Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Weapons.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject:  Weapons. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, simple question, with a probably complex answer?

I have vehicle A.

Vehicle A, is to have several weapon points, for Weapon 1.
Now.. Can Weapon 1's weapon Points, be set to target different targets?

Or do I break it up so that..
Vehicle A, has Weapon 1 on left side, and Weapon 2, on the right side, and then impose an angle limit, so that Weapon 1 can't target on the right side, an Weapon 2 can't target on the left side.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One weapon cannot target multiple targets.

Yes, break it up. For limited firing arc do not give weapons a turret, but add the line " AcceptableAimDelta = 90" to the weapon code.
Note this is towards either side, so 180 means it has 360 degrees of coverage, and 90 is a half circle(anything in front of the bone). Don't forget to check the orientation of your bones.

And more importantly add a weapon switch, otherwise your unit will try to target it's target with both weapons, which it'll probably not be capable of doing resulting in no attack or continueous turning.

Real two sided simultatious coverage is something more tricky which i haven't fully tried to make yet, but it'd be using subobjects(like the avenger needs for it's targetting of multiple targets).

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, that's what I figured.

If only Generals Zero Hour had Weapon Banks like Sins of a Solar Empire. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals != a space RTS game #Tongue

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium Wars supports this idea pretty good.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good, I'll keep that in mind, once I finish my Generals Zero Hour Mod. ^^

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm...
This is relevant to my interests.

This sort of functionality is easier to get working smoothly in TW than it is in Gens/ZH?

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TW supports this natively. The Scrin Tripod has exactly this setup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon