Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Version 1.2 Preview
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject:  Version 1.2 Preview
Subject description: Not official, changes may still occur
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a preview of Version 1.2!

Here is a new 1 vs 1 map, i'm not into snow maps too much but I will still make a few for those who do!

Since GDI got a unit overhaul (the Ghost) last update, I thought Nod could use one. Introducing the Termite Mine:

I also added new sounds when selecting a structure. Each building has a unique (not original TS) selection audio to give the mod some atmosphere.

And also some changes to unit stats and structure to balance a few issues out.

I have some cool features upcoming in future updates so stay up to date! Have a nice day Smile

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the mine idea and the cameo is definitely nice.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent graphics for the Mine and a damned awesome looking map, good use of negative light posts by the looks of it.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lately ive been working on a creating a new game type where there are objectives and a type of progression that the player must go through to defeat the enemy.

Conquest type maps will have structures that will give a powerfull advantage over the enemy, and will proabably be where the majory of battles will occur. Since I removed the EMP cannon I thought id bring it back.

The first map I designed for the Conquest game type is TS3_Hurricane. The map has 2 refinery's located on remote islands out of reach of land units. Capturing and defending the refinery would bring a large source of income. Nod would not be able to capture and bring a harvester to the island so a Nod Carryal will be able to be contructed. (only available on this particular map). A EMP is placed between the two bases and within fireing distance, holding the EMP would bring a great advantage to the player who holds it. The EMP hitpoints have been drastically increased, so simply destroying the strucuture is not a option.

There will be more conquest type maps with new units and capturable tech building. Also with a neutral faction that must be destroyed to reach the other players base.

I will focus on GDI in this update, here are some of the changes that will be in version 1.2 .

Orca Bomber
- Hitpoints reduced
- New cameo

Orca Fighter
- New Cameo

Hover MRLS
- New Voxel

Security tower
- Now has a 5 space radius stealth sensor

Mobile Sensor Array
- Cost reduced to 750
- Sensor radius reduced to 11 spaces

Mammoth Tank
- Reduced AA rocket damage

I will also be doing a Aircraft overhaul on the orca bomber, fighter, and banshee. See ya then!

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are a few cameo's that will come with 1.2, I wasnt planning on remaking all the cameos but it looks like I almost already did #Tongue

Last edited by Aydra on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beautiful cameos, better than Westwood's

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks ace! Those cameos are awesome. Played 1.1 a few weeks back and it was good, although it seemed there was an error where I could build the Mk2 before the Mammoth.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill have to check it out. If you guys run into any other problems/glitches plz pm me. Ive been having a problem with crashes lately, and I linked to the spotlight on the security tower. I want to have it on, but if it crashes it will be a no go.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are the super weapons any different?

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not yet, i might get to it in version 1.3. The EMP is available again, but you'll have to fight for it!

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the improvements to the missiles because they were dire in normal TS.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see that Westwood made alot of their unitsby converting their models into voxels. And if you open them up in voxel editor, they are just a mess.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know you said this but.....Can you make more snow maps instead of regular dirt maps like most of your other ones? its like a 4 to 1 ratio for snow vs regular map on your mods.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah I can, you could always download other maps and then drop them into the game directory if there are others you particularily like.

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra Just a note for your maps you are seriously lacking lighting. Link below is an example old yes but of a map that has good lighting and how much difference it makes Smile
edit:http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13156 oops forgot the link

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehh are you joking? Look at those previews above, there's tonnes of lighting.

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try playing frozen fate then his maps you should see what i mean

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...His map isn't purple. That seems to be the only difference really, lightingwise.

DeathlyRose
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the point is ingame the feeling you get while playing or at least for me is very different. Lighting can make all the difference for how fun a map is too play on thats the point i'm trying too make.

Edit: Another thing i forgot too add gameplay maps everything when designing or modifying a game should be based on too improve a gamplay and how fun it is too play. It doesn't matter if the game or mod in question is spent millions on, if its boring its worth less then what was spent on too make it be it time or money. Most people these days i see always forgot either the one or the other or both altogther.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wait, I'm sorry, someone didn't do oversaturated lighting all over a map like everything is the deepest cores of the red zone and it's bad? His maps are awesome, and his light usage is pretty damn good.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Snow lighting should be pretty subtle anyway, imo.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks all, actually what I could improve some is color ratio. I left each map at 1.0 RGB and I could have tweaked it a little to give a different atmosphere, Deatlhyrose might be talking about that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon