Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Nod infantry names
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Should Nod infantry have religious names?
Yes (Acolyte, Zealot, Confessor, etc)
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
No (Light infantry, Rocket Infantry, Stealth Trooper, etc)
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject:  Nod infantry names Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To differentiate Nod more from GDI I am thinking of giving Nod infantry more religious names, rather than simply being called light infantry or rocket infantry. Below are some idea I came up with. Are there any other more suitable religious themed names? Right now I have:

Light infantry = Acolyte
Rocket Infantry = Zealot
Stealth Trooper = Elite Cadre (though this is not religious is it?)
Confessor

Unchanged:
Engineer
Cyborg
Cyborg Commando

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer the first names yea, but it might be confusing for players who are not familiar with the names. Other names that you could have though while we are on it.

-Believer
-Witness
-Follower
-Disciples
-Exarch (would be a high ranking unit)
-Apostle
-Neophyte
-Techpriest (Engineer?)
-Inquisitor
-Faithful

Or you could go in another direction

-Heretic

Just a few that I could think of.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Based on your suggestions I now have:

Disciple (Light infantry)
Zealot (Rocket infantry)
Tech Priest (Engineer). I know, I know, they are from Warhammer 40k...
Elite Cadre (Stealth Trooper)
Confessor

Cyborg and Cyborg Commando remain unchanged. Not sure a religious name would work for them since they are mutants who have been turned into war-machines, not genuine Nod supporters.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyborgs could be called chosen or something? Some cyborgs I believe are voluntary servants such as the cyborg commando, so maybe a name such as Chosen or something for the Commando would be appropriate.

What about GDI? Light Infantry is kinda boring, perhaps something like Peacekeeper?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Death Cultist wrote:
Cyborgs could be called chosen or something? Some cyborgs I believe are voluntary servants such as the cyborg commando, so maybe a name such as Chosen or something for the Commando would be appropriate.

What about GDI? Light Infantry is kinda boring, perhaps something like Peacekeeper?

Light Infantry does make more sense now though, since GDI also have Heavy Infantry.

Kane's Wrath calls its cyborgs Awakened and Enlightened. Though I feel if the cyborg infantry names were changed, then it would make sense to change Cyborg Reaper and Annihilator names too, and then tick tank, artillery, etc, which would be too much of religious names. Cyborgs are close to being vehicles / war-machines, so I think it would be ok to call them just Cyborgs, and this way they stay in line with their vehicle counterparts, Cyborg Reaper and Cyborg Annihilator. Bit like GDI has the different Orca types, Orca Fighter, Orca Bomber, Orca Transport.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Engineer should stay as Engineer, or Saboteur. Same goes for Cyborgs and other special units (although I have nothing against names like Cyborg Templar).

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have mine as (in my TS private mod) :

Light Infantry = Retainer
Rocket Infantry = Preserver
Engineer = Reclaimer
Elite Cadre = Templar

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about Artisan or something for the engineer?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machinist?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New thoughts:

Light Infantry - Acolyte, Retainer, Initiate, Warrior, Disciple, Zealot

Rocket Infantry - Zealot, Preserver, Reaper, Devout (Could be some of the Light Infantry names)

Engineer - Reclaimer, Artisan, Architect, Preserver, Mason

Stealth Trooper - Vindicator, Exarch, Templar, Reaper

Some Cyborg Thoughts:

Cyborg/Cyborg Reaper/Cyborg Annihilator - Ascendant, Enlightened, Redeemed, Purified

Cyborg Commando - Redeemer, Purifier

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated:

Disciple = Light infantry
Zealot = Rocket infantry
Machinist = Engineer
Templar = Stealth Trooper
Confessor
Cyborg
Cyborg Commando

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Templar makes me think of a heavy armed soldier. How 'bout Acolyte for this one?

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked Architect and Zealot is cool too. I'm not a big fan of Templar either.

Stealth Trooper=Shade Phantom, Revenant, Shadow Walker, Specter or Wraith.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Quote:

Templar makes me think of a heavy armed soldier. How 'bout Acolyte for this one?

The Stealth Trooper is actually pretty well armored (Strength=200, Armor=light) and has a powerful laser rifle. They are also slowish (Speed=4). So they are more combat oriented than their name would give away. Also their armor kinda resembles that of real templars:

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm I was thinking for nod, maybe Sapper for the engineer?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about Mechanist for Nod engineer? It has a religious tone to it. If anyone is familiar with the Thief series on PC they might notice I took it from there Wink

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon