Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Cloning Soviet Vacuum Imploder SW
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject:  Cloning Soviet Vacuum Imploder SW
Subject description: From RA3
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Soviet Vacuum Imploder SW from RA3 is truly amazing, you can think of different solutions to make this happen with or without making a hardcoded feature to do the Vaccum Logic.

I've bin thinking of automated Chrono Teleportation, Let's say that the radius/range of the SW is 10, after selecting a target, all of the target's units will be teleported to the center point or the area beign targeted(Gawd, can't explain this better) else x=0,y=0,z=0 of the targeted area.

There will be 2 events will happen after triggering the SW, the Vacuum Logic and the Nuke Logic which has bin already made in RA2/YR and the only thing that we need to make is the Vacuum Logic based on the Chrono Logic

Sorry, i can't explain this better but can you help me figure this out?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am trying to think up an intelligent response... but it's really hard.

Realize your limits, dude. That stuff can't be possible. Chrono doesn't move the units relatively to each other until the target cell is inaccessible for arrive.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ever think to recreate Vacuum Imploder in YR, got the concept but never try :

make a dummy 1x1 building that unselectable, has magnetron weapon that can auto acquire target. It has active anim (maybe like vacuum imploder anim) that damage the building itself for autodestroy the building after several time.

Make a SW UnitDelivery (ARES needed) that deliver the building, make it to deliver 10 or more building, since unitdelivery sw place all building in same cell IIRC so the SW can pull units and damage buildings more than one at a time. Make destroyanim for the building that damage everything in 3x3 cell, destroying any unit that pulled into center

Tada~~ :3

not sure if it can work ingame

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought of the same thing "iamn00b", but I don't think Ares:
Quote:
"since unitdelivery sw place all building in same cell IIRC"

1. I think it spreads them out.
2. Loco beams don't work on infantry. "at least to my knowledge."
3. Loco beams don't work on aircraft. "at least to my knowledge."
4. Loco beams don't work on buildings. "at least to my knowledge."
5. You would need to add a way to actually kill the units in air. Some would drop and not die, like those near the center, "which should be killed no matter what."
6. Also buildings probably would not auto target your own units.

In the end i think this way is not going to look good in game... Maybe your better off making a large screen animation which just creates an effect "sorta like time machine". And just destroys everything in range and stuff further away might survive via cellspread reduction.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That seems complicated though making their units being flown up to the air and smashed to each other at the center cell.

And Yuri's Magnetron Tank may have the answer as iamn00b suggested because it does has the ability to take ground units up to the air and take it to another location else destroy it, and if i were going to use the Chrono Logic, well it may result to a buggy or an IE.

And yes, i know my limit and yet exploring is my only way to learn.

Anyway, instead of absorbing the units to the center cell, why not make a shockwave that will spread the units out? I'd realized that after observing the Grand Cannon's Bullet as it create a shockwave that almost make the units to be blown away from their current location.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some weapons can make units rock around on their cell, but they'll never blow them out of that cell.

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can i make them be damaged like hell just like in Yuri's Physic Dominator SW? How can i apply a shockwave effect to it?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NPExt and Ares has ripple effects on all warheads, refer to their documentation.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noticed that, ARES's Manual/Documentation doesn't even tell how to use nor where to put those Flags, Tags and ETC... But it does explain their functions

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'Flags Tags ETC' go on the warhead of course, where else would they go?

Needs Ares AnimToInfantry logic and GenericWarhead superweapon (or Nuke remake). Make the warhead use 1 main animation that loops as long as you want the vacuum to last, have it spawn a (for this tutorial I'll call it a 'black hole') black hole infantry to fire a magnetron beam that focuses on units AND infantry. May have to include multiple of the same animation (depends on what you want exactly)
And for the finale, use another animation to end the loops that deals an insane amount of damage to kill everything that got sucked in, and the 'black holes' as well.
It might not be exact, but until there becomes a way to make a cluster superweapon, that's all I got. (Don't bother mentioning anything about FailPatch)

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
'Flags Tags ETC' go on the warhead of course, where else would they go?

Needs Ares AnimToInfantry logic and GenericWarhead superweapon (or Nuke remake). Make the warhead use 1 main animation that loops as long as you want the vacuum to last, have it spawn a (for this tutorial I'll call it a 'black hole') black hole infantry to fire a magnetron beam that focuses on units AND infantry. May have to include multiple of the same animation (depends on what you want exactly)
And for the finale, use another animation to end the loops that deals an insane amount of damage to kill everything that got sucked in, and the 'black holes' as well.
It might not be exact, but until there becomes a way to make a cluster superweapon, that's all I got. (Don't bother mentioning anything about FailPatch)

4StarGeneral...YOU MADE MY DAY! That's the closest thing that I've bin looking for! But would that make the SW overpowered?

About the black hole infantry, i can do that in a similar way as a chrono reinforcement but the magnetron beam's color is pretty obvious. Is there a way to change it color or remove it?

Also, should the so-called black hole infantry to be given an order to aim-and-fire at their targets? I'm afraid that they won't fire at them automatically as the vacuum should!

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll need to give the spawned unit custom armour with versus=0%, and make the "end animation" able to deal damage to that armour type.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know how to use ripple dude, and wave beams is the only thing I've forgot to mention while reading the documentation =.="

MRMIdAS wrote:
You'll need to give the spawned unit custom armour with versus=0%, and make the "end animation" able to deal damage to that armour type.

What do you mean?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's true Graion, forgot about the fact units like to auto attack when they're being pulled. Would be nice if Paralyzes= would stop them from firing, but of course not.

So with Ares, make a new [ArmorTypes] section.
[ArmorTypes]
Special_3=0%

[BlackHoleInf]
Armor=Special_3

[BlackHoleWH]
Versus.Special_3=1000%

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will it kill the victim's units too? I've finished working on the WH and the Black Hole thing

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gamefreak11221 wrote:
I know how to use ripple dude, and wave beams is the only thing I've forgot to mention while reading the documentation =.="

MRMIdAS wrote:

What do you mean?

Because if you don't, it'll get attacked when you plonk it in the enemies base.

the end animation is to kill the unit.

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for clearing guys! How can i make the final animation to kill the units under its radius? Is there a special tag to do so?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Create a 1x1x1 dummy frame link it to the anim via Next, add a warhead and damage to it, and let those do your bidding.

=======================

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, it works fine now but it overkills the buildings with the same damage as it does to its units.

Is there a way to separate the damage that will be given to the buildings from the units?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, yeah.

You have to use NPatch or Ares for the anim-method, due to YR has animwarheads hardcoded to C4Warhead, or instead of having this dummy anim, spawn a particle with similar settings, where even YR follows the warhead.

=======================

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
[BlackHoleWH]
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,70%,50%,20%,100%,100%
Versus.Special_3=1000%

Edit the bold to your liking. The end animation is meant to kill everything, there's no way to do continuous aura-tic damage without being able to A) Add new rad fields; B) spawn even more infantry that just attack at Range=1 - 2 creating more lag and less accurate deaths.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,I'd like a try.Should I succeed,I will post here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yoo,it is done,but not like RA3 after all.I shouldnt have used that damn debris method,it is rather unstable.
If someone wants to better it,you should set starter unit's explosion to a shp in which is drawn the falling bomb,and use next to link it to the smoke ring.
There are also other details,sorry I didnt modify them after all.

logic:
drop a starter unit,it fires and spawns 81+9 invisible infantry,that do the locomotor attack and EMP.On their firing anim attached a timer that clears the infantry up when the sw is over.

The same time,its firing animation creates debris that kills starter unit.For on water use,the gattling logic will do.(The best will be no debris,just use weapon suicide and use the death explosion anim as bomb fall and use next to make smoke ring.I used meteor because I didnt want to draw the bomb falling)

The smoke ring is attached an invisible animation that can damage buildiings,tanks and kill infantry.
When the smoke ring is over,it next to another anim that kills all tanks inside.

You should use Ares with them
video
http://www.moddb.com/members/mk1/videos

Someone make some animation for it instead of the placeholders

vacuumimploder.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  vacuumimploder.rar
 Filesize:  170.22 KB
 Downloaded:  220 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
demented
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your link doenst show the right video, unless you search for it;)

this link should do:

http://www.moddb.com/members/mk1/videos/vacuum#imagebox

You might possibly could make this weapon effect buildings too. As the building gets damaged, it changes how it looks. Also, as I saw with ares, building death animations can be done. So, what you would need to do, if possible make every building to spawn vehicle type particles as it gets damaged. And/or when it gets destroyed completely. Apart from being super cool realism - the building spawns permanent debris, these particles would be sucked in by your superweapon too. Else, they would simply fall on the ground.

I am kinda noob in modding, but can there be more than 3 phases of building health, that changes it looks? Can building spawn his particles that way? Dunno. If not, maybe at least near-dead building could be forced to deploy into something, that spawns those vehicle-type particles? Any of that can help your superweapon somehow.

Btw, Aircraft can be lifted with magnetron. Once I lifted Harrier from it's landing pad.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, your ideas are too far out for this game engine as there is distinctions between units and then debris and buildings etc, not all operate on same principles or even have same way of interracting and your ideas rely on assuming that all things work and can work on same way, but they do not.

Building death anims are generic feature which occur always the same regardless what causes the demolition, there is no special linking to tell game do special treatment by special weapon, such feats are far out usual modder realm unless got talented executable patchers.

Nice trick has some merit but I have to say liking my own execution better I did awhile back.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I can't wait to see it!Very Happy

demented
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cant the building spawn something as a death weapon?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course every building can use a deathweapon, it just triggers always, not under special conditions thus like most things is global effect, admittedly npext/gz bypass of supress deathweapon into all weapons except vacuum could achieve wanted effect so unique only to vacuum but basic game this is not achievable but then again this would also sacrifice that function to that one goal globally, prices to pay.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Apollo
Can't wait to see another trick on that!Please post somewhere

demented
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah, same death weapon for all deaths. no matter how building dies - make it spawn its parts as a vehicles. if vacuum weapon active somewhere nearby, those particles will naturally get sucked in, for they are vehicles. That's what this super weapon do - sucks vehicles. If not vacuum weapon - particles will fall on ground and stay there as realistic debris, that can be interacted with.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vehicle Particles??!!What the hell is that

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The amount of lag that would cause would be enormous though, not to mention the fact the AI wouldn't kill civvie vehicles to build where it just had a building, it would kill AI teams pretty quickly with debris in the way. That's why debris is the way it is.

Also, you might want to ask someone from the Ares team how to modify the locomotor (preferably change the locomotor weapon the vacuum bomb uses to the DropPod locomotor so it doesn't conflict with the Magnetron) to move straight to its destination instead of up-and-over and at a faster speed.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude what's the point?Droppod locomotor cannot be used in locomotor beam warhead,you will get IE as soon as a vehicle is grabbed.
But wait,as we have attach effect in ares ,you can use that damaging warhead to create a debris emitter animation on the buildings.Then buildings affected by the imploder will drop debris out.

demented
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Vehicle Particles??!!What the hell is that

ech... dying building spawns a vehicles with its death weapon. those vehicles will be our debris.

this debris should have self damaging weapon, so it dies after awhile.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Dude what's the point?Droppod locomotor cannot be used in locomotor beam warhead,you will get IE as soon as a vehicle is grabbed.

That's why I said to edit it, the reason it errors out is the fact the loco beam can't handle the "drop" movement, if you copy the locomotor code from the magnetron, then edit it. BAM. you have a new straightforward locomotor. THAT WORKS.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should show how to edit it.I asked AlexB, the answer was "no way".And as far as I know no locomotor can make the grabbed unit directly fly to the center. It is not just some edit to do, but we should make clear if it is possible .Will Ares make THE LOCOMOTOR? Who knows.

And how does Apollo's trick look like, curious to see.

demented
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"this debris should have self damaging weapon, so it dies after awhile."

i got even better idea! make miners (or some other specific units) to collect this debris as ore, making money some for you.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

demented wrote:
i got even better idea! make miners (or some other specific units) to collect this debris as ore, making money some for you.

That was done in Mooman65's YR Squared mod back at Cgen.com before the site went down... i personally would love to have collectable debris back.

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Kenosis:

That was just great! By the way, do you know Enemy at the Gates? The Gravity Distortion thing might also help improve how the Vacuum works

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No,that SW is my work and I know its logic cannot help.

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, Thank you so much! Hope that the conflict between yours and our country ends soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon