Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
A public question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What would you do?
KILL IT WITH FIRE!
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Live, and let it live.
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject:  A public question. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, whilst this mod seems to be eternally moved, it also seems to be eternally uninteresting to anyone.

I put up a poll in order to know whether:

1. Let it die in pains and archive it.
2. Actually decide to let it live and hand it to someone actually willing to pull of such a project. I'd love to see people who would volunteer.

It might sound sudden and odd, but it simply keeps useless space out of my everyday PPM browsing.

If the majority says "yes" to live, I'll be willing to create part 2 of this idea and actually ask everyone what platform they are interested in seeing this mod developed. After that, maybe see who volunteers for the project.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isnt this Banshee's mod and what started PPM to begin with?

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As long as the mod lacks any progress, the PPM exists. Such is it's monumental importance.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
Isnt this Banshee's mod and what started PPM to begin with?

Yes.

Quote:
As long as the mod lacks any progress, the PPM exists. Such is it's monumental importance.

LOL!

Quote:
If the majority says "yes" to live, I'll be willing to create part 2 of this idea and actually ask everyone what platform they are interested in seeing this mod developed. After that, maybe see who volunteers for the project.

Surprisingly, the mod is alive and active. At the moment, most of its progress lies on VXLSE III. We need the technology to move TS assets into C&C3 and that is being done. There is no rush to finish Final Dawn. It will be done when it's done and, in case I decide that another engine is more appropriate, I'll move it. For now, I think C&C3's engine suffices.

So, the mod forum will stay untouched, although it lacks activity.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't it be easier to remodel assets for C&C3?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitelly not for me. Sad

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This forum is part of the sights and sounds of PPM.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final Dawn is like the unofficial DNF of C&C.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about creating final dawn in C&C3

Its a nice updated engine, will allow much more and will breath life into the C&C3 community here at PPM (which i think this place needs)

will be good for the mod and hopefully good for the community?

Edit: I voted KILL IT WITH FIRE! but if it was done as I stated above as a C&C 3 mod then id have voted let it live.

A mod that properly continues the story from TS would be good

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you noticed that Final Dawn has been in Tiberium Wars category for a while? That's because we've moved to the TW engine. So, yes, it will be a C&C3 mod.

Btw, the result of this poll is useless. It won't change a damn thing if you 'kill it with fire'.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's just that some people have yet to realize the few things that will never change here:

- Final Dawn
- Forum skin
- Forum software
- Gufu

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The forum skin has changed last year. The others I agree.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Have you noticed that Final Dawn has been in Tiberium Wars category for a while? That's because we've moved to the TW engine. So, yes, it will be a C&C3 mod.

Didnt notice this
I dont remember any update on this mod in years and years

Edit:
There should be a 3rd poll option
DUNK! Shouted captain

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The move to C&C3 was silently done, because we do not have any C&C3 material to show yet.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
DUNK! Shouted captain

Sadly I can no longer edit the poll.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who's actually on the Final Dawn team and is working on it? You gonna modify any of the original designs?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment, I'm working alone. The rest of the team has left.

I prefer to convert voxel material, not just because of the units (including the inumerous civilian ones), but I'm also bad with textures. It's easier for me to produce voxels and eventually transform them into 3D models, with the whole texturing process done automatically.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hell kind of poll is this, Deformat? Did you catch downs syndrome again? this is how PPM Started. Of course it should live!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to bad there isnt a shp2vxl program, then you could do it all Razz

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
What the hell kind of poll is this, Deformat?

The kind which appears after 3 years of inactivity?
As for the "Down's syndrome ", I at least ain't no drunk loony.
Also, Bansh, you said something about some models. Bother showing them to us?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you bother read and pay attention to what said?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Translated:

Deformat, one of the main reasons VXLSE was given the vxl->obj tool is PPM Final Dawn. To create FD assets yourself just export a TS voxel. #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Banshee, you know you can always ask if you want models if your whole crew has abandon the ship? It's not like we don't have enough 3D modellers on this forum...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, 3D modeling is a less sparsely populated group than it used to be.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I blame Mass Effect 3 and School.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I can ask for help and people in this forum are usually helpful. But I wanna make something big and coherent. I don't want to mix too many different styles at once.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Do you bother read and pay attention to what said?

I did, and I asked you whether you have anything done yet for the mod, as in ingames.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, you haven't paid attention to what I said.

Banshee wrote:
The move to C&C3 was silently done, because we do not have any C&C3 material to show yet.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahah, funny XD.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pictures or any media of this mod would be where? some basic info on it? voxels and c&c3, huh???

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vxl->3d

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you wanna know more about the mod, you can check its contents at PPM (left menu -> PPM: Final Dawn), although the content is somewhat outdated. We'll post pictures in this forum when we get the voxel to 3D system ready. For now, we have nothing to show.

You can check the progress of this voxel to 3D system at the VXLSE III forums and SVN.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love how "somewhat" means more than 7 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon