Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Whats all this about C&C Alliances
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject:  Whats all this about C&C Alliances Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just ran across this trailer, looks legit..can't possibly be a mod

It's clear they probably feel a little threatened by End of Nations and want to try their own hand at MMORTS.
I also like how it appears that they're FINALLY digging into the golden roots of the C&C franchise: not only recreating the old style, but even using "stomp" as the song for the ad - and I could SWEAR I hear the old Westwood logo sound in the beginning.

As always though, I will wait till the fat lady sings before getting my hopes up.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like how they have reused the exact stomp music soundtrack from the Tiberian Sun sizzler trailer

Either way it looks like another pile is crap C&C to add to the EA list

Team Black wrote:
I also like how it appears that they're FINALLY digging into the golden roots of the C&C franchise: not only recreating the old style

I disagree

But anyway, you can't judge a game by its publisher or previous franchise releases... you can get a pretty good idea though

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have access to the forum and the option to play this...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:

Review? Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, I just signed up for the beta. I don't see why this can be bad at all. If it fails then so what, it's just a spin off - this is what C&C4 should have been (and probably was going to be).

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
CCHyper wrote:

Review? Very Happy

It starts tommorow, I think. Oh well, waiting for the key now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The good thing about all this it's that by making this game, EA is in some way throwing away C&C4, like they had realised that they screwed up the Tiberium Universe... so perhaps the next C&C (after Generals 2 of course) will be some kind of "replacement" for C&C4 and its horrible story, then Kane returning... Joe Kucan...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it's a cute little facebook game, if anything, so it's nothing really bad.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice. Still, the amount of hate towards this side project is absurd. Have these people not heard of Generals 2?

Inb4 EA SUX!! RIP WESTWOOD butthurt rants.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
Looks nice. Still, the amount of hate towards this side project is absurd. Have these people not heard of Generals 2?

Generals 2 have technical quality of it's side. TiberiumVille... not as much.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberiumVille Indeed.

"I need help raising my army to level 3! Come join me and receive BONUS XP!"

Please God, make it stop.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberFCSL wrote:
The good thing about all this it's that by making this game, EA is in some way throwing away C&C4, like they had realised that they screwed up the Tiberium Universe... so perhaps the next C&C (after Generals 2 of course) will be some kind of "replacement" for C&C4 and its horrible story, then Kane returning... Joe Kucan...

I hope not. Kane is a dead story element. He needs to go away already. Kucan phoned it in for C&C4 anyway. No more Kane. For the love of god no more.

Steam

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like Tiberium Alliances, and I normally hate games like this.

Not only is this not on Facebook, but this is pretty much workable as both solo and as groups. You don't need friends to make stronger forces/bases. It's worth a try with a fresh mind.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it just was a RTS game, I'd love it. But by now, I find it boring.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn I still haven't been given access... Sad

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How is it boring if the base player shields haven't even been lifted? Nothing has happened yet except for the techup.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
I like how they have reused the exact stomp music soundtrack from the Tiberian Sun sizzler trailer

afai can tell they didn't, the TS sizzle used a Stomp/Nod Crush hybrid, this one is Stomp only. And, in fact, it sounds like it was improved/re-arranged a little. It sounds "more stereo" than the original Stomp, if you listen closely.

Durandal
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my personal opinion it's just one of those boring Browser-based MMOs. Reminds me of another MMORTS I found online.

I reserve judgement on this one - like I said before, it reminds me of another browser RTS. I got bored of that one quick, so I'll likely get bored of this one, too.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Navy SEAL wrote:
there is another game like this, only its about TS
http://dreamcaseal.com/tibsun/
Congratz, you just killed this topic.

Anyway, that's the site of a guy who has made all kinds of "graphical enhancement" (which in reality looked worse) mods using stolen assets for TS, and who has a hobby of trolling around different forums just annoying people. Shortbus is his other name, if I remember right. Nothing to do with C&C Alliances.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I admire the guy's efforts on making TS an MMORTS, I dislike his snobbishness. This is pretty much a dick move. Like as if he cares though.

Come to think of it, what he's doing is rather pointless. He's making the exact same game as CnC Alliances and using stock TS stuff which looks like crap by now. Won't you rather play TI online? What he's doing is just making the same game for WW fanboys.

EDIT: Oh look! Now he's making a Starcraft MMO. May Blizzard have mercy on his soul...

Dammit! Late post but I still gotta say something.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude. That's Shortbus. Seriously. Anything he does is worthless.

Steam

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Dude. That's Shortbus. Seriously. Anything he does is worthless.

I wonder what kind of mental disease this guy has to keep on being a dick.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah those are definitely pretty damn simi.. correction, almost identical. Not coincidence at any rate. Wouldn't be so bad if it was just inspiration, but hell, they just lifted off the entire designs all way up to some rather specific details. Lamers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 lost Baneblade found, 99 to go.

Forgotten confirmed as related to the Death Skullz Ork clan for being able to loot a Baneblade.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I first saw the Baneblade, I thought it was a hoax.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time to redesign the Baneblade in TO?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post-C&C3 unit designers (sans Beam Cannon and other abominations) have been shit, but now they can't even make their own designs?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like dutchy you are only one with that problem, link still works fine, either way news story is same as the one you link more or less.

In any case, EA backtracks

http://kotaku.com/5901887/ea-says-warhammer+looking-tanks-wont-show-up-in-command--conquer-after-all

"Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved," an EA representative told Kotaku. "The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta."

Yeah right, internal concept art leaks that has forgotten unit names and stuff also put into them...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what really bothers me is that EA really knows how to re use material time and time and time again, for example scenes from this TA trailer were ALSO a first trailer for tiberium wars

Hydraw Art on Facebook

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Serious need of redesigning. Also, a certain other company ripped off GW but did a great work not making their stuff look blatant. Not like GW had problems with it though (but saying," 'Nids remind me of Zergs" is just you signing your death warrant)...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scrin remind me of zerg

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
Serious need of redesigning. Also, a certain other company ripped off GW but did a great work not making their stuff look blatant. Not like GW had problems with it though (but saying," 'Nids remind me of Zergs" is just you signing your death warrant)...

Can I say that Marines remind me of Marines, or Space Elves remind me of Space Elves?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Leaks of concept art? Why put it on Facebook then you morons? God, which arse leads the TA FB page then >_>

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF Freedom Fighter. Blizzard was originally hired by Games Workshop to develop the first Warhammer game. Halfway through development, GW decided to not make a game version of their series but allowed Blizzard to keep their project they had been working on. That was the birth of Starcraft 1, 14 years ago. Terrans are Space Marines, Protoss are Eldar, and Zerg are Tyranids.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know it's not a C&C RTS but it is a C&C themed game with a cool concept. Ginormous alliances is key because everyone meets up in the middle of the map at some point then it's a cluster F***. Been playing for a few weeks and it's keeping me entertained... So Far...

Username: lxTSxl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh and Im on server 5

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im addicted to this stupid game! Rolling Eyes

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i feel so old, i even remember when zerg were called zurg...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
WTF Freedom Fighter. Blizzard was originally hired by Games Workshop to develop the first Warhammer game. Halfway through development, GW decided to not make a game version of their series but allowed Blizzard to keep their project they had been working on. That was the birth of Starcraft 1, 14 years ago. Terrans are Space Marines, Protoss are Eldar, and Zerg are Tyranids.

I always knew there was something eerily too similar to them. And this just confirms it even more... Laughing

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's alright, but I don't understand the blind hatred behind it.

Oh, and for reasons I can't really discuss, Generals 2 will be better than EoN. Period.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't mind if I bump this thread? How many of you here are playin' this? I'm playin' as Nod over at World 9. Was pretty disappointed to learn that The Forgotten is an NPC faction cuz I wanna play as them so badly Mad

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
Don't mind if I bump this thread? How many of you here are playin' this? I'm playin' as Nod over at World 9. Was pretty disappointed to learn that The Forgotten is an NPC faction cuz I wanna play as them so badly Mad

Your not alone... guess i'll hold back until they make Forgotten a Playable Side Which I think will not ever happen. -_-

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum