Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM Lego C&C contest Results
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject:  PPM Lego C&C contest Results Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the winner of the first PPM Lego C&C contest is:
Orac
with his awesome Tiberian Sun Orca.

The results summed up of all 3 judges.
Orac: 304 / 390
TiberianPast: 275 / 390
Team Black: 260 / 390
TiberianFuture: 218 / 390
Mikeboy: 125 / 390
srowell3: 75 / 390

Congratulations Orac and thanks to all the contestants for their cool Lego models.
Here now all contestants in an overview.
Orac:

TiberianPast:

Team Black:

TiberianFuture:

Mikeboy:

srowell3:

For those who are interested, you can find the original submissions in the zip archive of the following download.
Download: http://www.ti.ppmsite.com/Public/LKOsPublicstuff/CnCLegoContest/CnCLegoContest.zip
I've also added there 2 preview pics of Team Blacks 3D model for those who don't want to install the Lego Designer.

Now the single ratings of the 3 judges in an overview.
Lin Kuei Ominae:
Mikeboy: 50 / 130
Orac: 104 / 130
srowell3: 22 / 130
Team Black: 91 / 130
TiberianFuture: 85 / 130
TiberianPast: 97 / 130

Altomare:
Mikeboy: n/a / 130
Orac: 105 / 130
srowell3: 28 / 130
Team Black: 99 / 130
TiberianFuture: 53 / 130
TiberianPast: 73 / 130

Crimsonum:
Mikeboy: 75 / 130
Orac: 95 / 130
srowell3: 25 / 130
Team Black: 70 / 130
TiberianFuture: 80 / 130
TiberianPast: 105 / 130

And the detailed comments and judging.
Lin Kuei Ominae:
Mikeboy
creativity/ attention to detail - 10 / 60
Due to the very bad photo quality i can't make out any details.
But from what I can see, I do like the shape of the turbines.
Though the overall model seems to be quite blocky. Some more angular parts would've been nice.

resemblence to the original unit - 20 / 40
Again the bad photo quality and the unfavorable angle of view (no full view from the side) make it hard to judge the complete model, but it's none the less recognizable as an orca. Though the front is too bulky and the rear part is hard to see.

functionality bonus - 20 / 25
I can only trust your message in which you wrote that the front gun, missile pods and engines can rotate. Though from the unusual angle of them in the pictures I believe you.

3D bonus 0 / 5

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Orac
creativity/ attention to detail - 60 / 60
Now this is a cool model. I really like the amount of details and the mixture of yellow and black stones. This is definitely a model I would buy if it's an official C&C Lego model.

resemblence to the original unit - 39 / 40
Knowing how hard it is to make a round body with only angular stones, you still did an awesome job. Not full 40 points, only because it's not like a real replica of the TS orca and some parts are too much (e.g. the outer wing part is too big and the small detail part on top of the cockpit or the gun under the rear wing). But don't get me wrong, I still really appreciate the additional details you've added (that's why full points for creativity/ attention to detail).

functionality bonus - 5 / 25
From what i can see are the only moving parts the engines, though they seem to be quite unstable since they are carried by only one pin (a round red stone in the centre of the rotation axis). If they would be mounted in a more sturdy way where you wouldn't have to fear that they fall apart when being rotated, i would have given you some more points.
Also nice would have been one of the transparent lego cockpit windows that can be opened, but you can't have every necessary lego part.
Conclusion: A fantastic model for the showcase, but not that suitable when you want to play with it.

3D bonus 0

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
srowell3
creativity/ attention to detail - 10 / 60
It's a very low detailed model. I give you some points for the rear grill, front lights and the small details on top of the turret. Also the usage of grey and black stones like a camouflage is a nice plus and gives you some extra points. But all in all the shape is really too simple and boxy.

resemblence to the original unit - 5 / 40
I can't tell from the pictures, which unit it should resemble. If it should be a Nod light tank, it really lacks the tracks. If you don't have tracks you should have done a wheeled unit like the TS amphibious APC which also allows to add more details, since there are also renders with a higher resolution available.

functionality bonus - 7 / 25
5 points for the rotating turret and additional 2 points for the quite obvious rolling wheels.

3D bonus 0

Team Black
creativity/ attention to detail - 45 / 60
A sweet little buggy, also with a nice amount of details. The engine part on the rear is nicely done and also the rotating and tilting turret.
Though the size is really a bit small, which also reduces the amount of possible details.

resemblence to the original unit - 30 / 40
The Nod Buggy is instantly visible, though for a real TS buggy the main body should be more compact (as seen in the killmech.vqa) and the cockpit more integrated in the compact body. Right now it's a bit like a mixture of the TS, TD and a real beach buggy.

functionality bonus - 13 / 25
8 points for the rotating and tilting turret and 2 points for the obviously rolling wheels. Additional 3 points for the cockpit, that can be opened too.

3D bonus 3
It's not bad, but it's also not fantastic. The round cockpit doesn't fit at all imo, though i have not much experience with LDD and its possibilities.

Tiberian Future
creativity/ attention to detail - 35 / 60
A nice amount of detail and good usage of bendable parts. However the main body is quite boxy and the used bricks are too colourful.

resemblence to the original unit - 30 / 40
It is a very well noticable Tripod from Tiberian Wars, but the legs are a bit thin and the upper body is too boxy and flat. Some angular bricks would have been nice there to make the upper body more round.

functionality bonus - 20 / 25
Since all legs and arms are moveable in nearly all directions i give this one a high functionality rating.

3D bonus 0

Tiberian Past
creativity/ attention to detail - 50 / 60
This one has a really good amount of detail. Unfortunately is it very colorful (like your brothers tripod). But i see that you've tried to give it at least as much as possible yellow bricks for a gold GDI scheme. with a more consistent color scheme and some slightly sturdier legs i would have given this beauty 60 points.

resemblence to the original unit - 35 / 40
This is a cool Tiberian Wars Juggernaut. I really like that you've tried to make a walker unit which is usally harder to create than a simple wheeled or air unit. Also cool is that you've got it balanced so it can stand on it's own.
However the legs could be more sturdy as well as the engine section under the turret.

functionality bonus - 12 / 25
From the few pictures i can only guess that the legs can be moved and the cockpit openable to the front.
Some more information or pictures about the moving parts would have been nice. (e.g. a picture with a different leg position)

3D bonus 0

Altomare:
Mikeboy
I can't judge on something that's blurry; and I also can't take his word for it that it rotates. I have to see the part clearly. Sorry.
Orac
Creativity, attention to detail - 55 / 60

Choice of blocks seems appropriate; every view has that little piece that gets my attention. There's no stray blocks so that's good. Boosters are a plus Smile Very nice yellow and black.

Resemblance to the unit - 40 / 40

Are there gold blocks? XD Yellow seems pretty close to the GDI scheme. It looks GDI-ish. If someone showed me this and didn't mention this is supposed to be an Orca, I'd say something like "Oh cool! Orca!!" So plus points for that.

Functionality bonus - 10 / 25

The only thing that I see that I think can move are the blue lever and the cockpit. It opens right? Well, I think there's debris when you crash it #Tongue The tail looks like it can move.. :S

3D bonus - 0 / 5

Uhh...

srowell3
Creativity / Attention to detail - 20 / 60

There's some stray blocks in it. Though it's said that it's for "camouflage", I still think it's stray. Grills are good. The turret could use some "exit"; cosmetic if not usable. From what I can see, based on the side view, I'd say that the turret is not attached to the body (wtf?). And there's more stray blocks at the side.

Resemblance to the original unit - 5 / 40

Personally, I'd say that it looks like a generic tank. Not even a color scheme that would identify this unit even if it has no name.

Functionality bonus - 3 / 25

It looks like it can roll so yeah, nothing special. There's debris in it though. I'd like to see em crash #Tongue

3D bonus - 0 / 5

...wha..?

Team Black
Creativity / Attention to detail - 50 / 60

In a way, I like it overall considering it's a buggy. Exhaust pipes are welcome; they kinda distinguish the unit from the other entries (because they're shiny!). The lights though.. It looks like spewed with Liquid Tiberium. There's great detail on the AA turret. I like how it's mounted. And there's someone inside :v I can see steering wheel inside!

..Oh look, Tiberium!

Resemblance to the original unit - 35 / 40

IMO, it looks like a personal version on the buggy. Not very Nod-ish for me; plain pure red blocks on the side? A few black blocks won't hurt. The headlights kinda takes away the attention from the turret a bit.

Functionality bonus - 10 / 25

The turret rotates for sure. I can see that thin black block with the silver circle that looks like a record player. Wheels are working, cockpit (?) opens! There's a hinge on top. And, it has debris in it; plus because they're red so total carnage! #Tongue j/k

3D Bonus - 4 / 5

Yay!

Tiberian Future
Creativity / Attention to detail - 25 / 60

TW (or is it KW?) meets RA3! Blocks are too random, it looks like it would fall. Simple, random and from the looks of it, maybe 30 mins was used to make this. I like the arms though.

Resemblance to the original unit - 24 / 40

Color-wise, no. Shape, probably. In spirit, yes.

Functionality bonus - 4 / 25

If the legs moved in an seemingly "moving" position, it would certainly fall. I bet my tacos in it. The arms seem capable of moving. Maybe if it had a plastic bag over it or a travel case; everybody likes force-fields right? Debris would probably look like some materialized broken raimbow of dreams.

3D Bonus - 0 / 5

No waii!

Tiberian Past
Creativity / Attention to detail - 40 / 60

Oh wow, colors are off. But! Unlike other "mismatched" color blocks, this one seems to be symmetric, mostly; colorful placing are obviously intentional. There are very few stray blocks like in the back, there's a sloping block different from the other leg. The blue on top, while they don't match the entire unit, seems to be in order like the different colored barrel placed in front. Everything looks presentable.

Resemblance to the original unit - 30 / 40

Yep, looks like a Juggernaut at first glance. Only the colors are off. though compensated by the organized placing of blocks (BARRELS -- light gray - dark gray - light gray).

Functionality bonus - 3 / 25

IDK if the legs can move or if the head can rotate. The cockpit seems moveble but then, everything else IS movable #Tongue Oh, debris!

3D - 0 / 5

:WAT

Crimsonum:

C&C LEGO Contest results

Mikeboy's review:

First of all I'd like to remind you that the pictures I had to judge from were really blurred
and unclear. Also, there are no pictures of the top, bottom or the right side of the model.

But now to the score:

Creativity: The model seems to have a good overall look, and there are a few nice details
like the rotating machine gun on the bottom, missile pods and engines. Colouring is
good and consistent, even though it may not match exactly that of the TD Orca's.
Points for having no glaring blocks of multiple colours, instead only one colour
"scheme" is used. Apparently the model is symmetric, though there're still no
pictures of the right side of the model.

Finally, the model has decent amount of detail, considering its size. If it were
bigger, I would naturally expect for more details.

35 points.

Resemblance: The model is based on the TD ORCA assault craft". The basic shape is that of
the TD Orca, but there are some things that don't match. For example, the engines are
too thin and long (because of the shape of the blocks chosen), and the model appears
longer than the original TD Orca. Also, some parts are too fat, sturdy, or otherwise
simply different from the original. Examples include the nose, cockpit, the rear fins,
etc.

20 points.

Functionality: According to Mikeboy, the underside gun can rotate 360 degrees, move up and down.
The missile pods and engines can also move up and down. The creator has succesfully
made these crucial parts movable, so I give good points for that. Now, it'd be perfect
if there were missiles to be launched Wink

20 points.

Overall score: 75/130 (4th)

Orac's review:

Creativity: At first sight the model seems very well done, with a consistent colouring (black
cockpit window, otherwise bright yellow) and lots of details. Overall shape is good,
aerodynamic, and the model appears very sturdy. I like a lot of the way the creator
uses of many different kinds of LEGO blocks, yet managing to keep the colouring
consistent.

Splendid 60 points.

Resemblance: Funny how the ORCAs seem popular today #Tongue Anyway, the shape of the model is quite close
to that of the TS ORCA Fighter, but naturally due to the shape of the chosen blocks
there are some inconsistence/difference from the original. The creator has also taken
liberty to add some detail that don't exist in the original model. These include
antennas and that turret-like structure above the cockpit. Also the engines appear
quite different from those in the original. As far as I know, the thrusters/engines
in the ORCA Fighter didn't rotate (which was odd and stupid anyway), but they seem to
able to do so in Orac's model.

30 points.

Functionality: It is unfortunate that the TS ORCA Fighter apparently had no moving parts. However
I give some points for the rotating engines. The model also appears quite sturdy, so
it shouldn't break from usage #Tongue

5 points.

Overall score: 95/130 (2nd)

scrowell3's review:

Creativity: A simple, basic tank. Nothing special really. Points for some details like the front
lights, and the lights and antennas on the turret. The colouring is somewhat
inconsistent, as the body varies between white and black blocks.

15 points.

Resemblance: Apparently based on the TD Nod light tank, this model doesn't really resemble the
original. It has wheels instead of tracks, the body shape looks nothing like that
of the light tank, turret is different and placed too close to the front. I guess
the only thing that connects these two is the fact that they are both battle tanks.

5 points.

Functionality: Wheels and the turret rotate. That's about it.

5 points.

Overall score: 25/130 (6th)

Team Black's review:

Creativity: A rather small model, but with nice amount of detail. Especially in the rear
half of the model. A worthy mention are the hodrod-like exhaust pipes and the
driver Very Happy

The colouring of the model is consistent, with most of the body being bright red
(which I personally don't like that much).

27 points.

Resemblance: Based on the TS Nod buggy, the shape of the two are roughly the same. However, there
are few things that were not present or are different than in the TS buggy. The body
of the model seems to also be a tad too "fat".

25 points.

Functionality: Rotating wheels, a turret that can turn 360 degrees and move up and down, and a nice
little storage locker (can be opened and close) in the back. Perfect for transporting
those Tiberium crystals seen next to the model #Tongue

15 points.

3D Bonus: The only participant who included a 3D model, which even was quite like the actual
LEGO model. However, as I try to open the 3D model, I get an error and the wheels of
the model will not show up. Thus I can't view the price either.

3 bonus points.

Overall score: 70/130 (5th)

TiberianFuture's review:

Creativity: Cool, a Scrin unit! And even quite big one!

The model looks fairly good, but some points are drawn out for
the inconsistent/not-resembling-the-original colouring. The model also has a rather
low amount of detail.

35 points.

Resemblance: The model closely resembles the original unit, but again the limited amount of LEGO
bricks forces the creator to take some liberties. Fortunatelly, the shape of the body,
legs and tentacles are roughly the same as of those of the original unit. Even the
"eye" is included.

25 points.

Functionality: The legs are very maneuverable, with many joints. Same goes for the flexible tentacles,
although I had difficulty to tell whether you can actually rotate the base of the
tentacles.

20 points.

Overall score: 80/130 (3rd)

TiberianPast's review:

Creativity: An excellent model of the TW Juggernaut. With a decent amount of details, the creator
has really paid attention when building the model. The cockpit, driver, legs and the
cannons are really well done. The only thing that doesn't appeal me is the colouring.
Fortunatelly there's at least some consistence among.

50 points.

Resemblance: There are a lot of detailed stuff that appeared on the original unit. These include the
shape of the base of the cannons, cockpit, legs and the supporting pylons. Again, the
colouring resemble more of the original.

35 points.

Functionality: The legs appear to have the necessary joints for movement. It's hard to tell, but I
believe the cannons are immovable unlike in the original unit (when it fired, the
cannons would push back due to recoil). Oh, and the support pylons seem to be able to
fold and unfold.

20 points.

Overall score: Amazing 105/130 (1st)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations Orac! Appearance-wise, your model was truly the best! Smile

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. Orac and his Orca. Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of those are bloody awesome, but Orac with his Orca has really deserved this one Wink

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4th place! Not too bad I guess, some great models here Cool
And you're right Altomare, the tripod would fall if it's legs would be in any other position Laughing

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whee! Very Happy
I don't want to sound selfish, but is there a prize? #Tongue

I have to say that I like that tank, IMO the simplicity adds to the design, and highlights the complexities. It also looks quite functional compared to everyone else. Plus, RA was never hugely detailed...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you take Orac and reverse the a and the c, you get ownage.

Also, huge thanks to all the judges for making this possible, especially LKO.

Cheers to all the participants, nice designs here

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one Orac!

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations Orac!

srowell3
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha Nice win ORAC! Good to know what people thought! Well run competition imo if not a little long! XD thanks to everyone who was involved!

INDIO
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep orca looks badas but the jugernaut, bugy and tripod looks awsome too

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Major bump is major.

zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gee I want to see these in Tiberium Legos, but too bad creator Zee Hypnotist did not acquire some of these awesome lego unit models.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap... who decided to resurrect this thread? o_O;

Before INDIO's post, the last post was back in 2009. D:

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontlines wrote:

Then, isn't it obvious?

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Frontlines wrote:

Then, isn't it obvious?

Of course, I was stating a rhetorical question. I was in disbelief that someone would do such a thing.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't add a question mark to the end of a rhetorical sentence.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking that the Red Alerts could use some more love this time around. I'm thinking Chrono Prison, or maybe the Dreadnought..

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!