Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Spider Mastermind
Moderators: Delirium Staff, Ickus
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject:  Spider Mastermind Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working on this fellow for a while. still very much WIP atm.

its a process for me learning the voxeling pipeline.

I started out with all sorts of grimdark, fan fic back stories and crack 'shipping written up for him, including some crazy cacodemon-pain-elemental spawning rules code ideas, but some things just best left as is.

Basically after playing DOOM several masterminds rebelled against Yuri and began to worship demon scrin on the moon.

Kind of a special boss unit. i guess cue hexapod/cabal

It's also kind of a tribute unit to some old folks. To Ackron, he started one up and never really got to finish it =/. Also goes to Dafool for our attempts at a DOOM RTS mod back in the day, alas. cest la vie.

and of course to PPMers still here, that don't want another Abrams tank clogging up in their .MIXES

Overall liking the process and work flow but here the main points where I am with it.

-Next step for me is animation of legs.

- I might play with slight proportions to make it more heavier and bossier feeling. This this isnt your rejected Mastermind. its a creature made out of pure rage and headache.

-Its hard to see its face and teeth where it will be spittin lost soul gattlin' plasma from.

-The yuri schemed looked icky so I left it a dark metallic "cabal" flavour for now. There some spots here and there that need clean up.

SPIDERMINDS.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.75 KB
 Viewed:  11693 Time(s)

SPIDERMINDS.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lookin' nice. VXL with some nicely animated HVA?

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scriny =)

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks absolutely stunning. How it shows up in-game is an unknown, but the fact you made a voxel with that type of form with such clean and crisp detailing is impressive on its own.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not SHP? I'd have thought that'd be a lot easier and would look better - but hey, looks amazing anyway Ickus! Big fan of this stuff Very Happy

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments. This is just more or less a stepping stone. I'm surprised they came out pretty well. I'd expect some odd normals but damn.

spiderminds_ingame.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.05 KB
 Viewed:  11638 Time(s)

spiderminds_ingame.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really nice.

Maybe we could see a evolution, like each of them has a different size? #Tongue

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow really scriny nice work over all =)

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thankies! well i wanted this to be a one time thing. because yea my natural reaction is. cue hyperbole and a half.

MAKE....ALL THE DEMONS!

It was originally set to be one my horror themed RA2 fan fics bubbles of mutated masterminds that "awoken" after Yuri's imprisonment or whatever. Inspired by octobrains, cacodemons and pain elementals. (oh my!) and of course my obsession with previous grimdark mary sues, I've created in the past here @PPM, may they RIP.

I am considering like making it a like the allied destroyer where it can release its cacodemon-horrorterror-shaped brain from the chassis to rain down rage/virus inducing hallucinations of lost souls .

but I digress.

I might make a little version as the arachnatron because now after animating it, looks weird because the legs don't look like they are really supporting it. more like floating and appears too low to the ground.

So some redesigning is happening atm.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have missed you, you crazy purple Jellyfish thing. Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come back to design cute Tibby monsters for us! Sad

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So some redesigning is happening atm.

They happen pretty often, eh?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I have missed you, you crazy purple Jellyfish thing

much grimlubbs <3 n_n

Crimmy wrote:
Come back to design cute Tibby monsters for us!

aww, it's has beenz awhile, but I think TI is good 'n sexy w/o me. <3

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon