Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Great Purge
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject:  Great Purge Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As most of you know D-day is split up into five different "time frames", each with its own set of units. There is also a sixth mode that lets you play using units from all of the time frames put together, as well as many other units.

Because of the large amount of units that are available in this mode its prone to the WhiteBoy Bug, which makes the game freezes if there are more then 75 units displayed in a tab.

So far only America, Britain & Germany have breached the 75 limit, so to stop the game from hanging when you play as those sides some of their units will have to be disabled. This is hopefully only a temporary measure until this bug is fixed by the Ares team.

Here is a list of the units that I've chosen to disabled, if there is a unit you'd prefer to stay tho I'm open to other suggestions. Even though these units wont be buildable you can still find most of them in bonus crates.

America:
Dodge 1.5t
CKW-353
Dodge WC51
M8
M22 Locust
M39
M4A3E2 "Jumbo" Sherman
T57
T30
T31
T34
M41 Gorilla
M46 Patton
P-38 Lightning
P-39 Airacobra
CH-34 Choctaw
Landing Ship Medium "Rocket"

Britain:
Bedford MW
Morris C8 "Quad"
Morris C8 GS
Bison
Bob Semple
Tank Mk.I
Gun Carrier Mk.I
Cromwell Mk.III
Churchill Mk.III
Hurricane Mk.IIc
Spitfire Mk.IX
Royal Oak

Germany:
Kubelwagen
Opel Blitz
Maultier
Sd.Kfz 234
Kugelblitz 38(d)
Waffentrager 38(d)
A7V
Großkampfwagen
Dickermax
VK3002(DB)
VK4502(P) Ausf.B
Panzerwerfer 42
Bergepanzer IV
Midgard
P-1000 Rat
Me-410 Hornisse
Do-335 "Pfeil"
FW Treibflugle
DB Project "C"
BMW Flugelrad

PS: Each time frame also has a corresponding "Unholy Alliance" game mode, where you have access to every sides buildings. You will eventually get the Whiteboy bug in these game modes too but it will require building most of the sides tech trees, so it's recommended to only build a few at a time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, luckily it seems there is some progress with Whiteboy bug. One of the branches I've tested some time ago had it fixed but it still needs more tests.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have actually been wondering why this bug is such a low priority to fix for years but thats good news then Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I talked to DCoder & tested out the branch with the Whiteboy fix & it worked fine! Was the first time I properly played the full Unholy Alliance mode, having over 400 units on one tab meant it took awhile to scroll threw them all XP

So you can ignore this topic now! Nothing to see, move along...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was the building-clickbug fixed upon that branch? Last time i checked it it was so wacky that we all looked O_o upon it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't notice anything wrong with the buildings, there was about 80 of them in the building tab too BTW.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
having over 400 units on one tab meant it took awhile to scroll threw them all XP

Keyboard shortcuts are really helpful here.
I know this from playing TS in 640x480 with only 4 units visible and 70 units available in the list. Using the keyboard shortcut to scroll down pages, it's a lot easier/faster than using the mouse.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon