Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Paranoia - The Game
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject:  Paranoia - The Game
Subject description: And this is for real.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright. We have seven participants so that's more than enough.

Here's the roster:
Frontlines - Cear
Orac - Titus
daTS - Antonif
gufu - Ditrus
Crimsonum - Johan
iamnoob - Andi
Nordos - amnesia sufferer

The rules are simple. There are no items unless I say so, all room descriptions run through me along with the challenges and I have the final say on deaths. Be specific with some of your actions and descriptions. I will explain the rules on dying when it happens.

And now we can begin!

All of you are in a nondescript room somewhere; no windows, no decoration, no nothing. None of you know one another, none of you know why you're there and you have all been stripped of your belongings. Near your beds are tubes containing two perfect replicas. Some of you have been told troubling information, but all of you have been told that the government will kill anyone with a clone, and that happens to be all of you!

You are all in the same room. Just for clarification.

There is a door with a switch next to it, but you don't know what's out there. The door can be opened normally but you don't know what the switch does.

Oh, and one more thing, your beds can be dismantled to make weapons!

So let's begin. And remember, the name of the game is Paranoia!

Steam

Last edited by FurryQueen on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He awakened. The first thing he noticed, was, that the room was plain. There was nothing. Yet even more disturbing was the fact, that his memories were as plain as this room. He couldn't remember anything. Not his name, not his age, he didn't know if he had family. He couldn't remember where he used to live. But one thing was left, one memory - well, not more then a feeling. A feeling of terrible dread. He did feared for his life, because he wanted to kill him. Or was it just a dream?
Cursing he stood up. Hoping, his memories would return after a while, he started to look around. He feeled a bit disappointed after noticing that there wasn't a single item in this room, which could have telled him a bit of his past and helped him to remember...
Finally he did return to his bed. What should he do now? Should he wait? But then he remembered that feeling. What if it weren't a dream? What if someone wanted to actually kill him? Confused he looed closer to these strange glass-tubes - and what he saw scared him. Clones.
He made a decision. Blindfold he ran to the door and pushed it open. A bit surprised that it wasn't locked he stood in the doorway, not knowing what to do now. Should he follow the right or the left corridor? Finally he settled for the right one . . .

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Outside the door, there is a hallway that goes in two directions. One is covered in a laser field and the other leads to another door. The switch by the door powers off the laser field, but only when held down.

Who's gonna hold the button? Who are you gonna trust?!

Steam

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He awoke a few moments after the first person ran out the room, and despite the slight fear of something bad was about to happen, he laid there for a bit, attempting to collect his memories. Turning his head, he examined the non-descript room and even though his eyes lingered on the twin tubes containing copies of himself, he didn't give it another thought. Sitting up, noticing the other beds, one of which was empty, he shook his trying to clear the foggy memories. That's when he remembered something, something that was told to him and that's when he was more reactive, his face twisting with paranoia at the thought of the other individuals laying in bed.

Getting up from the cot, he examined the bed hastily and quietly, not wanting to disturb the others. He shifted his body, glancing underneath the bed frame, spotting a small metal bar about two feeet in length which helped support the beds. He kept a mental note of it, but believing it'll b too noisy, he went for the only exit, the door that was still open.

He stopped infront of the door, noticing a switch. Believing it to turn on or off the lighting in the room, he gave it a flick. Immeditaly afterwards he heard the powering down whine of something down the hallway, but the switch quickly returned to its previous position, to which the hum of energy could be heard again down the hallway. Peering outside the hallway, he saw another man, and without thinking, yelled out "Hey! Who are you?"

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Agh!" Johan uttered as he tried to stand up. His head had not hurt this bad in years. With his eyes closed and hands pressed to both sides of his face, he tried to gather himself together. Soon after the worst pain had relieved, Johan came to his senses. He was standing at the back of a gloomy room, illuminated by neon-blue fluorescent lamps on the roof, with a single, open door at the opposite side. He flinched as he realized there were several people lying down on the floor next to him, none of them conscious. "Where the hell am I...?" he thought aloud.

Johan noticed he couldn't think clearly. He had just been at his office when everything went black, or so he thought. He could not know how long he had been passed out. All of his belongings were gone. He was certain he had been kidnapped, along with the rest of the people in the room. But he did not understand why his kidnappers had left everyone untied. Looking around one more time, he saw beds scattered at the sides of the room, and two giant tubes next to each bed.

He startled. Something moved inside one of the tubes. Slowly, Johan approached the cylinder, instinctively ready to back off if necessary. What he saw filled him with deep distrust. There was a naked, adult man inside the cylinder! The facial features of this man looked familiar to Johan, even though he was sure he did not know him. A dark thought emerged in his mind. He went back to check the people lying on the floor. Yes...a man with the exact same face. Johan rushed to check the rest of the cylinders, and before long, he found two containing an identical copy of himself. He could not believe his eyes. "What is this...what is this place?!" he shouted anxiously. He dropped down on one of the beds, his eyes nailed on a text at the top of the tubes: "Project Perfect Clone".

Something was out of place. Having a good photo memory, Johan realized two pairs of identical clones were without, what he thought to be, their original selves among the kidnapped. He remembered the open door, and thought the two must've awoken and left the room before him. There seemed to be no better option to this madness, so he stood up and carefully walked to the doorway. He saw two hallways stretching to opposite directions. There were no signs or anything. Just a switch at the wall, and an eerie noise coming from the left corridor. When looking at that corridor, Johan saw lines of flashing lights at distance. He disregarded the switch, worrying it might cause something unwanted, like an alarm. The other corridor seemed to go on as far as the other. When the situation demanded it, he had always chosen right over left, and this would not be an exception...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: I think everyone should post and declare its their turn to continue the story before posting their actual share of it (later editing their post). This way there won't be any annoying situations like someone posting before you, and you ending up changing your writing because of this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Crimsonum on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OOC: The story will flow as it flows. If you have to change your writing, so be it. I've had to do it a few times as a PC in another version of this. Now. Continue.

Steam

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Andi wake up, confused, and looking around, trying to find his logbook, and pretty sure tomorrow he has appointment with a man to do a medical checkup in a kindergarten. He see some people in the bed, the opened door, and ... a two mirror?

He try to look closer and clearly, and what? its not mirror! its.. tubes with his replicas? He stand up from his bed, looking at his bed and see it can be dismantle, he pick it up and attack the tubes! He never know about government idea to kill with clones or what is Project Perfect Clone -- the text in the top of tube -- is, but he know something : he always hate and disapprove anyone to do clone research.

The tubes destroyed, he then pick his bed and throw it to the replicas, and the just run out to the door. Seeing some people, he yell "Where the hell is this? who are you?"

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OOC: Can some of you with signatures turn off your signatures for your posts?

Turning around after hearing the glass shatter, he saw two figures approaching. After discussing a bit with the fellow behind him, he was unsure if he should trust the two approaching.
He remained quiet, and let the fellow behind him do the talking.

He edged away unconsciously, ready to flee if he had to.

[[NOTE: Not sure if the last scene, with him breaking his tubes were okay, but if that's later void, I'll change my scene. ^ because, didn't he just destroy his two second lives? I thought the replicas [as explained in the other topic, were your "extra lives]]]

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attacking the tubes with clones proved to be useless as they were still there.

OOC: You can't kill the clones. They're part of the game.

Steam

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antonif woke with a start. The last thing he remembered was doing a HALO jump into Iran. Did my chute fail to deploy? Am I dead? He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked around, instinctively gaining intelligence on his surroundings. The room was plain. Too plain. A holding cell, maybe? Then he remembered. He had been told something. Something terrible. He looked at his arm. On the inside of his elbow was a small scar. Oh no. It's true. I've been weaponized....

Antonif stood up and observed his bed. It was oddly shaped. Almost like it could be deliberately disassembled. It had knife-like qualities. He disassembled the bed. It was almost like it was designed for him. If he were to be a weapon, he'd be a very proficient one. He walked to the door, noticing a switch near the door. He opened the door. Ah, hell. Why not? He flipped the switch and walked out the door into the hallway.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not killing, just attacking

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turning around at the sound of footsteps, he saw two figures approaching. After discussing a bit with the fellow behind him, he was unsure if he should trust the two approaching.
He remained quiet, and let the fellow behind him do the talking.

He edged away unconsciously, ready to flee if he had to.

Last edited by Frontlines on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well now Titus, you really do need to stop drinking. Ugh, I hear you stomach. No, spicy food doesn't always agree with the rest of me either. Now, the important stuff... where the hell am I? OK eyes, do your stuff. Walls, floor, ceiling... A room. Great, big help there, eyes. How about you brain? Is any of this making sense to you? Oh, this bed is an uncomfortable one, isn't it? Now, brain, get back onto the subject at hand, where in God's name am I? AND WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE THOSE?
And that was the exact moment when Titus noticed the fourteen glass tubes behind him. With a start, he lept out of the bed, leaving the sheets sprawled across the floor, and bolted to the doorway. Not the best of moves, as his entry into the hallway startled the fellows standing in front of a slightly shimmering hallway.

And that was when Titus realised that he was wearing only grey long johns and one of his sheets.
Goddamnit. Not the best first impression. What's that brain? Feeling oxygen deprived? Stomach? Oh hell no, no you don't..."
Felling queasier again, Titus got a unique look at his previous meal. It was grey. It was lumpy. It was trickling down the wall.
"I'll just clean that up, shouldn't I?" Titus finally said, "Oh, and who the hell are you people?"

Last edited by Orac on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So two of you are in the hallway, looking at the lasers. Who's gonna hold down the button to get to the door? Who's it gonna be? Who are you gonna trust?

Steam

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antonif realized by holding the switch, he could let the other two in the hallway get through the laser system. He held the switch down and yelled at the other two figures. "Go! I've got the switch."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having passed out, Titus came to.
Someone was yelling about a switch.
"I'd still like to know who the hell you folk are?"
Titus shakily shouted. Nobody seemed to be paying attention, and as hi's eyes focused he noticed the corridor beyond had resolved from the shimmering mess it had been before. Clearly something had changed, something impressive enough to distract from the man on the floor complaining about the lack of introduction.

Screw this, feet, legs, we're going for a walk.
Titus got up and wandered through the point where the barrier of fuzzy redness had been.

Last edited by Orac on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Commissioner Ditrus Arconeus opened his eyes to stare at the blank ceiling of a room. Considering that the ceiling did not have eyes, unlike the infamous walls, thus ensuring that the possibility of a contest of any sort was laughably low. This could only mean victory by default, thus Ditrus was able to continue on with his actions, victorious, his morale overflowing.

Ditrus begun realizing that he was lying on a bed of some sort, as his feet were reaching some sort of metal bars. Unhappy with this turn of events, he stood upon the furniture of resting. Upon completing this action he realized that he was in the middle of a room full of people and tubes. And people in tubes. Clearly, this was not a room for someone with OCD, as either tubes or people would prevail. Some of the people even begun trying to attack the tubes, hopelessly. It was clear that with current resources, it was all but impossible to defeat the vile objects through brute force. Therefore there was a need for cunning brutality and inspection and recon of your opponent.

Choosing the closest pair of tubes, Ditrus changed his position to observe them in a direct manner. The contents of the tubes seemed incredibly familiar, to the point where it was blatant. Ditrus was looking at a representation of himself, and in his mind came a single thought.

"Nice hat."

Indeed, the clone inside the tube was wearing a differing headwear from him. It would not be entirely false to say that the headwear was superior to the one he currently wielded. It was a true officer's cap, with some sort of markings on it. Clearly, it was his destiny to gain that hat in one way or another.

Ditrus pointed to a man who was wildly assaulting the tubes which held cadavers resembling the unrelenting attacker.

"You there, a man with suicidal but admirable tendencies for violence - your services are needed for the action of most paramount importance!"

Successful in gaining attention, Ditrus continued with instructions.

"It is now, your duty to continue your assault upon a different target - a man inside this tube, holds headwear that rightfully belongs to me. It is your assignment to free the hostage of the situation from his imprisonment and forced wear. I shall return immediately upon your success."

Ignoring the replies by the confused man, Ditrus walked off towards the exit of the room. In there, he heard sounds of electricity, action, and generic laser effects. In hopes of finding the source of this noise, and end it's disruptive qualities upon the quiet neighborhood of a single room, he brought with himself, a pillow, thoughtful provided by unknown forces.

Approaching the group of men at the door, he held the pillow high and proclaimed:

"Gentlemen and gentlemen. What is the point of this laser show, and why had no one informed me that we could play with dangerous, industrial-sized lasers. However, it seems that you have taken this station of lights, and I must continue to search for one of my own. Thus, I ask thee, are there any more of such stations in the vicinity of this area, or is this some kind of strange, sociological test of sorts?"

But before the coherent replies could be formed by others, Ditrus' attention was caught by a door, that held at the opposite side of the laser show. Passing by a man who tried imposing some other form of leadership, he kicked at the door next to him, expecting it to open wide into a room that was previously unexplored.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No getting into the tubes so don't try. They're encased with bulletproof glass. You're not getting in there. Your goal is to escape.

Since the new door is now open, let's move on. Inside the room is a bunch of computer equipment with everything about all of you, but you can't access that. In the room is a knife and a keycard.

Oh, and don't forget, none of you know who put you there, why or if an overseer is mixed among you.

Steam

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antonif let the others run by him, through the laser matrix. He hollered out to them as they passed by. If you find a switch on the other side, come get me. The last person nodded his head and went through the grid. He sat down against the wall, waiting on one of the passers-by to let him through.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no switch on the other side. Only the other room with the information no one can access.

Also, the knife and keycard.

Steam

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He noticed that lasers covered the corridor. Cursing he turned around - and stopped dead. There was a person, a man, coming for him. Where the hell did that guy come from...? And now he yelled something! Startled he stepped backwards and slipped. Remembering the lasers he awaited feeling the deadly heat of these when they would burn through his skin, but nothing happened. Besides being falling on his head, that is. Moaning he quickly crawled out of the field, but the lasers were still offline. Ignoring that new guy he kept looking for the field, and then it finally began to power up again. And power down. And up. There didn't seem to be any logical pattern to it. Then he remembered that guy who yelled at him. Maybe he was turning the field on and off? But why should he?
He heard more voices. Were it mere then one? Yes. Of course! He didn't had checked the beds - he was always alone and used to having no one around.
Angry about himself he did go back to the room. Well, he tried anyway. There were others who blocked the hallway. Mistrustful he looked at these strangers, remembering his feeling. Maybe one of them was ... But if it were true, wouldn't it be wise to remain in the group? It would be a lot safer there, wouldn't it?
Yet he only wanted to be alone. These men would surely hinder him when he would search for a possiblity to get out of this place.
Puzzled he watched a guy who kept talking shit, about a laser show and if there would be one for him, too. And now that guy vanished in the door on the other side.
And there was another one, who tried to take the lead. Who the hell was that guy and how could he think that he would follow him?! He pressed the switch, which caused the lasers to disappear once again, and demanded that they should go through it.
But he wouldn't follow. No. That guy was suspicious. He would wait. Yes. When they all would have been gone, he would find a way to get out of this. That was the perfect solution!

"They will need a leader, I will press the switch for you, so you can pass. Don't worry about me, I will get out alone."
He hoped that this guy would accept his offer. It would make everything much more uncomplicated....

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Last edited by Nordos on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Andi look at the man that offer him the help.. but.. trusted him? or go to another door? and for a while..

"thank you, good luck for you, and my name is Andi"

Andi pass the hallway.. hoping he trust the right man.. and right destiny..

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before long, Johan reached the end of the narrow corridor. There was a door, as suspicious as the first one he had came through. Going back didn't exactly look like the best idea, so he carefully turned the door handle, and pushed the door open. The room was small; much smaller than the previous room. It was just as silent, except for the humming and seldom peeps that originated from the massive computer that covered the back of the room. Johan approached a table with a keypad in front of the computer, intending to turn on the large monitor and see what was in it. Lying on the side of the table, he saw a knife, a keycard, and a cold coffee mug, which assured him no-one had been in the room for a while.

Johan reluctantly touched the dormant keypad, and before he could think, the monitor had flashed on, showing a dozen open files and folders - all related to Johan. His age, his address...even his former bank account. They had it all. The absurdity of the situation caused his mind to tremble. Why, how? What do they want from me? I'm just a genetics scientist! Wait...that's...our latest research...are they after it? But it can't be any value to criminals...unless....oh God...oh God, please don't tell me.... Determined he must escape wherever he is at all costs, Johan grabbed the knife and the keycard, and ran back to the ever-so-gloomy corridor.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh oh. Looks like the switch doesn't work anymore. Anyone behind the lasers better run for their lives!

Steam

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This time he ran straight towards the flashing lights, holding the knife in his right hand. He felt strange aggression, propably because of the adrenaline, he thought to himself. Once he got close enough, he saw the lights were no ordinary lights; they were a fence of lasers, apparently some sort of trap or defense mechanism. Oddly enough, they were flashing on and off, as if they were malfunctioning. After observing the lasers for a brief moment, it was apparent that the lasers went off for long enough to someone dash through them. Johan leaned closer, threw the knife to the other side of the fence, and prepared to move. The second the lasers went off again, he leaped through the section, landing into a somersault, instinctively grasping the knife back to his hand before standing up. He was both impressed and confused of the stunt. He had never done anything like it before.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cear looked back at the hum of energy, the lasers popping back to life, Cear not even half way through the corridor. Then he felt up the built up of energy around him, followed by intense burning pain. The world around him vanished, his consciousness blinked out of existance.

The slices of his body toppled over, the edges still burning and steaming from the heat of the lasers. Stench of cooking flesh quickly filled the hallway.

[[Note, Caught up in a frenzy of projects. No time at the moment. Will come back at a later time]

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antonif saw the poor man fall apart. He ran back in the room and held down the switch. Nothing. Poor bastard... He walked back inside his room, not knowing if the rest of the hall was laser bound. He closed the door, and left the others to their fate. He walked to the tubes and began examining them.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A man ran out of the room flailing his hands, one of which held a knife he seemed to have picked up on a table. Somehow in the fit of anger, rage, or insanity, he have completely ignored Ditrus who was standing around studying the possible patterns which various lights may or may not have had. As the man left the room, the door has closed behind him, driven by unknown force. Therefore Ditrus' last phrase of "Bring Coffee, the cup is empty!" was likely to not have been heard. Disappointed by such turn of events, Ditrus moved towards the table in the middle of the room, assuming that some objects of interest may be located there.

The screen was green with text, irrelevant information about someone. Ministratorom would have this information, so it was likely that he was in their building. So this was the reason for their great spendings. Alongside their huge machines of information storage, they entertained themselves with lightshows of great quality. But that's unlikely, as he saw no clerks. Unless those around him were clerks. But they lacked any writing utensils, and therefore could not be clerks. It was a conspiracy, against the public.

And above all, HE WAS PART OF THE PUBLIC.

Meanwhile, the letters changed. The new letters became words. The words became sentences. Sentences were incomplete, and this machine had it's grade lowered due to this mistake.

A slap to the monitor revealed that the machine felt no pain. Repeated tries did nothing. Except it did cause slight amount of bleeding due to plastic induced cuts. Assuming that drowning the monitor in own blood was an inefficient strategy, Ditrus read the information on the screen.

"Restrain. Do not allow participation in the project at all cost. Remove, if possible. Do not provide any cutlery when fed. Real name unknown due to dubious and faulty sources. No documentation on person or place of dwelling. Repeated detentions have failed."

It's was nice of them to try to get some information on him. He barely remembered any himself, and he had reasons not to. The mind can get too clear, he knew that much. But he stopped that train of thought, which tried to follow the example of the text on the screen, continuing showing various information. Mainly physical, but a few interesting bits appeared here and there:

"No blunt trauma or injection traces were found upon examination."

"Insulted various kinds of fish during examination. Called out one of the surgeons to be "their spy". While unconscious."

"Held a mobile personal computer in possession. If nothing of value was found, please return it for destruction."

So, his saved games were still out there, waiting for him to finish them. Very well, then, he had a noble cause. With a new hat and his computer back, he could once more, escape into the wild world around him.

But for the time being, he realized that he held no interest in anyone reading this as well. The monitor was an impregnable fortress of techno-defilement. So he tracked one of the small wires from the monitor that descended into the various system blocks, and ripped one our at random. The monitor flickered and the text was gone. An error message appeared, but Ditrus was already walking back to the door, to see the current status of his would-be army or group or pond of fish.

Either way, it was a long, and maybe sunny day. But that won't matter, because he saw no windows around the place, and opened the door slightly to peek at the action outside.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After running himself to exhaustion, Johan stopped in a junction, and leaned himself on the wall. The corridor split into three different directions. Still no windows in sight, only elusive lighting casted by the seldom lights at the roof. This place must be underground, so obviously I have to find a way upwards, he thought to himself.

At that very moment, he heard someone...no, at least two people...walking towards him from the corridor to the left. Covered by the shady light, Johan dashed through the junction to the corridor in front of him, ignoring the other two possibilities of turning right or going back. At first it seemed to be the right choice, as there was an elevator at the back of that corridor. Upon closer inspection, however, it turned out it was unoperational. You have got to be kidding me! he mumbled while gritting his teeth. Wait...is this....a map? he thought to himself as he saw an almost worn-out map of the facility on the wall next to the elevator. Everything else was too blurry to tell apart, but Johan was able to specify the location of the closest stairs he was desperately looking for. He waited nervously for the two walking sounds to pass, praying they would not turn to the corridor he was in.

Suddenly, the sounds stopped. He was too afraid to stir. What if they turn here? What if they are armed? I can't take on them on my own, I can't...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titus examined the key card at length, trying to think of any possible use for it in this room. Then he saw the knife.
Since he had no idea who these people were, and moreover had no idea whether they meant him any harm, Titus pocketed the knife. Dropping the keycard, he went and knelt beside one of the computers, hoping to use the knife as a screwdriver - not for any particular reason, except for feeling exceedingly annoyed at being in this room and really wanting to break (or at least disassemble) something.

Titus very briefly wondered about the others on the opposite side of the lasers. perhaps there was another way through? Dismissing the thoughts as useless, he brought his mind back to the task at hand... whatever that might be.

"I'm still not completely sure who any of you are?" He finally said, glancing towards the others. "Any chance of a proper introduction?"

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh oh. People caught behind the lasers. How are you going to get back? There's no switch back there! And you need the keycard to escape! Oh shit.

Steam

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sorta died...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, we aren't really able to go by much description given by GM, because from what it seems, we are in a rather sad situation. There seems to be only one way through situation, unless of course we do something along the lines of "We moved the computers and noticed a small passage". It doesn't help that apparently the switch is broken, and I assume that FQ is waiting for us to figure out some silly way to stop/deflect/disable lasers.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fen, could you draw us a diagram/map of the regions we currently know about? That'd certainly help me work out who's where and what's where.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I said a while ago that the original hallway went two directions and that there's a keycard in the room you were in.

Also, the point is that you don't win. #Tongue

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titus repeatedly stabbed the other occupants of the computer room, until he was sure they were completely dead.

That ought to move things along a bit... He thought, wiping the knife on the clothes of one of the corpses.

"Everyone OK with this?" He asked, to nobody in particular.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone's died once but Orac. uh oh, now everyone's back in the starting room but him and everyone knows how they died. Oh no... now you're all angry.

Steam

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, I died? I was in the computer room.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titus shook himself from the flashing images which buzzed inside his skull.
What?
"What the ztype just happened?" He shouted.
"Where in the hells am I?"
"What did I do to deserve this?"
He screamed and screamed and screamed, pummelling the walls and the table until cracks and dents began to appear in the plaster and the table began to crack and splinter.
Why can't I wake up? He thought What is keeping me in this horrible place?

Titus took one of the broken halves of the table and dragged it towards the lasers, planning to try and break the stream - his concept of science still having deteriorated. Hoping it'd work, he thrust it into the glowing field.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lasers can't be broken. You're stuck, orac. Only solution is to have someone hold the button again cause it works now, but who's gonna let you out? You killed everyone anyway.

What's gonna happen?

Nice job on the kills. Your insanity meter is climbing... hehe.

Steam

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suddenly, Johan died. The end.

Sorry, looks like I have no time for this anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon