Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun 3 v1.3 Preview (Updated)
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun 3 v1.3 Preview (Updated)
Subject description: Official preview
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey again, ive got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is version 1.3 will not have subfactions. I've sucessfully added subfactions and everything was working 100% except I had to replace the MCV with a mobile base unit that would do the same thing as a MCV. The reason I posponed it was the large work load and extra balancing I wasn't ready to do. I want to add second functions to each unit and by making an extra 6 units and the new mcv making it 7 it was causing problems with units just being replaced or becoming useless. I want each unit to be usefull early game and late game, and some of the new faction units would replace the role of the Raptor tank or wolverine for example. Anyways subfactions were working, but I wont be adding it this update.

The good news is I’m adding something equally oustanding! The entire game will be rescaled to 1024x768 making it the new minumum resolution. The entire UI has been overhauled/rescaled to fit the new resolution and with all new visuals! The menu’s will have all new buttons, backrounds, sounds, and music to give it a unique feel seperating it from the other mods on ppm (not that its a bad thing #Tongue)

These are still a work in progress and I will also be replacing the sliders, buttons, and font.
Main Menu: (1024x768)

Map Select: (1024x500 Widescreen)

Skirmish Menu: (1024x500 Widescreen)

And as for gameplay, GDI got a large boost of fighting speed for now the Vulcan, Sam, and RPG tower are now built with the Componant tower attached. Also the Powerplant is built with all powerturbines attached and provides 150% regular power. This is such a simple thing yet it helps GDI so much. The Ghost has been replaced with Mutant Warrior which was the Mutant Alliance faction unit. The Ghost unit animation is now used for the Nod Oracle.

The Mobile Sensor array now is built as a structure not as a vehicle and comes with new cameo’s. AI will now build the sensor array so a stealth tank rush is now alot less effective against bots.

As for maps you alreayd know of the Grand Canyons remake, I will finish detailing it and fix the map preview.

I will be making another map since I like adding 2 new maps per update and It will be a Conquest type map. There are alot more fixes that are done but I will post them later and with several screenshots. Well back to work....

Last edited by Aydra on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 am; edited 4 times in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn nice work, love your graphics style. The menu is ace and the cameos are great.

I assume you have also reorganised the LAN and internet multiplayer menu screens? Oh and I think you can just remove the Serial/Modem option unless anyone is really old school.

Also regarding menu resolutions you could have say 3 exes supporting 3 different menu resolutions, but that might not be worth it.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is ace. Absolutely amazing. I agree with OBolt. AFAIK, most people use cncnet nowadays. Maybe you could try to get in touch with Rampa to make a launcher for you. Like TI's and DTA's mod launcher. And did you try the map renderer link I gave you?

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx guys, I am working on finishing the Menu's first. I will be remaking the map preview and another map which ill be working on. I've been asked several times about being able to play my mod on Cncnet but Haven't looked into it yet.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The MSA is still mobile, right? I shudder to think about dealing with cloaked bases without them.

OmegaBolt wrote:
Also regarding menu resolutions you could have say 3 exes supporting 3 different menu resolutions, but that might not be worth it.

Or, use a launcher to select it like DTA.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The MSA is still mobile, right? I shudder to think about dealing with cloaked bases without them

Yes, it's just build deployed as structure instead out of the warfactory. Functions the exact same

OpFor_One
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Aydra, if its not too much trouble, could you please make the Mammoth Mk. II voxel bigger? The original looks like a pathetic toy.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the main menu, good work!

Massive improvement over the original

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy Shit! This work is amazing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon