Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FAQ: I'm not being able to validate my new account!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject:  FAQ: I'm not being able to validate my new account! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently, (insert a big and strong insult here, or more than one) Burst.net has cut our Exim services. Exim is a software used for local mailing (I think), which is what this forum uses to email it users. So, the forum tries to use it, it fails and the Mail Delivery Service (which works), send the email to webmaster@ppmsite.com. The result is that both Sk8erkid and I have our junk mail flooded with over 40 emails from the forum (if he didnt deleted any of them).

We don't turn off the user validation of this forum because of bots and other few reasons, so the registereing through normal ways is technically suspended.

So, here's a guide to validate your account.

1) Register your account normally, by filling the name, password that you don't use anywhere (I.e.: 12345) and providing a valid email account.
2) Email webmaster@ppmsite.com using the email account you filled in the registration with the following title: "I want to validate my account". And put any message on it. Do not write any password or personal data. We don't care at these things.
3) Sk8erkid or I will send you the validation email that matches your email.
4) Follow the link of the validation email and change your password to the one you really desire.

The following people in the list below that want their account validated, should start at the step 2:

- amps7 (or) amps2390
- Kanes Hand
- weston
- darkdragon106

Sorry for any inconvenience and also:

- don't expect any topic reply notification to reach you.
- don't expect any email about private messages sent to you.
- don't change your email, since you won't be able to validate it.
- don't use "I forgot my password" thing.

This is valid until the Exim returns online. This problem is also happening at Revora Forums, Strategy-X Forums, CnC Reloaded and CnC Reneclips forums, although in some of them you don't need to validate your account through a link submitted by email.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
This is valid until the Exim returns online. This problem is also happening at Revora Forums, Strategy-X Forums, CnC Reloaded and CnC Reneclips forums, although in some of them you don't need to validate your account through a link submitted by email.

- INVALIDATED! PPM now uses the SMTP server for sending any kind of email Smile. Problem is solved and you may now register again Very Happy. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

F - I - X - E - D

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!