Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Chain Lightning
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject:  Chain Lightning Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm doing this weapon or super weapon where i will make a chain lightning. the problem is, when the electricity hits a [BuildingType], it doesn't bounces, is there a way where you can nake the lighting "bounce" only to [InfantryType] and [UnitType] or make the lightning 'bounce" even it hits a [BuildingType]? i've already tried to make the verses against all armor type of buildings to 0%, but it still doesn't work. Just like the skills of some heroes in Warcraft.

Mav.EricK
a.k.a SuperMario649

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shrapnel doesn't occur on buildings, maybe Ares will someday fix this.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=458275#458275
=======================
Donut Arnold's great templates for TS and Ra2
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=43817

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so in other words, it's impossible? but is there a way to stop the lightning to bounce to a building?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not that I know of.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101 wrote:
but is there a way to stop the lightning to bounce to a building?

Maybe change warhead settings so it can't hit buildings?
Not sure if it still exists in RA2, but in TS you can set AV=yes on the projectile, which makes the weapon avoid targeting buildings and infantry. (can still be done via forcefiring)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O_o

I really REALLY doubt such tag even exist in RA2.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, what is it anyway? What does it stand for?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't AV the tag introduced for the Limpet Drone in Firestorm? If it is, it's not in RA2.

Edit: Most likely it's Anti Vehicle.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats correct, AV= dosent exist in RA2/YR

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Isn't AV the tag introduced for the Limpet Drone in Firestorm? If it is, it's not in RA2.

Edit: Most likely it's Anti Vehicle.

ah yep, it's the Anti-Vehicle key used for the limpet drone from firestorm.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've already tried making the warhead 0% against buildings,but it stil b0unces to buildings minus the damage. I think AV= doesnt exist,as far as i kn0w.

devil614
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shrapnel will hit any target within range, regardless of warhead, I believe.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

possible with GZ only.set the projectile to arcing to make the delay effect

22222.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  311.46 KB
 Viewed:  4303 Time(s)

22222.gif

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:

gz?? about the delay method, i used Inviso=no to the projectile and used a dummy image for it. what i can't fix is it can't bounce from building to unit/inf.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gear Zero, duh.

=======================

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101, ah yes, you just reminded me that Westwood left that bug too, so Prism Tank's weapon cannot bounce from buildings to other targets, like when you hit infantry or vehicles.
But interestingly, prism lasers scatters from terrain objects such as trees. You need to force fire at them, normally.
I did not know why Westwood did not fix that bug.
I wish also if that can be fixed so lasers will scatter around from buildings too. This is illogical to me, because I have no idea why buildings are so different than vehicles, so prism lasers cannot reflect from them, especially base defenses. They are using same 1 cell as vehicles. I understand if lasers cannot scatter from bigger buildings for example, but defenses should not be problem.... nah.... thinking to much about logics which Westwood did not follow back then.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thinking in WW logics is really simple. WW thought prism lights are not enough wide to get reflected on buildings.

It's not that illogical actually, buildings differ from vehicles A LOT even in the code.

=======================

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry GD, im not that familiar about terms, abre or other modifications. anyway, so it really can't be done.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Thinking in WW logics is really simple. WW thought prism lights are not enough wide to get reflected on buildings.

Yes, but look at Snetry Drone, Pillbox and Gattling cannon.
And now look at MasterMind, Battle Fortress, Slave Miner, Aircraft Carrier and Dreadnought. They are much wider and bigger than those defenses and yet again, lasers cannot reflect from defenses but can from much bigger vehicles. That is illogical to me.

And of course, buildings are lot differ in code and in many things.
Still I think that they should have left refracting lasers from anything it shoot.
Can Ares fix that?
But before that there is another question actually.
is refracting lasers cell based or what? I mean, when prism tank fires laser, those they scatter from current cell at other cells?
So basically building which is 4x4 like construction yards would scatter lasers from fired cell at next cell, meaning that scattered lasers will also hit same building and do multiple damage because it is huge. Thats why perhaps Westwood disabled laser scattering from buildings.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:

May I ask, how to do this? Splits logic?

2722E977-8D9A-427F-A0F2-40133FA965CF.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.09 KB
 Viewed:  786 Time(s)

2722E977-8D9A-427F-A0F2-40133FA965CF.gif

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr.Hymn wrote:
kenosis wrote:

May I ask, how to do this? Splits logic?

As was said in the original post, you need GZ, which is no longer in development and not public.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon