Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Events + Repairing + Production begins
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject:  Events + Repairing + Production begins Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Events:

Could someone tell me again why it isn't possible to use parallel Events in a single trigger? I have tried it myself, for example:

Owner = Player
Event 0 - Building Exists... Allied Ore Refinery
Event 1 - Building Exists... Allied Barracks

Its just an example, it has no reason but to give you an idea how it is supposed to work.

What my problem is, is that if you have 1 of those 2 structures on the map, the Event already triggers/fires the action, whats the use of an extra Event while there is no possible use?

Repairing

Well, sometimes you have a structure pre-existing on the map with AI Repairs set to 1, if you create base node 'under' it, the AI will rebuild it. The problem seems to be that once you destroyed the building and the AI rebuilds it, it won't repair it anymore.
Same goes for an existing building on the map, with AI Repairs on it, and then you create base node which deletes the structure (most used for bases who still need to be build). Once the AI builds it, it won't repair that structure, though the MCV who is deployed (I'd suggest it is the same thing, deploying of a structure and MCV) does repair itself.

Production begins...

Lets say you have a structure who needs to be build after a specific time, the ConYard and the other necessary structures are already on the map. Now, we are going to build a Nuke Silo, the ConYard and Battle Lab are already outside the map border (not visible, but there). We create a base node for the Silo. We create a trigger telling the house who builds the Silo to start its production (Action 3: Production Begins...). Lets say we put the event to nr 13: Epsaled time... 100. You would think the AI will start building after that 100 seconds. It doesn't. If you give it enough money it will build the Silo from the moment you start the mission.

Create Building at...

A Yuri's Revenge only Action (nr. 125). This Action gives the owner of the trigger a specified structure at a specified waypoint, its working great except for the part of the buildup animations. It appears that once the Action fires, you will see the structure itself already there and the buildup animation is played through the structure.

Could an experienced mapper or someone else who knows this stuff tell me what I am doing wrong and/or how it can be fixed?
I think many Single-Player mappers who don't know it could be really helped with this.

Thanks in advance

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know, trigger events should work in such way that all of the conditions must be met before the trigger fires. Ì don't know why it won't work for you then, I suggest you double check that everything, such as building ID's and required numbers on the event are correctly set up.

It would be logical to assume that 'AI Repairs', as well as any other object flags do not carry over to any recreated instances of said object type, as they're not really the exact same unit/building. I am not entirely sure what your MCV thing is all about. I suggest you clarify that one a bit.

AI does not explicitly need those production actions to be triggered in order to build the node structures.

As for the last point, unfortunately that's how the game works with this action and as far as I know, no actual workaround exists for that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Comr4de
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
As far as I know, trigger events should work in such way that all of the conditions must be met before the trigger fires. Ì don't know why it won't work for you then, I suggest you double check that everything, such as building ID's and required numbers on the event are correctly set up.

It would be logical to assume that 'AI Repairs', as well as any other object flags do not carry over to any recreated instances of said object type, as they're not really the exact same unit/building. I am not entirely sure what your MCV thing is all about. I suggest you clarify that one a bit.

AI does not explicitly need those production actions to be triggered in order to build the node structures.

As for the last point, unfortunately that's how the game works with this action and as far as I know, no actual workaround exists for that.

1. Lets say, you have:

Event 0:Epsaled (?) Time... Value: 10 (so it waits 10 seconds)
Event 1:Power Full (whether the player has power or not)

It is either one of those two things which makes the Event fire an Action

2. If an engineer captures an unsellable structure, or a unit deploys into a repairable structure (so not the Slave Miner) it will automatically repair it. I dont care about existing-non-sellable structures, I care about the units who deploy into a structure, like the MCV. The MCV deploys into a Construction Yard. That Yard is being repaired by the AI. Why does it repair those type of structures (the ones who need to be deployed via vehicle) and not the standard buildings

3. So what you are saying is that as soon as I start a mission and there are several base nodes there, with an existing ConYard, it will build those structures. Why did they use it in RA2 Confused

4. Shame

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you use more than one event, it only needs one to satisfy the trigger, And I believe which ever action you have for the second entry, the second event will use that. It's kinda like giving the game an alternative outcome. Atleast this is how it works for me anyway.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not all event combinations act in such a fashion or much of the single player stuff wouldn't work right. For example having multiple set local events, all must be satisfied for the trigger to fire IIRC or a timer an a set local event. Also, all actions are fired when the trigger conditions are met, they don't marry up to specific events, I'm quite puzzled as to how you reached that conclusion.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh, Thats how I thought I remebered it working. Been awhile since I've dove into triggers to that extent. My bad.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Andrei55
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Events Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding your events problem, the only possible way to do this is the following:

1)Create 2 local variables (ex : one , two)
2)Create 2 triggers whom events to be the ones you want the main trigger to fire at:
Trigger 1 : Owner : Player
Event : 32.Building Exists, Value : Allied Ore Refinery
Action : 56.Local Set, Value : one
Trigger 2 : Owner : Player
Event : 32.Building Exists, Value : Allied Barracks
Action : 56.Local Set : two
3)Create the main trigger
Main Trigger: Owner : Whom ever you want
Event : 1)36.Local is set, Value : one
2)36.Local is set, Value : two
Action : Which ever you want

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon