Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
SDKH's PPM C&C Modeling Contest
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [295 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The turret's very small.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you expect from unmanned turret?
I thought there is enough space for loader, shells, wires,...

Driver is in the front, the rest is in the back (however there can be place for 1-3 men in the front). Only small hatchway connects these two parts which are both separated from turret..

wip16b.jpg
 Description:
green are planned parts, red means turret outline
 Filesize:  27.31 KB
 Viewed:  6548 Time(s)

wip16b.jpg

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shape is just perfect Wink

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sooooooo, where's LKO's model?

suraj_geddam98
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PM LKO.

Tutorials rock!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on it, but i was very busy, so there is still not much to show and i'm unsure if i can finish it till Monday. But i hope so.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, my model itself is 98% done however I also don't know if I will make it till Monday 18:00 GMT with texture.

EDIT: next step is texturing
I couldn't help myself, so there is last wip - model without texture.

wip17.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.55 KB
 Viewed:  6477 Time(s)

wip17.jpg

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That thing is a ztyping beast.

suraj_geddam98
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have detected an unknown extra large super heavy uber cool tank that is rolling towards us!!! Send reinforcements!!!!

Tutorials rock!

Last edited by suraj_geddam98 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kudos for that tank, PaulZy.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha, that looks win, great job Paul.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since we only have one finished entry and it looks like PaulZy might not finish, making it a one man comp. I'm extending the deadline one week to the 21st.

Great work by the way PaulZy

Last edited by SDKH on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extended again? are you kidding me? Well, remove my entry then.

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why is there only 1 entry, I thought for sur I put mine in?

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its just a week, and that's so it's not just your entry.
there's no point in a comp with just one entry or it's just not a comp. But if you really want your entry removed I won't stop you.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you extended the bloody deadline for so long, I've been waiting for this to be over with for ages now.

I don't see why it's so hard for people to model something after this long. I could have done numerous models in this period, and yet there isn't a single entry done besides mine and Crevio's.

Extend the bloody deadline, heck, give LKO 3 more months while you're at it.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fine, I really cant be arsed with this anymore deadline remains the 28th.

Everyone said we needed a comp but no one was willing to step up and host one, so I did. sorry but if you cant finish by tomorrow tough shit.

Really, you try and give the community what they want, but no ones ever happy.

So ztyping, what ever.

Last edited by SDKH on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, life just gets in the way of modding...it always does Sad

And most of the time when the exciting shit starts to happen Sad

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

agreed.
i thought i would have some free time after the 10th september, but it got even worse.

But i can understand Joshy and i'm fine with 21st being the final deadline, even if my submission might be unfinish.

Public SHPs

Tools

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy finished his model,
crevio had here his model, too,
same vefbl4 (and I wonder how his model ended).

So if I am right: there are 5 participating models now.

I'll make what I can till original deadline,
I would lie if I said I wouldn't be happy with some extra time, however school starts on Tuesday + I need to make some necessary things.

So the 21st September is OK to me.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:
Extended again? are you kidding me? Well, remove my entry then.

Overreacting much, Joshy?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eff it. I'm back in. who's ever still doing this. you're on! Twisted Evil

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's my submission.
This is the best i was able to finish, as i had only the weekend some free time.

Beauty shot.

Presentation shot.

size comparison with the mammoth

Construction shot.
the first step defining the size and general shape

next step refining the shape.

final step texturing (wireframe preview)

Texture sheet.
due to lack of time i used only 2 textures (the eyes use a simple red color)

Concept sheet.
The concept i used. (based on the Reaper of the game Dark Reign)

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, he's awesome! Very Happy

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder what will happen with this... #Tongue

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO: nice Wink

I haven't fixed lighting on main part of texture, but I was nearly out of time when I took last shots.
Beauty shot

Presentation shot

Construction shot
wireframe

well, ВОДКА flasks don't have texture, too little time, sorry

Textures - don't contain all parts, just those main
track tile texture

travelling wheel texture

treads themselves

hull

Concept

That's all folks! Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work partyzanPaulZy!
You obviously put a lot of work into it. The detail is awesome.
Just one more week and it would be perfect (e.g. rivets on the angular track hull in the front)

The proportions are a bit strange on some parts, but other than that it's a very cool model. (e.g. imo too big rear lights and boxes on the rear tracks)

btw, what's the name of this beast?

0warfighter0 wrote:
I wonder what will happen with this... #Tongue

it will be finished, then the necessary parts ordered on ebay. Finally i'll build an army of them and take over the world. Twisted Evil
No serious, it will be of course added to TI and replace one of the vanilla or conversion SHPs.

Public SHPs

Tools

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I call it Bogatyr Tank (Mammoth class tank) - MT-112.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The textures not great but it does look really awesome in that beauty shot.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye. well, things happened I expected to have this in sooner. :p

Thanks SDKH, despite this contest ran into similiar issues that plagued others before...Embarassed

Anyways my belated entry.

Praetorian Ant.
During the giant ant infestation it was reported specialized variants of the warrior ant, where found within the inner sanctums of the ant colonies and near fledgling colonies. It is speculated by their concentrated numbers near any queen and other royalty, they serve as elite guardians and task masters. Their role appears to be an agent of control, commanding the will of the royalty to the numerous swarm and that of a highly specialized form of support. Any lower caste worker within proximity of a praetorian will heed its call and guard it as if it where the queen itself. Leading that nest expansions of great significance will be guarded with a good number of praetorian guards.While also they have been seen engaging in incursions runs, fulfilling the role of "shock trooper" as well. This is believe to be their psychological functioning is heighten as during maturation, while the younger serve more of a combat role, such as "shock troopers".

If threatened the praetorian will whip any nearby subordinates into action utilizing their specialized pair of antennae as an electric whip, further aggravating a swarm into a ferocious frenzy. While alone they are highly aggressive capable of high voltage bursts of electricity, armor crushing set of jaws and what few claim to be limited forms of telekinesis and rumors of mind control.

Beauty Shot:

Presentation:

Construction

Textures
None, I am omitting as I used a simple bump with just a simple color shader .
Concept/Inspiration.

Process
Modeled and textured in ZBrush via Zspheres. (textures omitted due to quality ctrl)
Post rendering in 3ds Max and composting in PS

When I started out this contest, I had no idea. I really was pumped and I had this idea of modeling a human character. I didn't want to do a soldier. At first I was thinking of the RA1 Tanya how she was really a civilian resistance fighter. Then I though of technicians to those crazyly armed civilians. There where a lot of unexplored opportunities I felt. From Nuclear tesla monkeys..to a crate tank. Imagine a light tank but smaller and kinda made out of wood.

I wasn't sure. I had left for a week on a trip and since then I been sketching what to do, while I didn't settle on anything, nothing pulled me in or really everything did. Later as I posted my inability to keep up, yet the RA1 crate was a symbol.. I hated admitting it though.

And watching another comp, slowly fizzle, I just got a spark. after much practice with ZBrush modeling abilities. This sped up my production indefinitely. While I'm still getting the hang of it, I felt confident I can create something in what was the last day of the comp.

I started thinking what I could do, while my original ideas where too unwieldy to produce in such a short amount of time.. I recalled the giant ant missions and on the RA1 skirmish map Island wars eXtreme featured a rare blue ant...I took that and sorta fleshed out a back story to and quickly began modeling right as I posted my comment..I was shooting to post later that evening but I was unhappy with the texturing and had to hold of production to figure out what I could do. instead of the more detailed/realistic approach I opted out for a simpler scheme, keeping in flavor with the RA1 ant sprite.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha, that is so Ickus.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's cute ickus #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's at the same time a strange, funny and beautiful model Ickus.
Too bad that due to the fine parts it can't be SHPed and added to TI Sad

Public SHPs

Tools

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't matter LKO.

Maybe it'll look good in a Sage-engine game Wink

People, great work here. It makes me happy to see so many work.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
That's at the same time a strange, funny and beautiful model Ickus.
Too bad that due to the fine parts it can't be SHPed and added to TI Sad

giant antz are giant #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Haha, that is so Ickus.

Exactly my thoughts xD

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus, that is the most beautiful ant I've ever seen.
It really should stop drinking that reactor coolant.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK comp officially finished, well done to those who finished.

A few more entries than what I expected so that's good. Unfortunately since I thought that we'd only have a couple of entries I told our third judge not to bother, so right now it's me and machine. I think the two of us is enough however 3 would be better so if a respected member of the community with a bit of 3D know how wants to be our third judge just PM me in the next day or so and we'll get things sorted.

I'll set up a public poll for a week to get a fan favorite, and once that closes I'll try to get the final results to y'all ASAP.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whens the due date? I'm in if theres time Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
OK comp officially finished, well done to those who finished.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bro, the contest was over two years ago..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wat

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:

lol, then whys it on the front page still as currently running contest #Tongue
Come back after awhile absense and get caught by an old link

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
daTS wrote:

lol, then whys it on the front page still as currently running contest #Tongue
Come back after awhile absense and get caught by an old link

That is PPM not updating the front page. Hell, it also has spotlighted maps which are several years old #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [295 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon