Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
cnc rewire free source?
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject:  cnc rewire free source? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure Rewire was released free source (at least to be modded).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Pretty sure Rewire was released free source (at least to be modded).

Where did you find this info? I'm not sure Gangster ever said this Confused
I already found those structures looking rather familiar when I saw the mod today...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

The only thing there is that he mentions 'play the mod or leave it', not 'rip from the mod and use in different mods without permission'. Also, the models DonutArnold released don't contain the GDI War Factory, Radar, Refinery, or Airpad seen here. Maybe I'm a bit too much focussing on this though...

EDIT: Seems all legal though. Some guy asked the same question:
Quote:
NoSoldier Oct 14 2012, 6:20pm says:
Nice to see it alive again... one question... aren't these "models" (voxels,shp) from rewire? It looks alot like this mod.
Edit: Sorry, haven't read the desrcoption in the picture.

Quote:
Dawex Oct 14 2012, 8:05pm replied:
No problem. I asked Gangster and he said that ReWire is an open source, I may use the shps.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO this fells under an open source mod. Just like anything from YR Supernova but without individual downloads.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guy PM'ed me. I don't mind riping RW assets for small mods like this one. Regarding 3d: everything not yet released freeware is either not exist, either copyrighted.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if he asked fair enough - just seemed like really random.

Didn't realised you stopped modding - oh well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer, why he would repeat the same mistake again? Very Happy

I still remember few years ago when he (& the modder from Coalition War) "re-used" the 98'7% my mod as base for his project (including the same artifacts produced by graphics resize and the fixes I made in the same locations of every frame, same mistakes in the same lines of code or "Spanish" filenames I forgot to remove in the .mix files) and all the work wasn't credited like if my mod was orphan or if I died...

This time looks that he is crediting every asset he is using, that's good news Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dawe
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all!
I make this mod and yes... that mod has a "dark secret" such as the world famous Monopoly board game. This is only an example that everybody may make a mistake. Wink But now the mod is (will be) "clear". Just use public assets and every little part is crediting. I know that my mod will not be perfect graphically, but I love total conversions and always wanted a RA2-TS TC. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon