Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Paranoia
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject:  Paranoia
Subject description: A 'roleplay' of mind games.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you don't know what Paranoia is, it's really a tabletop RPG type game, but it can work on forums since I'm playing in one right now as a participant. The premise is that a group of people are tossed into some unknown place. None of them know each other, none know why they're there and they have two clones so each character has three lives. Since I'm running it, I'm just the GM and simply provide the obstacles and the players take care of the rest. It's basically a gigantic mind game and everyone is probably going to die, but it's intense and quite lively.

Characters can be whatever you want, but no superpowers or supernatural abilities. Prefer to just be humans only. I could be cruel and add something, but we'll do a straight Paranoia run.

Anyone interested?

Steam

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel ponies will be included... call it a hunch.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've never had proper Roleplay/Mafia/etc. Games here at PPM. Sure, why not. Though you better be patient as I doubt many visit the site daily.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does Cyborg count as a character? #Tongue

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
We've never had proper Roleplay/Mafia/etc. Games here at PPM. Sure, why not. Though you better be patient as I doubt many visit the site daily.

I visit multiple times daily, just to check up on any topics. However almost everything is for the older games or for some mod for those old games, so I don't have any interest to respond to them. #Tongue

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. There are no ponies at all. This is humans only so no Dutchy, sorry. No cyborgs. If there's some interest, post a very basic char sheet with things like name, age, appearance but do not post personality. That becomes a huge part of the mindfuckery.

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess I'm in.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontlines, Crim, Dutchy and Orac. I could use one or two more before I start the game.

Steam

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

count me in

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, dunno. Sounds interesting, but my english sucks -> can't describe very well. And I don't know if I would fit in it, anyway #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

English doesn't need to be top notch so join. I'll provide the descriptions of everything anyway. You guys just do the acting.

Steam

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll wait for further updates then. Hopefully they last better (and longer) then the C&C roleplays we had a couple of years ago.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, I'll join in, but I want to see how everything goes first, Not a fan of jumping right into a rp without knowing how it goes. #Tongue

But otherwise,
Name : Cear Rovaski
Stocky appearance that hides his muscles.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The point is jumping right in because that's how it begins. If you all want to play, post your characters in here and I'll begin the real thing.

Steam

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll observe this from the side, but if you do succeed in making this work, I will have some respect towards you, FQ.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titus Perlin
Carpenter. 27 years old, tall, thin, with already thinning brown hair and a small beard, well trimmed. Glasses and watch. No distinguishing marks, aside from tiny scar below the left ear from the biopsy of a cyst some years ago.

Severely out of his element in any situation.

Carrying a pocket logbook, a used bus ticket, and $2.20 in loose change.

Last edited by Orac on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Belongings don't mean anything since you won't have them anymore. #Tongue

Alright, so we have two profiles. Need at least two to three more.

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You fool! Those $2.20 could have been the difference between life and death!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name: Antonif Wolfe,

Physical Profile: 24yrs old, 6ft 3in, 225lbs, special forces operative. Dark brown hair, green eyes, chiseled face. No major distinguishing marks. Small shrapnel scars on left side of face, neck, and left forearm.

Last edited by daTS on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
If there's some interest, post a very basic char sheet with things like name, age, appearance but do not post personality. That becomes a huge part of the mindfuckery.

Am the only one who read correctly?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now you aren't #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
now you aren't #Tongue

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Three participants. Just need at least two more.

Steam

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name unknown (amnesia)
appearance: tall, thin, appearing weak, glasses, cavernous cheeks.

other informations: quite intelligent, logical, rational, loner.

I know, some informations refer to his charackter - see it as how he acted before getting wherever he is now Very Happy

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Four now. I'd like at least one more. Then it'll be a party, but in a really bad way.

Steam

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emm.. what this? forum game? or something that i dont know because the only type game that i know is video game and board game? :p

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, I withdraw my spectator role, to join this for the sake of being "That Guy" and be the first victim of "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies".

Name: Ditrus Arconeus (Real name: Nickolas Smith)
Appearance: Brown Hair. Brown Eyes. 6 Inches Tall. Skeletal Arms. Otherwise average.
Wears: Raincoat. White T-shirt and jeans underneath. Unmarked cap.
Items: Wears a soft metal chain.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamn00b wrote:
emm.. what this? forum game? or something that i dont know because the only type game that i know is video game and board game? :p

Ever played a roleplaying game? Dungeons and Dragons, Munchkin, Diablo, Skyrim or even NetHack?
Those are a fair way from what we've got here, but the basic thoughts behind them are much the same; the exploration, ingenuity, and cheating. The characters are ours, the story is up to the GM.

You've got FurryQueen, who is the GM - the M is for Master and I expect that the G is for Game (He's the Game Master, for those who have trouble with sentences). He provides the narrative, much like in an old text adventure ("You are in a dark room, there is a vent on the far wall through which you can see light and hear echoing shouts. You can move north and east"), and gives the players the scenarios to face and perhaps even some of the tools.
Then of course you have us, the players. We have to work out how to deal with these challenges based mostly on the laws of what ever reality we're in. That's the easy part. We've also got to put up with each other.
Apart from that, FurryQueen will have to explain the specifics or put me right on things I've got wrong.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name=Johan Callerion
Age=24
Appearance=Dark brown, short, upright hair. Slightly tanned skin color. Blue eyes. Medium body build. Around 6 feet tall.
Clothing=Black Trenchcoat, peculiar sunglasses with yellow lenses and a red scarf.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit, Crimsonum you're short.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol wtf, I could've sworn I wrote feet.

EDIT: Fixed

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awww... I could see a six inch tall man being of great tactical use in any situation requiring someone to fit into a small space. Hey, my character could have built a nice little cage for you to travel in. It would have been great.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

owh, thanks for clearing up Orac

name : Andi Izmi
Appearance : a doctor that always bring logbook, pen, and black semi-formal jacket. ~2m tall, never know his father

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Awww... I could see a six inch tall man being of great tactical use in any situation requiring someone to fit into a small space. Hey, my character could have built a nice little cage for you to travel in. It would have been great.

Don't worry. Gufu seems to still be only 6 inches tall.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steam

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Seven people is plenty. We have enough to begin.

And begin we shall: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32003

There a turn order? Anything like that?
Been awhile since I last forum-rped. :3

Is there a limit on actions per turn? D:

I normally text-roleplay where everything is one action per sentence, but because it's not turn-based, the faster typer usually wins. xD
I also do a form of "forum-based" but that's hard to explain. xD

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. No limits. You can do pretty much whatever, but keep it reasonable. There's no order or anything but pay attention to where things go.

Steam

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon