Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
extracting models
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject:  extracting models Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a way to extract units and buildings while keeping the rigs and every thing else about them intact so that they can be imported into another game?

eg KW or some thing

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rigs? What do you mean with that?
Also, do note that Generals uses W3D, and TibWars (and on) uses W3X. I think you should be able to convert them with little problem, but I may be wrong.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the rigs, animations or what ever it is that make the buildings and units do what they do.

like say i extracted the ...... Chinese battle tank, i would still want it to work like it did in generals in the way that, its turret works, the cannon fires etc.

the dust from tracks im not worried about or any thing, just the actual functioning of it

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a way to do that in the extracting and importing of units?

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, Generals has 2 types of model movements: animations and code-wise movement.

The Battlemaster and most other vehicles use in-game code to make the turret turn and barrel move, in model form it are just loose meshes that can freely move around, i doubt that would be a problem to import.

Animations are stuf like the gattling barrels, warfactory doors opening, etc. animations can be extracted just as good, but might be a lot of work to get them in a different model format.

What i'm more worried about is whether you can get the model to still be textured when extracted, i personally have some bad experience with that.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah im not much of a testure artist, i can model things no problem ...... in XSI/Softimage

doing this for me is more than just trying to get some fun out of the games, it will also help me by using other programs because i am aspiring to actually join the ranks of a company in the production of games.

the more i can learn to do b4 hand = the more valuable i can become.

and yes its fun to mess with things too ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon