Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 3: Upheaval
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject:  Red Alert 3: Upheaval Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After weeks of work and a lot frustration about non-functioning code the work on Red Alert 3: Upheaval has been finished now.

All eleven buildable Uprising units are now available in Red Alert 3 and work as close as possible to the way they did in Uprising. Also the AI uses the new units! An overview of all contained units is here:

Allies
- Cryo Legionnaire
- Future Tank X-1
- Harbinger Gunship
- Pacifier FAV

Japan
- Archer Maiden
- Giga-Fortress
- Steel Ronin

Soviet
- Desolator
- Grinder
- Mortar Cycle
- Reaper

You can get the download source code and some other pictures of the mod on its ModDB profile.
Keep in mind that you need my Red Alert 3 Mod SDK Extra Files to be able to compile the source code.
Also it would be nice if you credit me when using assets or code pieces of the source code.

I don't guarantee that this mod is free of bugs because there is much Uprising code not working in Red Alert 3. If you find one, please report to me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy and have a lot of fun.

Happy modding
Bibber

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.05 is live now and just brings some graphical improvements some users requested. No bugs were reported since version 1.04.
I didn't replace Yuriko's effects with the ones from Uprising. I added them to the existing original ones and I think it looks quite nice. Also the Allied Health Tent effect from Uprising has been added.

But the major change is that I reduced the download size of the compiled mod from 187 MB to 118 MB by using XAS compression for the wav audio files.

Maybe the next step is adding the Uprising skirmish maps. I will take a look at it.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ni *elongated "I"/stuttering sound* ce OR GREAT! GREAT WORKS TOO!

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With some complications I managed to get the Uprising maps working in Red Alert 3. This update comes up with 41 new maps including the 13 bonus maps of Red Alert 3 and the 28 remaining Uprising maps. A full list of all maps is available here.

Also I fixed a bug that Giles, Naomi and Zhana didn't build war factories and another one that the Allied health tent was invisible after loading a savegame.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work! i play your mod with my friend already, it working well and very fun XD. thankyou for this mod.

about UR Map personaly i hate trigger on map in that game. = =

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 months after the last update it's time for a new (hopefully final) version of the mod. 1.09 just brings some minor changes and fixes like the following:
  • Giga-Fortress' laser now comes out of its mouth instead from the chin.
  • Desolator's secondary weapon has now a firing animation.
  • Cryo Legionnaire and Tesla Trooper are now immune to the Desolator's death spray as in Uprising.
  • Secret protocols have been rearranged as in Uprising.
  • The 13 bonus maps have been removed because they are all downloadable in the web and some people have them already installed. This is to avoid having maps twice.
Thanks to The Worms and PsionicAssassin for reporting. Check out the ModDB profile!

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I see the mod as "finished" I had the plan to make a language pack for the people out there in Germany. So, here it is.

In order to make the language pack working I had to change some things on the manifest file of the mod. That's why it is version 1.10. There are no ingame changes compared to version 1.09.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work with the mod, nice work indeed.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is time! ModDB searches the Mod Of The Year 2010!
It would be very nice if you vote for RA3: Upheaval, too. Smile

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Request to Insert the Allied Tank Destroyer in RA3 Upheaval Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No CoolSon,it should be the other way around,you can add your code to the source code of Bibber and make your mod from it,unless the source code would have been removed.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cantdrawbutmod is right. And the reason is simple. I can't and I don't want to fulfill everyone's wishes. That's why I released the source code, so everyone can create his own mod based on Upheaval.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.14 is out now. The following changes have been made:
- fixed health of civilian structures
- fixed targeting issues of the Pacifier FAV
- fixed Grinder Treads upgrade for the Grinder
- fixed Attack Dog and War Bear that they are not able to attack Cryo Legionnaire and Desolator now
- fixed all the Reaper issues

Thanks to PsionicAssassin for finding some of the bugs and Golan and Lauren for helping me with the Pacifier targeting stuff.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably a stupid question, but will I need to dig out my RA3, clean the dust off of it and reinstall it to play Uprising? Or is it a stand alone?

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uprising (the official addon) is standalone and SP only.
Upheaval is a mod like any other. No standalone, requires RA3 v1.12, but MP, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum