Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 am
All times are UTC + 0
Edited Westwood maps
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject:  Edited Westwood maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would Westwodd have anything against uploading some maps, taken from Ra2 and edited by me, without taking any credits for creating them ?

Last edited by Chriss Rock on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They don't give shit, but you should still mention that it's their map to begin with.

Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, i was going to do that Very Happy
Thanx, 001

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account
Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: a little help with INI coding Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a question about this INI editing stuff in maps. So, in my mod i've made almost all civilian cars and people cary suicide bombs and i want the maps to have this feature. I've did something like this before, only once. I can't remember what i have to do, but here's what i think i have to do and i want you to tell me if i'm right or wrong.

Step1. I'll make a new ini file with GetDiz (my favorite text editor, along with Notepad++, cuz they're more customizeable) called Civs, Civilians, or whatever. In it i make a section for each civilian and civilian car, and each section will look like this:

[CIV1]
Primary=SuicideBomb
Explodes=yes
DeathWeapon=SuicideBomb
CanRetaliate=no
CanPassiveAquire=no

[CIV2]
Primary=SuicideBomb
Explodes=yes
DeathWeapon=SuicideBomb
CanRetaliate=no
CanPassiveAquire=no

and so on.
I also have to add in this ini the sections for the weapons and warheads, like i did in my rules.ini. Hope everythings ok 'till this point.

Step2. After i created the ini file and added everything in it, i open up my map in FA, "Edit=> INI editing => Insert another INI file content".
Am i right, or wrong ?
Sorry if this is a useless post, but i want to be sure that i'm not doing any mistakes Very Happy

Bugsey827
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That method works, but I, and most others apparently, prefer to add any additional INI to maps by opening the map in a text editor, then adding our code there.

Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugsey827 wrote:
That method works, but I, and most others apparently, prefer to add any additional INI to maps by opening the map in a text editor, then adding our code there.

I just opened the map with Notepad++ and yeah, i could've done it this way, if i would have known about it ... it's faster, and easier too Very Happy

Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enough talk, and let's show some work Laughing ...
I just finished editing the second map, took me 1/2 days for 2 maps Very Happy
If you don't already know the maps they're MayDay and Isle of War.
I'm sorry but these are the best previews that i can offer.

Here's a little info of what's new:
May Day:
- added dirt roads (annoying pieces of terrain)
- added/removed/moved some buildings
- the are about 200+ buildings to garrison
- Kamikaze civilians for you (if you can build Yuri) Laughing
- somewhere in the East there's an Allied Battle Lab
- in the NW there's a Soviet Barracks and a Nuclear Reactor
- 2 Allied Barracks (near the Airport in the SE and near the center of the map)
- and that's it
[Edit] - damn, i forgot to mention the the Psychic Beacon is now a SpySat, and costs 2000, sorry

Isle of War:
- added/removed some buildings
- added plenty of Oil Derricks
- there's an Allied and a Soviet Refinery
- there'a an Allied conyard near the middle of the map
- added dirt roads (i've been to hell and back with these damn roads)
- NE => Nuke Silo, Iron Curtain
- SW=> ChronoSphere, Weather Controller
do i need to say anything more ?

May Day preview.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.82 KB
 Viewed:  3468 Time(s)

May Day preview.JPG

Isle of War preview.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.54 KB
 Viewed:  3468 Time(s)

Isle of War preview.JPG

maps, maps, maps.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  maps, maps, maps.rar
 Filesize:  168.99 KB
 Downloaded:  237 Time(s)

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isle of war looks nice with those islands, I might try cleaning up the westwood maps myself actually ;p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon