Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Lighting Style
Moderators: Aro, daTS, FurryQueen
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Which Lighting Option should I use
MentalRay Photographic Exposure Control
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
No Exposure Control
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject:  Lighting Style Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, now it's time for a decision.

Should I choose MR Photographic Exposure control, or no exposure control?

Keep in mind that if I go with MR Photographic Exposure control, I increase render times by tenfold, making changes more difficult to make and decreasing production speed and increasing the amount of time it takes me to create things.

OPTION A: MR Photographic Exposure Control

OPTION B: No Exposure Control

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only bother to use exposure for renders you're intending to use for publicity. For general demonstration, just go with the regular settings.

Last edited by Orac on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As soon as you apply texture to your buildings, you will barely see any difference. Also, for small sprites, it is good to have them colourful and contrast, unlike if you would preparing it for, say, FPS, where developers aim for realistic shading.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like gansater said, once you apply your textures and then adjust your specular and glossiness settings, they are gonna look great anyways.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the poll should show in textures and mapping, so how about taking a finished building and rendering it again on the two settings so we can see how much it will matter in the end?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem is, I don't have a texture artist for Echilon. I need one before I can start doing that. I'm already pressed for time making the models.

Texturing them is a whole different ballpark.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon