Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Sidebar?
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject:  Sidebar?
Subject description: Would a generic, all faction one be possible?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, a third sidebar isn't possible but would however a generic sidebar that fits all three factions (something simple) be possible? The forgotten currently use the nod side bar, so I was wondering if an all purpose sidebar would be possible?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK it is just art and button positioning so I don't see why it would not be possible.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The main problem is that all extra factions are forced to use Cabal as the voice. So I thought might as well leave the UI to the Nod one. Wish it was the other way around, extra factions using GDI UI / EVA voice. Then you could explain that the Forgotten have stolen an EVA unit for their own use. But how'd they go around making Cabal work for them? Laughing

Also I really, really suck at UI and menu graphics as you might have noticed. In the end I think it's better that 2 of the factions have a unique interface, while the 3rd uses a copy. Rather than all 3 using the same interface.

Though what if you went extreme and swapped GDI and Nod UI graphics and voices around, then changed the faction list so that Nod is listed first and GDI second. Then all the extra factions would be using the GDI interface and EVA voice. Might require some other adjustments as well, but it might just work...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Switching the sides could be an interesting experiment. I wonder how many things are actually hardcoded to them.
Outgoing from the sometimes very simple mistakes WW did, switching the side might even solve some issues.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In some places, GDI is considered as the first entry, and then if not, anything else is Nod.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't you just rename the side## mixs files and edit the entries in rules? Wouldn't take too long I don't think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon