Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
Viper
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject:  Viper
Subject description: Ground Attacker / Bomber
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Viper

Strength: Weak
Armour: Weak
Speed: Very Fast
Cost: 1550

The Viper serves as the Brotherhoods ground attack jet. Although created near the end of the Second Tiberium War the Viper never saw actual battlefield use and remained a prototype, however it has now been intergrated into the Brotherhood airforce. The Viper is a very fast and agile aircraft which relies on its agility and speed to outmanoeuvre and outrun enemy defences, its laser guided Tiberium missiles are excellent for targeting structures and leave behind Tiberium mutagens as an after effect.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice. i love the shape. looks like it was inspired by the swift bird. so fitting for the brotherhood.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... looks like the UEF scout plane from Supreme Commander. (minus the wider wings; not to mention that that thing was probably based on something else). Looks very nice.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It started off as a very basic looking jet back in the day, but slowly evolved into what we have here, originally it probably looked more like a weird F-16.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooh Migs are back #Tongue !

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked the older viper with the forward swept wings a hell of a lot more.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking that just today.

...and I made this one #Tongue

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who made the other?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IDK... it was old and small and got replaced. Someone from the old Odyssey team I assume did it.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher seems to be the only one left from the original team.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron did a lot of TO's old voxels, then SaneDisruption and I think even Dregan. I did a few too.
hmm I might even give a whack at improving the old Viper design

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's clearly been done, so why do it again?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just because it'd be a quick and easy edit. It's not a really big alteration - I'll just redo the wings in a spare moment and call it done again. (Or TB can make his own edits should he feel called to do so)

If it doesn't get done then it's no big problem, but if it does then all the better Smile

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac, your Viper would be ztyping beast with forward swept wings... how soon can you make it?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll get around to it... possibly once this headache has passed. As I said though, it's one of those little edits which will come at a point when someone decides "eh, I feel bored, lets open up the viper vxl and play with it a bit" and is probably less likely to occur than the real important stuff like maps and buildings and things.

Last edited by Orac on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^this. minus the headache

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a small edit and what do you think of the viper now!?

viper_002.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  656.41 KB
 Viewed:  12584 Time(s)

viper_002.gif

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it. The forward swept wings give it a stealther, more Nod-ish look. Makes it more unique.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that additionally the wings could be moved backwards, ala the SU-47 or such.

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More like this!?

viper_003.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  962.64 KB
 Viewed:  12524 Time(s)

viper_003.gif

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's beautiful.

Let's use this one.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, I dig the last one. Much more futuristic.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's see some ingames. That's the only way to tell if something looks good. :p

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hassan is bloody good at this.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow nice looking simply awsome Smile

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot!!!

Btw. here are the Ingames! Wink

ingame_pic00.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.21 KB
 Viewed:  12472 Time(s)

ingame_pic00.PNG

ingame_pic01.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.77 KB
 Viewed:  12471 Time(s)

ingame_pic01.PNG

ingame_pic02.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.05 KB
 Viewed:  12471 Time(s)

ingame_pic02.PNG

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher, please use this new Viper. I'll pay you.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I somehow dislike the white front of the aircraft - it really stands out. I wonder why it should, anyway - having it in such a colour would make it an easy target ... ? IMO a dark greay could be more appropiated, but that's just my opinion ...

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think wings need to be longer, both the front and main wings

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love it Smile..

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamn00b wrote:
i think wings need to be longer, both the front and main wings

It still has to fit onto a helipad - the previous version only just manages this, and Hassan's is pushing it even further. It wins badass points though, so I expect it to be included. (Unless Morpher hates it)

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't like the new design at all - until I saw it in-game. It's a good Nod design!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems a bit fat personally, it it were to slim in towards the wing making a diamond shape it might look a bit more futuristic but the current ingame version should be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon