Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
fdmfdm-mod
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject:  fdmfdm-mod
Subject description: the red alert mod made by fdmfdm
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi all, im working on a mod atm, made by me with source code of outhers,
i have given the apocalypse tank a anti air missle weapon instead of the harpoon (altough it still gives the light bulb with the harpoonmode) but it does not shoot the laser and shoots missles at the airplanes.

i have also added the cronotank from
The Chrono Technology Source
~by TheWorms

but im working on the chief scientist, for the soviets, from http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28650 question 8, but it does not say he missed anything but some voice files, but he is invisible, any idea why? it is not a mistake i made, as the actual mod for the scientist is without the 3d model as well,
do you guys know where i can get it?

besides that im planning on a couple more changes such as the ability for the soviets to make a battle bunker without having to use a engeneer for it, ill bring in the archer maidens for the soviets if i can get that sources code, i will change the order of the special powers, and make it so that you can get all 15, and i can manage that i want to build in that if you have all 15 you will get a special unit 1 single time (im thinking of giga fortress, harbinger and tesla mamoth, if i can get their source code)

im open for any ideas and any tips Smile

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have original idea's?

and the Archer Maiden for the soviets?

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoops thats a typo Very Happy meant for japan Very Happy

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing you are adding is stuff from uprising and Mammoth missiles. You can do more! Think what will separate your mod from the few juggernauts in ra3 modding.

Everyone adds the chronotank and tesla tank! What do you WANT to add?

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, as this is a practice for a possible future education in either game programming or game design (3moddeling or concept art) i was planning on looking if i could make a new unit, possibly a chrono legionnaire as that was my favorite unit in RA2, but im new to making 3d animations (not to the moddeling itself) and i have never actually painted a 3d design of mine, but considering the size, i guess that wont be that hard Very Happy but this will be done after the rest, and will take some trial and error and therefor loads of time Very Happy

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well one, if your out to make games, RA3 modding is an odd start.

Two, here's a little idea, use these two tutorials, two free tools (notepad++ and Gimp) the CnC3 art pack and turn a GDI Zone trooper into a Chrono Leg.

That will get you noiced.

and BTW, the harb source is in the ModSDK for RA3. It's the sample mod.

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Xd i would not call it a start, more a extra besides the other things.

but i have been searching for a working version of the chiefscientist, as i really want to put that on in the mod, but somehow i cant find a working source code.
everything is working except for the animations, he is invisible right now....
this is not really usefull XD

i do have the asset files, which should have the animation, but how to i extract those files?

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you declare them in the XML?

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes i did

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you working from a source or are you coding yourself?

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im using the source code from http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/commandconquerredalert3/mod/37724.html

as listed in http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28650

i tested that mod, and it doesn't work as mod itself, so it should not be my mistake, but in the mod itself Sad

altough i think im going to have to reinstall red alert as for some reason it has been corrupted and shows 0 maps at skirmish and does not allow me to participate, and therefor i cant play a game of skirmish Very Happy

but that will be fixed quickly #Tongue[/url]

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what version of RA3 are you using?

And your SDK, are you using add ons?

Did you put the art in the right place?

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im using 1.12, but as i said, the original mod did not work properly, so the source code wont work either Wink

but if i cant get it working ill leave the chiefscientist for now.

btw an idea i came up with at school today, which might just work and be a salvation for a problem i was having,.... im going to try to make ore refineries lvl up after mining an certain ammount of ore, after which they give money as oil dericks do.
this is because i cant get the orenodes to be more filled Very Happy

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, fixed my red alert by deleting the skirmish.ini file Very Happy so at least that has been fixed, gonna try that refinery thing now Very Happy

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fdmfdm wrote:
im using 1.12, but as i said, the original mod did not work properly, so the source code wont work either Wink

but if i cant get it working ill leave the chiefscientist for now.

Were are you putting the art files. the .TGA/.DDS, XML and W3X files.

Quote:

btw an idea i came up with at school today, which might just work and be a salvation for a problem i was having,.... im going to try to make ore refineries lvl up after mining an certain ammount of ore, after which they give money as oil dericks do.
this is because i cant get the orenodes to be more filled Very Happy

Well you are having original ideas

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have tried pretty much all imaginable places to put them Very Happy
just in the mod folder, in the data folder, in the art folder, in the art folder in the data folder

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.

Art goes in the art folder following the first two letters

SDK->Art->SU

if the first two letters are SU(Soviet Unit)

Same goes for other EA and similar assets, like NB(Nod Building) AU(Allied Unit) and etc.

fdmfdm
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt wrote:
No.

Art goes in the art folder following the first two letters

SDK->Art->SU

if the first two letters are SU(Soviet Unit)

Same goes for other EA and similar assets, like NB(Nod Building) AU(Allied Unit) and etc.

yep tried that one as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum