Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
Turrets
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:  Turrets
Subject description: Questions?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to try something new that i have never done before.

Any links please would be nice too. I'm kinda lost at this point what to do.

What i want to do.
I have these voxel Tanks with multiple turrets to act as a animation for a firing weapon, My question is can i link/swap turrect during firing stages
I've seen RA2 units use the system but i cannot replcate a soloution each of my tanks has up to extra 3 turrets (one main turret) each. Also want to be able to control the turret swing to my ROF speed for each tank.

My question's

1. Can this be done.

2. If the answer was yes what code should i use and how do i go about adding it to the tank its self.

Note
I currently have N-patch on my mod.

Ps:(Sorry about the rise of the reds thing many pardons)

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK, IsChargeTurret=yes can't co-exist with IsGattling=yes. Correct me if I'm wrong

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101 wrote:
AFAIK, IsChargeTurret=yes can't co-exist with IsGattling=yes. Correct me if I'm wrong

Correct. Does not work at all, really. So it's kind of impossible to swap turrets according to firing stages or anything like that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
geof101 wrote:

Correct. Does not work at all, really. So it's kind of impossible to swap turrets according to firing stages or anything like that.

Thanks. kinda figgered as much.

for give me if i am worng but don't you need passengers with IsChargeTurret=yes ?..

****another angle*****
What about the kind of logic is the same as the prism tank?. just how many turrets can it max-out on, given what i want below. Can i still get the effect i want?.

I wanted to play a animation of the Tank opening a value to let gas out after the weapon jerk pushes out a shell using my many turrets to make the animation happen.

So its still impossable? Embarassed

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsChargeTurret=yes is the Prism Tank turret system. It does not need passengers, just plays through the turret animation while firing it's weapon. Said logic also prevents using more than 1 weapon on the unit. I suppose that gas valve thing might be possible using this.

The logic where amount of passengers contained determines which turret graphic to use is Ares-specific Abductor (Chrono Prison) logic.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding PassengerTurret logic (contrary to popular beliefs, it does not need Abductor at all, and not even related) it only changes turret, but not weapon.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gunner Turret
Gunner Turret is the System which is used by the IFV. Gunner Units will change their weapon to the specified one as well as depending on what IFVMode the Passenger will yield, Ares allows you to own multiple Gunner Units. A Max of 17 Weapons & 15 Turrets for Turret Count is limited on a Gunner Unit.

Passenger Turret
Passenger Turret allows a Unit with a Turret to change its Turret depending on the amount of infantry inside. It needs the proper amount of TurretCount much like Gunner.

Abductor can work with or without Passenger Turrets.

Charge Turret - "IsChargeTurret"
Charge Turret allows that unit to change their turret after firing. In Vanilla RA2, The Prism Tank uses this to simulate the effect of the Turret collecting energy to fire. Like other multi-turrets you need a valid TurretCount to get it to work.

Gatling Turret - "IsGattling"
Gatling Turrets allow a unit to switch their weapons through "stages". In Vanilla YR, Only the Gatling Tank & Gatling Cannon use this. TurretCount doesn't work with this. To animate the turret you must edit it via HVA. (Seen through the Gatling Cannon & Tank Barrels)

Turret Spins - "TurretSpins"
Added in YR to simulate the effect of the Floating Disk spinning while in flight. Spinning Turrets can also work with ChargeTurret,Passenger & Gunner but the Turret in question will always be spinning. ROT defines how fast the turret spins. And also a Turret must complete its revolution to fire on which direction. (Turrets always spin clockwise)

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah so it is pauseable to a degree. thanks Starku.

If starku is right and i am limited to just one weapon, I can work with that. but a few of my tanks will miss out on the logic, which i did expect so no loss there. 3d shps should cover my holes in the coding generally speaking of course.

Ah yes, i beleive your right. but since only my basic teir units use IFV logic. im only interested in the Eye-candy side fire animations on my tanks @Graion Dilach

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon