1,1,0
01000007=Neutral,<none>,timer start,0,1,1,1,0

[Actions]
01000004=1,80,1,01000006,0,0,0,0,K
01000007=1,27,0,200,0,0,0,0,A

[Events]
01000004=1,14,0,406
01000007=1,13,0,0

[ScriptTypes]
0=01000003

[Tags]
01000005=0,PropBomber Attack Wave 1,01000004
01000008=0,timer start 1,01000007

[TaskForces]
0=01000002

[TeamTypes]
0=01000006

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't work

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, works just fine for me. The timer ends, fighters come, kill conyard, fly to waypoint off screen and self destruct.

You may have to redo it via FA2. Mines using waypoints 10 and 11 which are most likely different than yours, which is why it probably dosent work for you. Waypoint 10 is where they spawn from, while waypoint 11 is where they fly to and self destruct after killing conyard.

(note) both waypoint are located off screen.

MiniGunner
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my map.

all01umd.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  all01umd.rar
 Filesize:  6.84 KB
 Downloaded:  215 Time(s)

banderi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You deleted vital triggers to post it and the map crashes; plus, the planes just don't appear on the map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon