Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Fun mod: Minions Madness (just an idea)
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject:  Fun mod: Minions Madness (just an idea) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm playing with the idea of creating a small fun mod which is based around the Minions from the movie Despicable Me.

This topic is about brainstorming and collecting ideas for this possible project.
Some ideas i have
-everything should have this cartoonish funny style (based on RA2/YR, the terrain would fulfill this already)
-mainly only single Minions with different weapons. Almost no vehicles.
-only a very limited amount of units to create perfect and simple balancing
-only one house (maybe later another different house with for example the damn MLP Ponys)
-exaggerated explosions and debris
-using custom debris with the image of the Minion, so it looks like they are blast away by explosions and high flying debris which almost hit the camera (If you know the old game Z from the Bitmap Brothers, you know what i have in mind)
-everything will be kept funny, so there is no blood or realistic violence. So you have no problem seeing a Minion explode or fly through the air.

Unit list
-Rocket launcher Minion
-Commando Minion: Uses melee boxing and kicking attacks. Uses exclusive infantry death anim on warhead to have attacked minion look like it was hit by a punch/kick.
-Bomb Minion: carries one of these big bombs which he can place on ground (reload at base) or go on a suicide mission.
-Engineer Minion
-Scout Minion: using the tall one for scouting (basically all units have only a very small sight range, except this one)
-Radiation Minion: the glow stick Minion emits radiation once deployed.
-Collector: only vehicletype using Slave Miner logic to send out mini Minions which collect the ressources

Ressources
-coins (replace Ore)
-sweets and candy (replace Gems)
-bananas and apples as crates (you know minions love them Smile )

Only a very few buildings
-Base camp (conyard): looks like Gru's house
-Minion Labor (production site for all Minions): You see cloning vats in which they are cloned and a conveyor belt which moves the grown Minions from the cloning vat into the armory.
-MG turret: A Minion sitting in a flak like cannon and shoots like this one Very Happy

Special tech structures
-upon capturing Vectors secret lab, you get access to a Squid Launcher Minion which is able to permanently MindControl the target.
-shrink ray minion: uses chrono legionnaire weapon to "shrink" the target into nothingness

What do you think about it?
Do you have any other ideas?
I'm all ears. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you have lots of booze or where did serious LKO go? Razz

Sounds funky but given your workload with TI left, hope this would be quickie project at most.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I have funny side too. Smile
Yes, it's only planned to be a small mini-mod project and planned to be done after the TI stuff is finish or next to the TI stuff. (I have created already a while ago an almost perfect replica and animated minion, so the unit is already mainly done)

Public SHPs

Tools

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahah cool idea.

minions vs ponyies Laughing
Love it.

but can ponyies be engineers its not like they got arms #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much later. First the Minions.
Then also 3 sides possible: Minions, Ponys, Rabbids Laughing

MinionMadness.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.54 KB
 Viewed:  11039 Time(s)

MinionMadness.jpg

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm against the idea on the grounds that some of my friends tell me I look like and have the same mannerisms as Gru. Sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather do a Worms mod. I've had that idea since day one, but never had the 3D capabilities to make one. Could have all sorts of wacky weapons, and of course the infamous ones such as Supersheep (suicide drone unit) and Holy Hand Grenades (ElitePrimary).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd totally make terrain for a Worms mod. Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't Worms already available as a RTS game?
hmm, subterranean locomotor would fit quite perfect for them. Smile

They would also make a good 4th faction in this crazy mod project.

Public SHPs

Tools

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find the idea boring, its a dumbed down basic rts game that way. Ya know rocket launcher guy meets rifle guy kinda project, only good thing about it would be the visuals being those minions.

Why not do something funky worthy of your skill?

Like I dunno, make only one faction the minions and the enemy is the banana. You start with hundreds of them and give them extreme guard range so that they hunt the banana. The map is flat but full with veins and Ice so that you have to keep the minions from suiciding while they hunt it.

That sounds kinda funky, thinking of what you are capable of I am sure you can come up with something better tough.
Apart from the visuals I could crap out a mod as you speak of within 3 hours with TibEd.

And Sheeesh Ponies srsly? I was hoping you're one of the cool guys, one who watched the powerpuff girls. Mojo Jojo all the way man!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As said, it's a mini-mod and also only a plan. But inventing some complete new game logic is not my plan. It's as you said based around some funny visuals. Nothing more.
Banana hunting sounds boring too and isn't multiplayer compatible. This sounds more like these ugly TS online maps which are only flat terrain and a few rocks. If a mapper wants, he can still add a mod map later which does that banana hunt.

TibEd? Stay away from me with this "thing". When i mod, i don't want any messed up inis which cause constant crashes ingame.

The Ponys will die, that's why. Smile If they are ever added, these will be the only ones which show blood and gore when they are killed. Very Happy

Public SHPs

Tools

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I'd rather do a Worms mod. I've had that idea since day one, but never had the 3D capabilities to make one. Could have all sorts of wacky weapons, and of course the infamous ones such as Supersheep (suicide drone unit) and Holy Hand Grenades (ElitePrimary).

not gonna lie a worms mod on the RA2/YR game engine would be pretty awesome. Not sure how you'd go about splitting them into different factions or not but it would be fun in the end I bet.

LKO's idea would be great for a laugh though and I wouldn't mind seeing it. Though I don't think it would last very long in holding people's attention once they've played a few matches due to it being a very simple set up with very limited amounts of things to build on the factions. Provided...taking the Minions on a campaign to destroy all of the ponies in their pony kingdom or whatever would be lolworthy.

I too once had a mod idea that sat on a bit of the cartoon-ish side graphically rather than realistically. I had thought about doing a 'War of the Lions' mod for RA2/YR. War of the Lions being the name of the war that partakes during the game of Final Fantasy Tactics. ...then remembered I don't have the motivation or the ability to do the majority of what I'd need for it. Not to mention Square Enix might not be very welcoming of such a thing if they ever caught wind of it.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Originally my plan for Colony Wars was to make it look Pixel-Art style... heh. Laughing

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been planning on completing a Microsoft Paint wars as my Sideproject to TI for ages, I just never got around to it. #Tongue

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Much later. First the Minions.
Then also 3 sides possible: Minions, Ponys, Rabbids Laughing

Laughing man that would be epic.. good to just laugh your ass off while playing a game. less serious modding. if you need a voice actor i'll do some minions
Razz too much fun.

Imagines a pony with rocket laucher srapped to its back ROFLMAO!!!

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget the ponies armed with a Party Cannon.

And a Gatling Gun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!