Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Halflife or halo
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next

halo or halflife?
Halo(right answer)
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Halflife(wrong answer)
64%
 64%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 37

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject:  Halflife or halo Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can o wors again

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never played Halo.

I do like Half-life, but you really need to have played both to know for sure.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
-Apocalypse-
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half-Life is definitely superior, because it is much older and much more revolutionary than Halo. I must also admit that I did not really like Halo because there is less problem solving than HL and more slaughtering of legions of weak enemies, especially in the end of the game.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and you cant beat the twis in halflife or the intro.
but halo has the jeeps that are good in multiplayer. i cant make up my mind
nooooooo
*sob*

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

halos multiplayer is far superior and you get nice friendly marines to help you out(or kill at your leasure) vheircles are always fun graphics are better.and if you like anoying sarcastic computer women then halo is the obvious choice

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course the graphics are better! Halo is a newer game!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And needs more resources...

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u mean system requirements.........i dont acyualy have the pc version of halo

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo only wins of GFX, but Graphics don' make a game, as long as the gfx is at least Q2 quality then the graphics are fine to play with.

Multiplayer HL wins by far, HL's own multiplayer can b ok but there is loads of mods out there, also there is bots, so some servers can have nice bots to help u out. HL's community has produced alot of mods and contence, the result is that you get a HELL of a long playtime, after compleating the game there is loads of mods u can play, both offline and online.

HL's overall playability/fun level is WAY higher than halo. Halo single is one of the worst ever (only played the demo but that was enough to put me off the game), multi is ok, but too repetative, there is no fun in it, its just carnage, which repeates over n over. Unlike some HL mods, like Natural Selection, where u can get different games depending on who u play with, different strategys, u even feel like ur part of the team.

So as i said at the begining, Halo wins on GFX, but HL owns it on everything else.

Note:

When making polls its best to not vote ur self and to not put right or wrong answer, the reason for this is you get a better picture, you also arn't asking yourself, ur asking others, so voting urself distorts the votes.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:
u mean system requirements.........i dont acyualy have the pc version of halo

No, he means resources. The game has higher system requirements, because it was designed to need more resources.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have program A and program B, they both work on a P10 1MB ram (yes this is a finctional crap pc), but program B needs more resources to run than program A, the specs(on the box) are identical, yet B still needs more.

Specs/System Requirments are a guidline, they are a rough estimate, you can actualy run programs on a pc that has a lower spec than the minimum requirements than the program is ment to need.

Last edited by stucuk on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
but program B needs more resources to run than program B

Confused

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
You have program A and program B, they both work on a P10 1MB ram (yes this is a finctional crap pc), but program B needs more resources to run than program A, the specs(on the box) are identical, yet B still needs more.

Specs/System Requirments are a guidline, they are a rough estimate, you can actualy run programs on a pc that has a lower spec than the minimum requirements than the program is ment to need.

yeah, but it runs really slow...ly....

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WP wrote:
Quote:
but program B needs more resources to run than program B

Confused

Fixed

darkness
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to kill aliens...play Natural Selection...
lol, not quite, but i havent played halo as of yet anyways...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya HL has more problem solving, but I would think playing library in halo on legendary brings lots of problems to solve, like howto kill a hundred incoming flood battle forms with 200 assault rifle shots, and only 16 shots in your shot gun, along with only having plasma gernades. Also add a really bad player that has a tendincy to shoot you in the back more often than hitting the enemy.

I loved halo, I love the story, graphics are great, weapons are good, the melee attack is nice to have, AI was amazing IMO, and all of the various things the grunts will say are hilarious. Add on top the incredibly sarcastic Cortana make the game amazing. Very Happy

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hatd the library 1st time round coz at the end of the previous level i had stayed in the swapm to help the marines fight the flood. bad idea only i survived

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

horay for helfire. halo is better note:realistic yet brilliant weapons also there are no bad weapons unlike halflife, two types of aliens even 3 sometimes fighting eachother going all out with tanks and rocket launchers and guns and bombs and with their bare hands, the brilliant way blood splatters bodies fly grunts scream before you explode them, the limb destruction of flood armless corpses following you around,the way you jump eight feet into the air over a hulking armourd monstrosity with a huge gun and a bad temper and efortlessly put a single cap in its weakspot and its orange blood sprays alover the white crisp snow.
or een the way you drive like a lunatic along the stricken ships dorsal structure in a warthog with a all out war between the flood the covernant and the sentinels going on around you yet you drive on as there is only 12 seconds to spare before he ships fusion reactor destroys the very object that could whipe all sentient life in the galaxy out and you the last of your kind berd for combat built for the noble spartan2 the last real hope for earth.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are idiots all of u! halo is the best FPS game in the world! it will fall dominent over all the FPS's (specialy wen 2 comes out(9th nov))

MUHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Mad #Mad halo> #Sniper Smile <fps's

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must say though Half Life 2 is gonna be just as amazing, if not better.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

compares screenies of halo2 and halflife 2...hmmmmmm halo all the way

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I choose the wrong answer, Half Life, since from both games, it was the only one i played #Tongue... and I liked (although I didnt like it very much, but it's fun to play some counter strike).

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Mechwarrior94
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, sirious? compairing these two like simular games? whahahaha, never. Although each has it's atvantages:

Halo:
+ Player can enter cars and other vehicles
+ The vehicles are sized to the figures in the world
+ V-Large maps
- Reload of weapons is lame
- The player can not carry enough ammo
- The HUD is not good at all, player gets easily confused
- Sometimes there are to many monsters attacking the player

Half-Life:
+ Mods are popping up everywhere, so it isn't boring.
+ 3 Official expantions
+ Weapons are pretty cool
+ The SP-maps are following each other nicely
- Grafix are not of this time, they need a good update (mahbe a new patch which does this also)
- Player doesn't have much choice of his route (to many doors are sealed)

What I personnaly mis in both games:
-> No jetpack (this isn't really a needed thing, but it would be nice to have one in a new expantion)
-> No areal attacks (I love to see more areal attacks, and a bit more agressive ones)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is halo moddable like half life? thats one of hl's main advantages over it i think

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechwarrior94 wrote:

Halo:
- Reload of weapons is lame
- The player can not carry enough ammo
- The HUD is not good at all, player gets easily confused
- Sometimes there are to many monsters attacking the player

The reload of weapons is not lame, it's realistic.
The player is not meant to be able to carry enough ammo, hence the melee ability. Its meant to be challenging, if you want to play something easy, buy a gamecube.
The HUD is the simplest thing ever, you have your ammo in one corner, your health in the other, what's complicated about that?

Halo, is moddable, its possible to reskin everything in the game. And i believe there's a map tool in development. I tthink it's possible to change elements of the game too, but having never tried i can't say for sure.

Mechwarrior94
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't see any mods for Halo so far, but I don't like the game either.
And I just gave my oppinion, nothing wrong with that Very Happy

So far I know, HL got the best mods ever created for a 3D game.
But I don't play many other games in this catagory, so correct me if i'm wrong.

The mods I like:

- Azure Sheep (HL, SP mod)
- Case Closed (HL, SP mod)
- Point of view (HL, SP mod) I recommend this one! Play as an alien!
- Deliverance (HL, SP mod)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can be an alien on PS2 version the codes hidden in the game somewhere.Its:
up/triangle/up/triangle/up/triangle/up/triangle at the password screen
just incase anyone has the ps2 version and wanted to check Wink

Morpheas_modder
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Apocalypse- wrote:
Half-Life is definitely superior, because it is much older and much more revolutionary than Halo. I must also admit that I did not really like Halo because there is less problem solving than HL and more slaughtering of legions of weak enemies, especially in the end of the game.
man your missing out on tons o fun halo is the best game on the planet.

PS
Breianna is my girl

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol
"player cant carry enough ammo" ever heard of shot placement?
"too many mpnsters attacking the player" too many? whats that?
"player gets easily confused" if they are stupid
"Reaload of weapons is lame" what are you on about?

on another note

"Half-Life is definitely superior, because it is much older and much more revolutionary than Halo. I must also admit that I did not really like Halo because there is less problem solving than HL and more slaughtering of legions of weak enemies, especially in the end of the game."

halo has revolutionar graphics and pyssics it also was the first fps to succesfully employ vehicular units without stupid amounts of bugs. it is also highly free roaming so you have a choice of direction. and problem solving flood room one door only a pistol and a frag.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
"too many mpnsters attacking the player" too many? whats that?

dam right! no boring times in this game Very Happy

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:
halo ... was the first fps to succesfully employ vehicular units without stupid amounts of bugs.

What about C&C Renegade? It has vehicles and I don't remember bugs in regard to them. It came out before Halo, right?

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah sorry about that well not many others do without making them a linear part of the storyline. and very few fpses prior to halo have vhercles in multiplayer.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its half-life even though ppl dont talk about it much half life is better then halo but they seem the same

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG!!! this topic shouldn't have even been made you should all know that Half-Life is bloody better than Halo!
It was the best FPS ever created by the best company Valve i still play it with beautiful mods created by people Smile i also play Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat and Team Fortress Classic these are multiplayer mods

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo 4 Ever Exclamation  Exclamation  Twisted Evil

A Newsflash By J4m3sb0nd:
Quote:

if VW and Sevleys mix with DvD & Me they will become huge big flying brains with gooey tentacles & spawn headcrabs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The creator of this poll is clearly a noob. Ofcourse Halo is bound to have better graphics when its like 5 years newer.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never played Halo, so I choose HL. For a 1998 game, it's gfx are great (except for the water).

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo has so many things wrong with it I won't even begin to start. Half Life had a better story, better enviroments, and revolutionary gameplay. Halo can't even touch that.

BUT I KNOW HOW TO SETTLE THIS.

Okay. Whichever game has the best mod w-OH WAIT. Halo? Modding? HAHAHAHAHA.

Half Life (1) - Halo (-4)

Oh, and
Quote:

compares screenies of halo2 and halflife 2...hmmmmmm halo all the way

BECAUSE GRAPHICS MAKE A GAME. Hmm, last time I checked, you don't play graphics. You play the game. Plus, in Halo, everything looks like it's wrapped in plastic.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, HL2's gfx are WAY beyond halo 2's. Especially physics, which are fun to play with. Regardless.. HL2 could have been a lot less boring.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

HL2's story, simplified.

Go to Lab A, go to Lab B, go through Zombie-infested Village A, go to combine-infestd Jail A, go to back to Lab A, take over Point C, go into Big Tower A, escape from bad guys in Tower A, escape from bad guys in Tower A again, and kill Person C.

"Banned" RP here

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Way too simple, Halo Pwns HL(2) a 100 times Exclamation

Quote:

if VW and Sevleys mix with DvD & Me they will become huge big flying brains with gooey tentacles & spawn headcrabs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

General<|>Dv wrote:

Try again, using your brain this time.

WATCH THIS

Halo Story

OMG ALEINS GET OFF YOUR EXPLODING THINGY BEFORE IT EXPLODES OH NO MORE EXPLOSIONS FOLLOWED BY SOME BORING URBAN COMBAT OH NO NOW WERE SOMEONE ELSE OH NOW WE'RE ON ANOTHER HALO. *GASP* LETS GO KILL SPACE POPES AND NOW MORE FLOOD OH NO THE ALIENS HATE EACH OTHER FLOOD OWN ALIENS TO BE CONTINUED.

Halo story in simple terms, albeit caps. Sorry, but my brain just had to shout all the stupid. It's like a mental enima.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Halo storyline's somewhat better than HL2.

They're actually two quite similar games. Both follow Humans blowing aliens WELL past Hell and saving all of humanity.

Different time periods, HL's a bit more realistic, yes, but same general things.

"Banned" RP here

Dean
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Redfox McBeth wrote:
General<|>Dv wrote:

OMG ALEINS GET OFF YOUR EXPLODING THINGY BEFORE IT EXPLODES OH NO MORE EXPLOSIONS FOLLOWED BY SOME BORING URBAN COMBAT OH NO NOW WERE SOMEONE ELSE OH NOW WE'RE ON ANOTHER HALO. *GASP* LETS GO KILL SPACE POPES AND NOW MORE FLOOD OH NO THE ALIENS HATE EACH OTHER FLOOD OWN ALIENS TO BE CONTINUED.

And you say:

Redfox McBeth wrote:
Try again, using your brain this time

OMG Laughing  Laughing

Quote:

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did use my brain. IN a holding down shift and trying not to scream at the monitor way of using my brain. Erm, yeah. Sure.

Adams: True. It depends on prefrence, really. I find the whole Post Apocoliptic story quite fun, and Halo goes with an impending destruction kind of storyline.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Mechanical
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo-Half-Life is immensely grewater than Halo.  I think that Halo only became popular because it was one of the first decent games for the Xbox, when it was really just a display of graphics.  Half life was far better in the regard that you had to have problem-solving ability to play it, and Half-life 2 introduced the physics device as a weapon.  halo is just an overrated, average FPS.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
lol, HL2's gfx are WAY beyond halo 2's. Especially physics, which are fun to play with. Regardless.. HL2 could have been a lot less boring.
HL2 uses Havok physics engine also found in Unreal Tournament, etc.
Halo's story maybe is cool, but I like HL2's story, although it's short and simple.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UT uses Karma Ragdoll. Way more simple than Havoc. I don't think Havoc has been surpassed yet. Although, there's F.E.A.R.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which UT? I had one of them and it was written somewhere in the menus that it uses the Havok physics engine.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F.E.A.R. is one of the buggiest games ever made, well the demo is at least. God knows how many people had sound problems because they couldnt be arsed to use a decent audio codec, which resulted in people unable to hear, but also unable to play the game simple because yhe game skipped audio, and actions happened before they were supposed too. IE. people being pushed out of the car before they was supposed to and there for trapping them in the behind the dumpster and car.

Now i dont know about others, or the people who did actualy remove all third party codecs, but i am not willing to remove my codecs so i am unable to watch my large libary of movies and RV shows, just so i can play a buggy demo. People went so far as formatting in order to play the game, and still had no luck. You would think if a company beta tests a game they would collect details from a wide range of computers starying at high specs and ending at low specs so people could actualy try the game. This experience has put me and hundreds of others off this original and interesting looking game. They would be lucky is i decided to *borrow*  the retail version  off a firend and attempted to play.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum