Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Side Listing - Cabal
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject:  Side Listing - Cabal Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cabal makes his return to the world stronger than ever before, Cabal's cyborg army focuses on mainly that, cyborgs. This means Cabal has more of an infantry focus, although the vehicles and aircraft he DOES have can still pack a mean punch.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry Listings

Cyborg - Cabal's main footsoldier has changed little since the unit's conception by the Brotherhood at the beginning of the Second Tiberium War. However to allow for larger mass production Cabal has lessened both the armour and the weapon capabilities of the Cyborg, but be warned it is still a force to be reckoned with in groups.

Cyborg Grenadier - One of Cabal's main anti-armour units, the Grenadier throws high-explosive fragmentation grenades that explode on impact, causing moderate to high damage on most vehicles. The grenades are also quite damaging to infantry units, but they find it easier to dodge the grenades themselves.

Recon Droid - As the name signifies, this unit's main purpose is exploration and reconnaissance. Equipped with optical camouflage that allows it to explore the map unopposed (for the most part), the Recon Droid can move quickly and can see large distances but is unarmed and only has a light armour plating (to facilitate the main function of the unit).

Maintenance Droid - This unit is Cabal's Engineer, it can be used to repair Cabal's structures or to capture those of the enemy. Due to the advanced internal circuitry this unit carries to serve its purpose, the Maintenance Droid can heal itself to half health should it take damage in a fire-fight.

Assimilator - This machine is specifically designed to take over (or assimilate if you will) any vehicle it enters. The Assimilator must remain in the vehicle to maintain its hold over it, but is free to move again should the vehicle be destroyed.

Sniper Droid - The ultimate sniper, able to hold a rifle perfectly steady in any circumstances and able to use heat and night vision to track a target, the Sniper Droid is a unit to be feared by any other infantry units. Even Hero Units have to be wary of this hellish advesary.

Cyborg Commando - Cabal's risk assessment analysis has concluded that his chief field unit should be upgraded for the upcoming conflict. The Commando can now target airbourne units with its plasma cannon, and is equipped with heavier armour than previously. The one downside to these combat enhancements is a reduction in speed due to increased weight, making the Commando more vulnerable to Artillery Emplacements among other things.

That's it for now (gotta go back to work in ten minutes), but expect vehicle and structure listings this evening.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice list.... this reminds me a lot of the Cyborg side at Final Dawn, but units have a better name #Tongue.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good ideas... Smile

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Nice list.... this reminds me a lot of the Cyborg side at Final Dawn, but units have a better name #Tongue.

Yours have better names or mine do? #Tongue I've never been good with my imagination, you have no idea how much of a test it is to come up with all the ideas for this mod in the first place Confused . I do however need to prove to the world (and myself) that I can actually start a project and get it finished, so this is my shot at that particular goal.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yours have a better name, because PPM:FD is still using beta names for units.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funny, many things remind me of TSTW's CABAL side as well..

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, I guess great mind's do think alike.

*looks around nervously*

On a more serious note (disclaimer warning), these are ideas I came up with on my own, I'm not out to rip off anyone's work here...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some limitations on the engines and some special tags makes some ideas look quite similar Wink. Don't worry, we have some original stuff too Wink.

Ashigaru
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not really smart to add another side. The only game that was successful that had more than 2 sides was StarCraft, by successful I mean balanced.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, its going to take heaps of works making new cyborg shp's though Wink (if you make new ones)

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

things like Cyborg Grenadier shouldn't be called that. Like the Cyborg Reaper isn't called Cyborg Missiler if u know what i mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon