Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tabs and Missing Canvas
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject:  Tabs and Missing Canvas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just something I noticed recently. When I go to the site, some of the tabs to the left are open. It seems that they were randomly picked, although it's always the same tabs that are open. Wouldn't it be better if they were all closed and up to the user to explore?

Next, I noticed the front page skin doesn't seem to fit my screen very well, as there are some pieces missing. I use a 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which browser are you using?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all browsers
its when u expand the window horizonatally, I have it all the time since the old version of the site as I use widescreens

However im still constantly getting server issues where forum pages cannot be displayed

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Which browser are you using?

Firefox.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no way to resize my browser to any resolution higher than what my screen supports (1280x1024). The only way I could 'debug' such thing was using Chrome, because the way it renders the site (it renders the left and middle menus before adding the right side), so I can see if the middle menus screw up there and they really do. I don't know if the right side is affected. What I know is that the left side is fine.

It's hard to deal with this damn box model that WC3 has created.

And I'm surprised that Internet Explorer fails as well. I expected the quirks mode to be more effective for this layout, since it was originally built for browsers that rendered in that mode.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, try to zoom out, it maybe achieve this same effect. (1680x1080 Opera 11 and I can confirm).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It really did achieve the same effect.

It has broken the left, right and center menus. The news was slightly affected at the very right side.

Ok, I've found out the problem on most of the site. I'll have to re-work on the menu border code and split some of the pictures. I'll do it in this weekend.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahaha.. I had the same issues, 1600x900 for resolution, but I just sorta ignored it. Glad to hear you may be fixing it though.!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weekend has not arrived yet, but the problem has been fixed. Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the tabs? Also, is it possible to make the them switch the mouse indicator to the hand symbol that appears when hovering over hyperlinks, to show they can be interracted with?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tabs are open because I've forced them to be opened. It was done in purpose. I usually leave the tabs that I want to spotlight opened. Currently, I've left the ones that are either new or show that PPM also hosts non-Tiberian Sun projects as well.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The tabs are open because I've forced them to be opened. It was done in purpose. I usually leave the tabs that I want to spotlight opened. Currently, I've left the ones that are either new or show that PPM also hosts non-Tiberian Sun projects as well.

It seems to remember which ones I open up or close...
I keep only Generals open, and that's the only one that remains open for me. xD

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So yeah, this is what I'm greeted with each time I visit PPM:

Resolution is 1920x1080. Browser is FF (latest version). From what I read here it seems that the site isn't build for this size, but it still doesn't look nice Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site didn't finish to load in your browser. if you have any doubts, look at the ads. The missing tab images are just because FF did not finish to load the page in your browser.

I know you might be disappointed with my response, but, honestly, try refreshing the page and wait a little longer, really.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I still get these visual errors from time to time, but I just have to refresh and they're gone.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The site didn't finish to load in your browser. if you have any doubts, look at the ads. The missing tab images are just because FF did not finish to load the page in your browser.

I know you might be disappointed with my response, but, honestly, try refreshing the page and wait a little longer, really.

Just opened the page and let it wait for a minute, and no change. That the adds are missing is most likely AdBlock+
Although, I have to admit that FF is a bit buggy lately here...

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use Opera and the PPM main page looks messy for me much like dutchygamers, will add a pic later.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Opera as well here and no mess. wtf.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tested with Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Internet Explorer 8 (my windows is XP) and they all look fine.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get exactly the same as Dutchy and I'm using FF 10.0.2 (latest as of this second).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's also the version of my firefox. Does it happen with other browsers, Omega?

And, which extensions are using for Firefox? Do you use AdBlock+ (I'm not using it here)?

And what's your screen resolution?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the page is now fine for me Smile

Using the latest versions of

Firefox
Chrome
Internet Explorer

I use ad block plus on FF and Chrome

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working good with Internet Explorer

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dunno what you did Banshee, but it's fixed now. Good job Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't do anything. The server did not return an error 503 this time and your cache was updated. Laughing

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems PPM's problems have been solved for the most part. I havent seen PPM run this smoothly ever. Very Happy

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!