Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
If EA released the TS/RA2 source...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject:  If EA released the TS/RA2 source... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, let's say we all live in this perfect imaginary world, where EA decides to freely release the source for Tiberian Sun/Red Alert 2... What could we achieve if we got our hands on it? Look at what's been done in the Doom community since id Software released the source, we've got some fantastic stuff from that place.

For starters, hardcoded stuff would no longer be a problem so we could add new superweapons. What else could be done? Move the sidebar (God forbid)? MP3 playback support? Add new theaters? Throw out your wacky ideas and modding wet dreams.

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would mean a community build Tiberian Twilight which will POWN the EA one.

Edit: I meant Twilight

Last edited by Max Lee on Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dream, baby, dream.... and wake up next millenium #Tongue...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would mena better mods,but most importantly it would open the doors to cheaters, with free access to teh source they would exploit it..... which we all want don't we(sarcasum). And TT would b made in the generals engine not old TS/RA2.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bleh the TS community don't need to worry about cheaters, cause anyone not part of the modding community isn't on XWIS most likely, so no worries.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We could have actuall bug-free ships, like in RA! Smile

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the other hand...

there wouldnt be much challege to coding anymore i mean, those limitations, do cramp our modding exploits, but yet figuring a way around the nasty hardcoding to implement those exploits was a bit fun.

but We all could do without nasty hardcodes, anyways here somethings on my wishlist for RA2.

The AI Generals where rather interesting idea, I would love to know what controls them, besides the AI.ini. Heck, maybe make the player choose which kind of AI, instead of the difficulty. Or just make it random, lol poor newbies, against Hellish AI. I would have it that they actually expand their base and doesnt have that damn extra mcv bug, where they build an extra one, building two of everything!

Better spirite control, *ponders* Is it possible to have a SHP unit have two different attack frames, maybe three?

Sounds, not sure but has anyone reached the 999 limit yet?

New Theaters, oh yes! With unlimited options, more than one water tile set, and one lava one, or even toxic goo that actually damages units ! with morphable LAT tiles. QUICK SAND!

Unlimited, everything!!!

as for Tiberium Types, that actually mutate nearby trees, and turn them into blossom trees or just mutate them into fonas or something, and have actual forest fires, were they burn down like in RA1, instead of playing the shadow frame, and disappearing, *ponders*

when tanks crush infantry, I want the Ra1 splat/corpse decay logic back! lol and have that as a special case overlay, were it could be harvested, eaten, and ressurected. Wink

Structures can fire parasite weapons, spawning units, actual tiberium spreading weapons.

Units, can visually be upgraded, and have damage frames, I know a nightmare for SHP artists..oy. but that would be cool to have elite units stand out besides promotion, maybe get a growth logic.

Ivanbomber logic compabilable with Secondary= (damn thing! its one or the other!)

separate Cloaking and Submerging, and Transparency!
(is that even possible, making units just transparent but not cloaked?)

No sure if im correct about this, unlimited IFV unittypes.

Nod Style airstrip

lol thats enough for now,

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love a nod style airstrip in TS...

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Random weather conditions, rain that washes debree away and creates pools.

Max Lee
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some solution to

1) keep the tiles
2) allow units to be bigger than 1 tile and occupy more then 1 tile.

So you could actually make the TS Mammoth 3 times as big, and tell the game that it's 3x3 tiles big so you won't get units sliding into eachther, which you can clearly see when you move a few RA2 Carriers around. Those would be 1x3 btw.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

;tanks etc leave debris on the landscape
;particle system explosions (dirt etc) goes flying randomly
;snow theater biuldings gradually get snow covered
;weather as sk8erkid said
;proply working unit spawning biuldings instead of my 'buggy' version
;reloading units (eg sudden strike)

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Supersonic
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you phone them and ask or something because ra2 has got a good game engine but EA/westwood did not fully use it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum